Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: American Horror Story: Coven (unmarked spoilers)

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Less than five minutes in and I am pretty certain this will be the scariest, most terrifying and smurfed up season yet. My god.

This new intro is my favorite. I am love, love, loving it. I quite liked the first season's, but I think this one is definitely my favorite.

I have a feeling this will be the best season yet. They started out strong with the first season and it failed a little bit with the story twists at the end. Season two they ended up with a case of over-achieving syndrome and fell short with all the plotlines they tried to tie up. I have a feeling that this is the season they will get it right and have few to little mistakes. That's my hope anyway.

Even if there have been some flop moments with the first two seasons, seeing just how smurfing versatile the actors can be with their different roles is just amazing. I really like that they are using Sarah Paulson more and more as the seasons go on. All of the ladies are just incredible. Sarah, Jessica Lange, Lily Rabe and Frances Conroy are outstanding in their roles. Jessica Lange, as always, is classy as trout while having an air of sultry vixen to her.

I will say, though, that Violet (I don't care what her name is this season, that will always be her name) explaining right off the bat that she's a witch was a little disappointing. I would have liked to see it surface somehow other than just being laid on the table, but I have faith that there is a reason for it.

Don't even care that I feel like a cradle-robber, I would do Evan Peters with zero hesitation. (he's older than me but goddamn he always plays a high school student/young adult)

Really looking forward to the rest of this season!

edit: The rape scene was pretty upsetting. Between that and the Kathy Bates scenes, I am kindof shocked at the fact that this is allowed on regular tv.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

This season could be really good. Some of the witch academy parts seemed a little too "high school movie", but I think that might get better as it moves along, as I suppose they want to dispel any cheesy connotations early so they can start getting more serious later. The Kathy Bates flashbacks were really messed up and Kathy Bates has been my greatest fear since I saw Misery, so. Wahhh!!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I am so so excited about this season. I also think it will be the best yet. I'm really glad that they brought back Taisa Farmiga (Violet/Zoe) as I LOVED her in the first season, and was really disappointed she wasn't in the second. I'm also really excited to see the girl with Down's Syndrome back, as I think she's a lovely actress, especially considering her disability.

And Shorty, I also thought this opening is cool! The music is a little bit different. The drawing things kind of freaked me out how they moved. ALSO, the smurfing Jersey Devil creature that's in it, dear lord. Seen at 0:16 and even better at 0:22:

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It gives me chills! Also, dayum those spikey heels at 0:24.

The minotaur thing really creeps me out. Really.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I tried to find it again, but I think I saw the Minotaur in the credits? I bet we see him again at some point. The scene with the Voodoo Witch made it seem like he'll be back...

edit:

I love Kathy Bates in everything, so that's a plus. But the way she said "Minotaur" drove me kind of insane because I'm a real hipster about it's pronunciation.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I am pretty sure we will see more of it, too. There's no way they can introduce something that morbid and grotesque and not build on it.

Also, I love love love that this is set in New Orleans. I've always wanted to go there.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

YES, I HAVE TOO. It's such a spooky place.

I just really love this concept. I love Queenie's messed up ability. And I really hope that Violet doesn't turn out to be the next Supreme. Not because I don't just love her, but because it's just too obvious and "well, duh".

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

In agreement. Though I'd have to say that Violet's ability is the most smurfed up.

edit: literally lol

edit #2: When Jessica Lange was leading them through the city and they were all in black with their hats, all I could think of was this song. (listen to it, totally relevant, literally a band of witches)

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I will listen later.

And yeah, HOW smurfED UP IS HER ABILITY? HOW HAVE WE NOT TALKED ABOUT IT YET?

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It's like she's Rogue from X-Men but even more smurfed up.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Right? That was my exact thought!

I wonder if her succubus powers are just for hetero sex.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

This is my favorite season so far. Obviously a bit early to declare that, but I do love witches. There were a couple of scenes that were hard to get through though. xP

So weird. Stupid song was annoying too. "LA. LA LA LA. LA. LA LA LA. *beat and repeat*"

But damn that blonde girl was fine. This season is just trying to be like girls with superpowers lol. Like Heroes and Misfits but with a twilight-esque theme going on now. It's weird for a guy. I don't think I'll bother with the next episode.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Second episode was eh. I don't love that they tried to revive Tate. Those bitches should have known that nothing good would come from that. It felt like a very high school episode, and as appalled by the gore and disturbing trout as I was, that's what I watch this damn show for and I want more of it!

I can't imagine what the trout they are going to do with that voodoo mistress and Kathy Bates. What, are they going to have them battle out their century-old feud in modern times? The minotaur at the end, though, hoooooo boy was that creepy. But what are they going to do with him? How could he possibly come into play?

I'm kindof disappointed they brought Kathy Bates to modern times. I wanted to see more of the insane trout she was doing in the 1800's.

It seems like babies and pregnancy are a recurring theme with this show. The first season was pretty much almost entirely focused on it, the second season involved Lana getting knocked up by her rapist and this season she's having difficulty getting pregnant. I wonder where they will lead with it.

Still love the opening sequence and it is amazing and gives the perfect feel for the show. The bony Jersey Devil or whatever the trout is that's standing still and turns its head toward the camera is so smurfing creepy. And then those couple of seconds when the music goes quiet except for the little sparks of static and then the big BAAAAAAH noise as the three hooded figures lift up in the forest! Aaaaah, so amazing! I love love love it.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Yes, the Jersey Devil is still freaking me out.

I knew we'd see more of the Minotaur. He is CREEPY.

Queenie is so smurfing cool. She and Nan are probably my favorite characters right now. But it looks like she gets killed off next episode.

AND OMG SATAN IMPREGNATING LANA? This show loves they Antichrist babies.

I like this season. I think it's going to be very good. I guess the one thing about it I dislike is that it's not really set in a real world setting. The first season was great because hey, normal family buys a haunted house. The second season (despite my dislike of it) was set in an insane asylum. But a school for witches isn't real. I mean, I'm sure they've had them, but it wasn't real.