Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Playing FFVII on PS3 - Sound effects change?

  1. #1
    Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Jasper's Park
    Posts
    3,502
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Playing FFVII on PS3 - Sound effects change?

    I'm forced to play Pre-PS3 games on my PS3 (for some God Mistaken reason, I didn't know you could play pre-PS3 games on a PS3) as my PS2 isn't working, and have been playing FFVII in order to write my walkthrough, and I've noticed that some of the sound effects have changed, the music is the same though. Has this happened to anyone else?

    I'll give examples if you want, though only the sound effects, I dunno if I can describe sounds.

  2. #2
    Wildökarudo Mercen-X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    8,630
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Maybe it's something to do with some kind of high definition sound enhancement..?

    https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...2&&FORM=VDRVRV

    Deadpool:
    As a mercenary, my first loyalty is to my hand. My right hand to be precise. Don't tell lefty, he gets jealous.
    My pal, Dexter, and I have had a longstanding on-and-off romance. I've proposed to her multiple times but she always says she's still young and wants to explore her sexuality while men are still interested. Well, men and women. She strokes both ways. That's a double entendre.

  3. #3
    Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Jasper's Park
    Posts
    3,502
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mercen-X View Post
    Maybe it's something to do with some kind of high definition sound enhancement..?
    That sounds reasonable, it could be that. THanks for answering.

  4. #4

    Default

    No, it's not that! I had the same issue! It's the emulator version! I don't remember very well but with the modded PS3 I used another version of "PSEmu" and it played exactly as on PS1!
    If you want to be a Final Fantasy hero...............

    Choose your class!



  5. #5
    tech spirit
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Virgo supercluster
    Posts
    17,948
    Articles
    2
    Blog Entries
    2

    FFXIV Character

    Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

    Default

    Emulation isn't always accurate. If you don't have the actual hardware in your system, it's not unheard of that there will be deviations.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

  6. #6

    Default

    That's it! But I managed to make it faithful to PS1! Of course a modded PS3 lets you change many settings you can't on a normal PS3!
    If you want to be a Final Fantasy hero...............

    Choose your class!



  7. #7
    Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Jasper's Park
    Posts
    3,502
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    It's not an emulator, it's the real PS1 disk, used in a PS3.

  8. #8
    Skyblade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Earth, approximately
    Posts
    10,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MJN SEIFER View Post
    It's not an emulator, it's the real PS1 disk, used in a PS3.
    The PS3 doesn't contain a PS1's full hardware. It uses software to emulate the features of the older system. As such, even with a pristine game disc, there can be differences between the way it's handled by a PS3 system as opposed to the original PSX. How the software translates the files, how they're optimized for use with the processor, etcetera. Things change, and thus the results change. Sometimes these changes are small, unnoticeable, or even beneficial (such as faster load times). Other times, though, they can distort things in an undesired way.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

    He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

  9. #9
    Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Jasper's Park
    Posts
    3,502
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MJN SEIFER View Post
    It's not an emulator, it's the real PS1 disk, used in a PS3.
    The PS3 doesn't contain a PS1's full hardware. It uses software to emulate the features of the older system. As such, even with a pristine game disc, there can be differences between the way it's handled by a PS3 system as opposed to the original PSX. How the software translates the files, how they're optimized for use with the processor, etcetera. Things change, and thus the results change. Sometimes these changes are small, unnoticeable, or even beneficial (such as faster load times). Other times, though, they can distort things in an undesired way.
    Oh, I see. I thought an emulator was always an online thing, that you downloaded, like a hack or whatever. Thanks for explaining it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •