Thread: How do you get angry?

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

I don't get angry very often. I get annoyed with people sometimes. When that happens I actually tend to go full on super mega obnoxiously nice to the person pissing me off, sometimes to the point of condescension. I think it's because this tends to make the other person angry without giving them the satisfaction of knowing that I'm visibly upset.

It's kind of a petty thing to do and I've tried to cut back on it. When I played WoW, I removed myself from trade chat because if some douchebag in chat pissed me off (happens a lot, because hello trade chat) I would log into some anonymous alt and send them whispers about "I know you're feeling upset but go take a nap or something and then have a nice day, and don't forget to smile, hon " just because it amused me and I just know it pissed them off. One time some guy called me a name for no good reason and how did I retaliate? By sending him a "Tasty Cupcake" (it's supposed to make your character happy) in the ingame mail once a week for like six months.

I don't know. It's sort of schadenfreude I guess. As I said I've tried to cut back on it quite a lot because it's stupid.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Mine kind of goes like this.

------------'...............------!!!.............

I'll be a bit annoyed. I'll have a wee outburst, then I'm mellow. Then if it doesn't go away I'll get a bit annoyed again, then I'll have a really short tantrum and then I'll be absolutely fine.

Usually my tantrums are long winded rants with a lot of expletives and some stomping around but usually I just need to let it out of my system. Kind of like an anger burp. Once it's gone I feel totally good.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I get more irritable than angry. When I'm irritable I give short, maybe some what curt responses because I'd rather not be bothered until I calm down. If I get actually angry I tell people to smurf off because I don't want to be bothered then either, but I'm beyond the point of passivity about it.

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I get annoyed with people occasionally, but it is very rare when I get angry. Usually when I get angry, it's when people are treating my friends and family badly. If I'm present during the incident, I'll tell the person to stop doing whatever they are doing to my friend or to stop talking behind their backs. I don't ever yell or anything (the only time I've yelled at someone was in 4th grade when a girl wouldn't stop poking me in the arm for something like 20 minutes straight). Usually people can't tell when I'm annoyed just because I don't really visibly change my face or anything. I'm also already a pretty quiet person, and even though I think that I do get more quiet when I am annoyed, no one notices.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulainn View Post
    What is anger?
    That feeling you experience as soon as you wake up until you go to bed.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Cold, silent fury.

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm angry like fireworks. Short, loud, bright bursts of emotion and then it's over and I'm over it. Unless one of two things happens: the person inciting my anger doesn't leave well enough alone. Then I'm more like the sneaky eye of the stove that you forgot you turned on and for some reason set your hand on and I say really nasty mean things that go right to where you live and burn you down. Then I cry because I was so mean.

The other thing is if someone messes with someone I care about or someone or something defenseless. That takes me to a point of anger where I act without thinking of what I'm doing, what consequences it has and without remorse, which is really bad.

Signature by rubah. I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiro View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulainn View Post
    What is anger?
    That feeling you experience as soon as you wake up until you go to bed.
    Oh THAT! Yea I know that. We call that life though, not anger. Must be an Irish thing. Seperated by a common language

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

As I'm staring through the red mist
    I feel my blood boiling as I'm
    clenching my fists so hard.
    My heart rate goes up to the top
    and my mind feels like I'm about to erupt.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm getting increasingly better at keeping my anger under wraps. Mostly when I'm pissed off though I'll be vocal about it, I'll get overly sarcastic and snappy even more so than normal. If I'm pissed off and I'm not being vocal, that is when people should worry because It'll generally mean I've got something planned for them. Like one of the regional managers in my previous company found out when he tried to bully me in work and found himself defending a grievance case.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I don't get angry. I get even.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

It depends what type of situation it is. Working where I work I usually just flail on my desk or sigh, occassionally rant a bit with the guy sitting next to me. Outside of work if it's with other people I'll just pent it up and sigh quite heavilly. If I'm really angry I can snap at people and making really snarky remarks I end up regretting - this happens online too.

At home I tend to just talk it out by ranting out loud to myself. Probably pace around a bit until I calm down.

A lot of the time I just pent it up though. I used to just work it out in the gym (just by doing like an hour on the crosstrainer) but haven't been in sometime now. I should probably go again as I've been rather cranky lately.

I don't usually get angry, even in situations that most people would get, but when that particular thing (which include- someone breaking my guitar string, Arsenal losing, people drinking my bottle of coca cola, that sort of things) takes place that sets me off and triggers that imad reaction out of me, I usually go berserk, using all the greek cursing dictionary (we're talking about a very rich one) in a non-coherent way, punching my fist to the wall for dramatic flare (and then bitching some more about it) and then it's off my system.
    It usually lasts for a good 5 minutes.

FFXIV Character

Kalen Isis (Sargatanas)

If it's with really close family or my boyfriend, I usually cry if I get upset enough.

But the other day a patient's family member shoved a used toilet commode into my leg and all I could do was speechlessly glare at them in wonder and amazement at how anyone could be so rude.

I always think of grate things to say later.
    Boo!

Blog Entries

I write long posts on tumblr with liberal usage of the phrases "i can't even" and "i'm so smurfing triggered"

there was a picture here