Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Currently Reading

Articles
    Blog Entries

I just finished The Strangled Queen, Book 2 in the Accursed Kings, a historical fiction series about the fall of the French Capetian dynasty, opening with the extermination of the Templars. It was a good followup to the first, overall very intense.

Thinking about whether I should start The Firsy Law trilogy or Malazan Book of the Fallen.

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

i just got all the other Game of Thrones books :3 i'd reckon that at this pace.. its going to take me 4 years to finish them all :l

FFXIV Character

Raine Zenyphael (Sargatanas)

Right now I'm reading a book about Swiss history in the 15th century. It's not yet translated to English so I can't tell you a title :/

But the last book I finished, actually a shortstory, was by Haruki Murakami about a sleepless woman. The publisher combined it with illustrations, which were pretty dark but accompanied the story nicely.
    ~ Have no fear, dungeon hero X is here! Kupo! ~

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I just finished The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty. And despite the hokey title, I thought it was tremendously good. One of the most satisfying reading experiences I've had in awhile. I'm usually always a little disappointed by endings. It's almost always easier to have a fantastic beginning or premise than it is for something to have a really solid and cohesive ending. But the epilogue of this book was one of its shining moments. Really great all around.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I'm currently about halfway through The House of Night series. God, these books are so bad and trashy. xD

The last book I read before I started the series was:

9780670026630_custom-8d45ba33eca215a9c448c48bc58954276141bad4-s6-c30.jpg

Seriously amazing book. The best book I've read in a really long time--maybe all year! It touched me in so many ways, I definitely recommend it to everyone, and I know I recommended it to a lot of you who are on Goodreads.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Still reading A Dance with Dragons. It's been like... half a year and I'm only just past half through the book. Give me another six months to actually finish!

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    Seriously amazing book. The best book I've read in a really long time--maybe all year! It touched me in so many ways, I definitely recommend it to everyone, and I know I recommended it to a lot of you who are on Goodreads.
    I started reading it a few days ago but couldn't get into it. Maybe I'll give it another go.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Ruth's parts are kind of eh. They get better towards the middle/end, but Nao's story is really the heart of the book.

I guess I really identified with her because I was bullied and harassed in school.

I am on a break from reading.
    But the last one.
    Read "Heidi".

I just finished In the Dark of the Night by John Saul. I'm debating whether to start a new book next, or go back to one of the many I started reading then forgot about.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I'm reading Destined, which is the ninth book in the House of Night series. I have two more books in the main series after this, then I'm going to read the two novellas. Then move on to re-read Bridget Jones' Diary now that the new book is out!

FFXIV Character

Minami Chan (Moogle)

I'm reading Destined, which is the ninth book in the House of Night series. I have two more books in the main series after this, then I'm going to read the two novellas. Then move on to re-read Bridget Jones' Diary now that the new book is out!
    I'm on the same book Not read much the last few days though as i've been too busy at work. I do most my reading when there's no customers. After i've finished the series i'm going to reread Harry Potter for the millionth time

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Minami View Post
    I'm on the same book Not read much the last few days though as i've been too busy at work. I do most my reading when there's no customers. After i've finished the series i'm going to reread Harry Potter for the millionth time
    Woo! Go us! I really, really hate these books. And I really, really love them. It's a good story that's been poorly written. They're utter trash, but I'm addicted. ;-; You should check out this blog, it's hilarious: Blogging House of Night | Blogging Hunted (Book 5)

FFXIV Character

Minami Chan (Moogle)

Quote Originally Posted by Minami View Post
    Woo! Go us! I really, really hate these books. And I really, really love them. It's a good story that's been poorly written. They're utter trash, but I'm addicted. ;-; You should check out this blog, it's hilarious: Blogging House of Night | Blogging Hunted (Book 5)
    I'm the same, they are strangely addictive, though i think the first ones were slightly better than these later ones. I'll check out the link, thanks!

I moved all my eBooks to this computer, so now I can read again, yay~. And the lovely Jinx picked the letter Y for me, so I'm reading Dragon's Blood by Jane Yolen, the first in a 4 book series.