Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: American Horror Story: Coven (unmarked spoilers)

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

That dude Splading has some real problems. I think having Zoe become the next supreme is too typical and I sort of want Marie Laveau to win. I also agree that showing Misty's face in the elevator was tricky when she really had nothing to do with it, which I already sort of figured that she didn't since she did not kill Madison, but was also blamed for that, though it could have been possible that she set the other stuff up, but I think it was Laveau that attacked the Supreme's daughter and drugged the Supreme, at least I thought she was drugged.

I still don't get that scene and that scene where she resurrected the dead baby was awkward. Is it truly alive with a soul or is it more like frankenboyfriend?

Also where the smurf did that swamp witch come from?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Can't this show do one thing the "typical" way?? Zoe for Supreme!

And, yeah, that dead baby. I don't like dead babies. I was nursing my baby while I watched the show, so as soon as they showed that baby I practically yelled "YOU BRING THAT BABY TO LIFE DAMMIT!!" I'm just going to assume it's truly alive because I do not like dead babies.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Spalding is hilarious and creepy. Dolls and ladies' nightgowns - awesome.

I knew Misty was going to bring that ginger witch back to life!

I'd like to see more of what's going to happen between the two covens. Seeing the minotaur's head in a box was pretty gnarly. Also, they seem to have backed off on the gore, for the most part. Those first two episodes, though, man. I kindof want more, though!

I don't know what the deal is with Cordelia being able to see that flashback of her husband cheating on her. Maybe now that she's blind she can see things in other ways?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Yeah, I think she gained some new power. Which is cool! She also saw him killing The Maid.

As for the baby scene--while totally sad and messed up in ways, I cried when she gave her speech and brought the baby back to life. But, as I've read around, because of the weird flickering of the lights and the dream-like state, some people think she was hallucinating all of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Weren't the lights flickering in other scenes? trouttiest hospital ever, btw.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Did they ever show what Cordelia's innate ability was?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I thought it was her potions.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

That was my impression as well!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

And mine! In the first episode she tells the girls that she's a pretty ordinary witch.

ALSO TONIGHT YEEEEAH

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Oh good god. The part where Zoe opens the chest with Madison's body and the part where the guts and bug comes out of her mouth when they're reviving her...both made me literally gag. I've never watched a show that made me physically retch before.

THOSE EVIL S ARE TORTURING MY POOR SWEET SPALDING. YOU BIIIITCHEEEES

Cordelia is starting to become cool. I wasn't surprised her husband turned out to be a Witch Hunter; I saw that coming.

I don't really care for the Axman plot. Boooriiiing.

OMG MADISON'S BAAAACK

Previews for next week look like we're getting a busy show. I'm glad Delia is finally aware of what's going on with Fiona.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, Axman seems a bit superfluous with all that's already going on.

I'm glad Maddison is revived.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I checked out the first episode last night and then marathoned all of them. I haven't watched the first two seasons so all of this name swapping is confusing the hell out of me you guys.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

If it makes you feel any better, I don't know like anyone's names.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The axman seems to have been introduced purely to probably turn Fiona's world upside down. She was whining in the hospital about being lonely, and so here he comes to sit down and ask what she's drinking.

I'm reaching the point where I'm getting fed up and don't care, just like in season two. Too many things crammed into too short of a time. First you have Madame Kathy Bates and her story which seems pretty integral to the plot, except where was she this episode? Nowhere to be found. She seems to be less and less important, which makes me question why they brought her in with such a strong start to the show, only to use her less and less. It makes me mad! Then we've got students getting raped by frat boys, minotaurs raping students and minotaur heads being sent to the other tribe. Then we have midlife crisis Fiona worrying about her youth and the next Supreme, resulting in Madison dying and Burny Spalding hoarding her corpse so he can dance with it when the moon gets full, Fiona conspiring with students in order to sabotage Myrtle, Misty Day brings everyone who dies back to life and Violet is a smurfing idiot because I don't get how she can't see that it didn't work out well the first time and asking Misty to bring Madison back is a bad idea. I still don't know why Tate is running around behaving like a mute gorilla or what point his role is in this show. Is it purely to keep Misty Day involved with the other characters? That's all it seems like to me. Then you have the Hoodoo tribe trying to kill the white witches and calling up corpses to terrorize the witches and what now, they've hired a hitman who's been biding his time for six years? Why? And what of the the boy next door and Frank Rossitano's mother from 30 Rock? Where are they and why were they important enough to be introduced? Now we've got ouija boards and spirits and American Jack the Ripper who wants to clean out the witches chatting up a desperate Fiona.

The reason these American Horror stories show they work is because all of the actors and actresses are so versatile in their changing roles from season to season. Violet is boring as trout. She seems to have zero acting skills and is exactly the same as she was in the first season and I am getting tired of her. Also her power is completely useless and stupid.

Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk had better get their trout in order. They are making the same mistakes as they made in season two in throwing too many colors into their palette and it's all just going to turn an awful murky brown if they aren't careful.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Agreed, wholeheartedly. I'm still enjoying the ride this season, much more than I was at this point last year. But I wish that they'd calm their tits about adding all this trout in. I want to watch a show about witches, not a cereal killer!

Strangely enough, some people actually think season two was better than season one. SAY WHAT COME AGAIN??? Oh well, even if season 3 goes the way of season 2, we'll always have Parisseason one. That was some damn fine television.