Thread: Playing V for the first time.

Default Playing V for the first time.

Hi I am playing this game for the first time and I was wondering if there was any items or anything that can be missed. I don't really want any spoilers but I am not trying to miss anything important. If there is guide out there somewhere that would be cool. Appreciate the help.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blinky501 View Post
    Hi I am playing this game for the first time and I was wondering if there was any items or anything that can be missed. I don't really want any spoilers but I am not trying to miss anything important. If there is guide out there somewhere that would be cool. Appreciate the help.

Thanks
    I don't have a guide for you, but as I recall, you can miss things like summons.

I know there are a few summons that become unavailable after certain points in the game. There are also some items and weapons/armor that I think you can't get after certain points, but not all of them are important.

Here's a short list of summon locations and which ones are missable, I didn't see any spoilers in it.

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/F...ng_the_summons
    Last edited by Sarisa; 09-09-2013 at 08:02 PM.

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

Grab the Lightning Whip from Jachol Cave when you get your airship...you won't be able to get it later on and its a pretty decent weapon if you're using a Beastmaster.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

I think Shiva is missable. I forgot at which exact point she becomes unobtainable though. Best to get her as soon as you can, which is once you get access to the castle with a lot of water in and around.

Also congratulations on finally picking up the Best™ Final Fantasy game.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Articles
    Blog Entries

I got her after the whole Fire Crystal quest. I didn't manage to beat her before when you first get the opportunity, but this time around, my Blue Mages made short work of her. Never underestimate the power of Goblin Punch ^^

I'd also recommend leveling up Monks because not only are they really powerful at this stage of the game, but also when you master them, their stats and passive abilities are added to the Freelancer class (but only the highest in each respective stat), and Monks have the highest Strength and Stamina in the game as well as the Counter ability. As soon as you master the Monk, the Freelancer is pretty damn strong and even more so when you master the Thief as well they also have max Speed, making for a really powerful class.

Also, this may be skipping ahead a bit, but don't underestimate the Dancer class. They are brutal and can equip some of the best stuff in the game.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Berserked monks are... unstoppable killing machines. Just saying.

Sweet! I knew that you guys and gals would come through for me, all of the tips are awesome. I am just now getting to walz castle, so i am just getting up in levels with my jobs and i was wondering what some of you guys favorite combinations are. for example i leveled galuf up to monk lvl. 3, and then switched him to a black mage with barefist skill so he does decent damage.

thanks

Articles
    Blog Entries

Two-Handed on ANY physical attacker that uses weapons except Ninja. Seriously, double damage is not something to throw away lightly.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Until you hit the damage cap, then dualwielding will net you more damage.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I don't know if this is complete or not, but it's what the FF Wiki has on FFV.

Quote Originally Posted by Final Fantasy Wiki - List of permanently missable items
    -The elemental rods that can be bought on Bartz's World can be lost if the player does not buy them before moving onto Galuf's World. The other items that can be bought only on Bartz's world is the Iron Shield and Kenpo-Gi in the town of Walse.
    -The ice summon Shiva must be fought and defeated to become usable before the mid-game plot twist, or she becomes unavailable. She is located in the water tower in the back of Walse Castle.
    -The song Romeo's Ballad and Alluring Air can be learned in Istory and Lix on Bartz's World only.
    -All the Genji Equipment can be stolen from Gilgamesh each time the players encounter him.
    -The random boss Catoblepas must be fought and defeated in Galuf's World to become usable, or it becomes unavailable by the Merged World.
    -The Power Staff can be earned from the Black Warlock in Castle Exdeath only.
    -The summon Carbuncle must be fought and defeated in Galuf's World to become usable, or it becomes unavailable by the Merged World.
    -The Excalipoor sword will be missed if the players ignores its treasure chest in Castle Exdeath or kills Gilgamesh before he transforms into his final form.
    -The song Mana's Paean must be learned from the Library of the Ancients's terrace in the Merged World before the battle against Melusine in the Guardian Tree.
    -The Thief's Gloves can only be stolen from Sekhmet in the Pyramid of Moore or Necrophobe in the Interdimensional Rift. If the players kill Sekhmet, he'll never appear again.
    -Either the Brave Blade or Chicken Knife will be missed by choosing the other choice.
    -The accessory Kornago Gourd is a reward for the sidequest in Quelb and can be stolen from Omniscient in the Fork Tower.
    -Gold Hairpin can be stolen from Famed Mimic Gogo in the Sunken Walse Tower.
    -The Titan's Gloves can be stolen from Azulmagia in the Interdimensional Rift.
    -The Titan's Axe can be stolen from Twintania in the Castle in the Interdimensional Rift. The Tinklebell is also earned from Twintania.