Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Miley Cyrus' raunchy performance at the 2013 VMAs, and why I hate her now

I'm personally not very fond of the direction Miley's taken now and how excessive she's being in what she does, but it could be worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Denmark View Post
    Miley in particular had a really smurfed up childhood (how would you like your dad to be the "Achy Breaky Heart" guy?)
    Could you elaborate more on this? I actually wasn't aware of anything like this, and I'm wanting to know since it'd probably explain quite a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Evastio View Post
    Could you elaborate more on this? I actually wasn't aware of anything like this, and I'm wanting to know since it'd probably explain quite a lot.
    Elaborate how?

Billy Ray Cyrus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I don't find the performance (or Miley's new persona) particularly appealing but that's as far as my judgement goes. Let her be what she wants to be. Slut shaming is just smurfing terrible. Why are we all so prudish that people who enjoy sex and being and feeling sexy are frowned upon? Get the smurf off your high horse because you're not perfect and I'm sure you have ~depraved~ thoughts too. She's not hurting anyone so whatever.

Blurred Lines is a catch song but its lyrics are horrendous and Robin Thicke probably needs to be held accountable. I don't buy the "oh Pharrell and me just wanted to push the boundaries 'cause we're both great husbands" bulltrout; your song is not a critique of the problem, it is celebrating it. Mind you that brunette chick in the video was banging, but smurf this rape culture and smurf this slut shaming culture which inevitably puts women in a no-win position.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Yeah guys, stop being skanks about people. Skanks.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Is that your final answer?
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Not on topic, but the line is in fact "Dancing With Molly" and not "Dancing with Miley".

...I'm really depressed I know this.

I saw that performance the other day on my cable, and I found it hilarious. I don't know much about her, but apparently she was put on this ~sweet girl~ pedestal, and because she now does whatever the hell she wants, is that a bad thing? I mean, she didn't change her music sound, did she? Just the image.

Meh, imo, she can do whatever she wants, so long as she doesn't trout on someone else.

Blog Entries

There are FAR more pressing matters in this world than a 20 year old dancing around.

and that troutty noise they call blurred lines needs to be deleted form the world.

Miley? Oh yeah, that Disney chick has some decent music. Could care less about the rest, but Breaking Bad did give a pretty good parody using that VMA video so kudos for her...I suppose.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I hope she performs this song next year.

More recently, Miley Cyrus has gotten into a feud with Irish singer Sinead O'Connor, after the latter advised her about her recent reckless ways.

The Sinead O'Connor and Miley feud isn't over ? The Marquee Blog - CNN.com Blogs

She wrote her first note after Cyrus stated that her video for "Wrecking Ball" was inspired by O'Connor's "Nothing Compares to You," stating that the music business does not care about her, and will prostitute her for all she's worth, which will end up with her finding herself all alone in a hard place, while her exploiters will be relaxing in their million-dollar yachts (she's right, you know), and that it is not cool for her to flaunt herself in such an erotic manner (I agree), after which Miley responded by posting O'Connor's history of mental issues, while also mentioning Amanda Bynes' current problems in the process. O'Connor then responded with a second letter that stated that she might threaten legal action in a lawsuit. Miley then responded by posting a photo of O'Connor ripping up a picture of Pope John Paul II on an appearance on Saturday Night Live (which subsequently caused her to never top the U.S. charts again, and Miley will be hosting the show sometime this month too, so I can only imagine her ripping up a picture of O'Connor during her performance), to which O'Connor responded with a third letter, stating that when Cyrus ends up in either the psych ward or rehab, she'll come visit.

Now, when it comes to O'Connor telling Cyrus that it is not cool for her to flaunt herself in such a raunchy manner, another singer who agrees with her is, of all people, Britney Spears, who collaborated with Cyrus on the title track of her new album, which is named "SMS (Bangerz)," and also appeared in the MTV documentary Miley: The Movement.

Britney Spears, Sinead O?Connor, Miley Cyrus sound off on sex, music | Boston Herald

In a recent interview, Spears stated that though a lot of sex goes into what she does (and it's true), she believes that there is too much pressure on her and other female artists to be "sexy," and sometimes, she feels that it's better to go back to the old days (as in the "Baby One More Time" era), despite the fact that her most recent song is called "Work B[leep]." Now that she is the mother of two young sons, aged 7 and 8, she feels that it may not be appropriate for her children to watch.

To be honest, I agree with both Britney Spears and Sinead O'Connor about Miley's wild ways. She needs to stop this now before she becomes the next Lindsay Lohan.
    Is that your final answer?

Blog Entries

It is -not- dancing with Molly.

it's "dancing with Miley."

If you listen hard enough, you can hear that that's clearly what she says.

Even googling the lyrics will tell you that.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Oh hey her nipples are available on the internet now.

Just thought that was kind of on topic.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

:monster:

Are they worth looking up?
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by noxious.sunshine View Post
    It is -not- dancing with Molly.

it's "dancing with Miley."

If you listen hard enough, you can hear that that's clearly what she says.

Even googling the lyrics will tell you that.

As much as I want it to be "dancing with Miley" for the camp factor, it's most definitely "dancing with Molly."
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.