Page 1 of 14 123456711 ... LastLast

Thread: Miley Cyrus' raunchy performance at the 2013 VMAs, and why I hate her now

Default Miley Cyrus' raunchy performance at the 2013 VMAs, and why I hate her now

Did anyone see Miley Cyrus' raunchy performance of her new single, "We Can't Stop," at the 2013 MTV VMAs"? She simulated many sex acts, including bending down with her glutes on Robin Thicke's pelvis, and popularized "twerking," which is a disgusting dance, during which she used the foam finger as a phallic symbol, at which the creator of the foam finger is disgusted at. The VMAs seem to attract controversy every year, whether it would be from raunchy performances like Miley's or Lady GaGa's, which was overshadowed by Miley's performance (not to mention Britney and Christina locking lips with Madonna a few years back), or other things, such as Kanye West interrupting Taylor Swift after she upset Beyonce for the "Song of the Year" award ("You Belong With Me" beat "Single Ladies"), but this performance was considered by many to be downright crass.

To be honest, I HATE Miley Cyrus now, for what she has become. She used to be nicer as her retired Disney alter-ego, Hannah Montana, and early in her career as herself, she was also pretty good, but seeing what she's become now, I can't stand her anymore. I mean, how in the world did she go from something so wholesome to something so raunchy?!

The song "We Can't Stop," which contains the line "dancing with Molly," referring to drug use (though some people can alternately interpret the line as "dancing with Miley"), is from her new album, entitled Bangerz, which will be released soon, and on RCA Records, after she left Hollywood Records, where all of her prior albums came from, and according to Wikipedia, it will have a Parental Advisory sticker on it. Her next single is called "Wrecking Ball," and in the video, she goes COMPLETELY NUDE. Now, I haven't seen the actual video, but I have seen screenshots of it, which were too racy to be safe for work (or school, for that matter).

Like I have stated many times before, I have never actually watched Hannah Montana on the Disney Channel, but I liked her for her music from that show. What got me into her music was a few other relatives who did watch the show. If you were to quiz me on whatever went on during the course of the show, I would do very poorly, but I still liked her music back then. I've also noticed that many of you on this forum have hated her since the beginning, but do you hate her more now than ever, because while I liked her back then, I absolutely despise her now.
    Last edited by SuperMillionaire; 09-14-2013 at 07:05 PM.
    Is that your final answer?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMillionaire View Post
    The song "We Can't Stop," which contains the line "dancing with Molly,"
    I'm like 99.9% sure she says "dancing with Miley".

Her music is catchy. I really don't care what a performer does in their personal life unless it's like, punching babies or something like that.

Miley in particular had a really smurfed up childhood (how would you like your dad to be the "Achy Breaky Heart" guy?), had a lot of attention on her during her formative years, etc etc. She's being a young adult. She happens to be richer than people her age, but she's nearly 21 and is not making music for children anymore. Why is that a problem?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

We Can't Stop is a damn good song.

You are still free to dislike whatever you want and disagree with how she portrayed herself in her new video, but you might want to consider this before you're just like OH MY GOD A NAKED FEMALE BODY SO OFFENSE WHAT A STUPID SLUT:

1237609_201973619977861_1751347315_n.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

I like how it's not even "I have kind of went off her, I don't really like her new image...", it's that you despise her now. That's awfully extreme. I think you need to calm your jets. :3

I think Katy Perry should go back to making Christian music

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Britney Spears should go back to being in the Mickey Mouse Club.

Articles
    Blog Entries

On Sephex's stream we got to the Sir Cyrus part of Chrono Trigger and touched on the VMA thing.... We were kinda proud that EoFF, especially EoEO didn't make a thread about it.

Anyway, I don't think much good can come from what she's doing now, its sad that so many former teen stars feel like they need to overcompensate and differentiate themselves from their past. I know she wanted to express something mature with this new video but it should've been obvious how it would be taken after the VMAs. And telling the observer that their interpretation is wrong just isn't how art works.

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I don't actually hate Wrecking ball. I don't like it either, and I don't get why she was naked, but I don't hate it. On the other hand, the VMA's made me throw up in my mouth a little.
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    Britney Spears should go back to being in the Mickey Mouse Club.
    Any Mickey Mouse Club that wasn't the original Mickey Mouse Club from the 50s is the wrong Mickey Mouse Club.

Anyways I don't care what Miley Cyrus did because it's her choice, she can do what she wants to.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

No, I'm just tired of hearing people say she's a slut or a whore and how she's a horrible human being who's going to burn in Hell. It gets old. So you didn't like what she did? Great, that's your opinion. I even said that. But do you really care so much about someone whom you've never even met that you now HATE them or think they're a slut without even knowing them?

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar View Post
    On Sephex's stream we got to the Sir Cyrus part of Chrono Trigger and touched on the VMA thing.... We were kinda proud that EoFF, especially EoEO didn't make a thread about it.
    But I knew it was going to happen. Good memory, man.

well, unfortunately, people are idiots when it comes to the assessment of celebrities.

take, for example, this website

Tragically, The Beatles were heathen Communists

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

She's a skank. A dirty dirty skank who is making a trout ton of money from acting that way. The more people talk, the more views she gets, the more attention she gets, the more money she makes. So yeah, go ahead, call her names and watch her nekkid butt on a wrecking ball, it's making her money

Infamy is still fame.

Just dropping it in here:

Every single thing superstars like Miley do is planned and instructed by marketeers and producers. They want money. Sex sells. Controversy creates a buzz. Don't believe anything you see or hear, because these people are actors. Entertainers. Not even artists, for an artist creates, and superstars have everything created for them, including their personalities.

Personally, I think no-one should waste their time on "issues" like these.

The Nerd Who Knows Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World's Avatar
    Blog Entries

God, I just want to have sex with her.

EDIT: I went ahead and actually watched her 'Wrecking Ball' video. I actually thought it was tastefully done, unlike her VMA performance. The video did really did relay the feeling of immense emotional pain. Which is what I assume was the whole point.

I also refuse to believe in any conspiracy theories, from superstars who do everything according to a plan just for the money, to political leaders making trout up just to go to war and make money. I just don't buy into any of that trout. Some people are smurfed up, and I believe that the spotlight (any kind of spotlight) does absolutely nothing to help that.
    Last edited by Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World; 09-12-2013 at 10:00 PM.

<PaperStar> live fast, die young, bad plefs do it well