Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Default More Collaborations for FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn

It seems Square Enix have plans for their FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Collaboration project. We revealed a few months ago that Lightning would be appearing in a special FATE event in Eorzea where players have a chance of winning a Snow Villiers or Lightning costume as well as a job specific weapon for their character. This cross-over also included Lightning getting a rather controversial (here at EoFF at least) Miqo'te costume for her adventures in Lightning Returns: FINAL FANTASY XIII.

Well, it's not stopping there. Square Enix are celebrating some big milestones this year. Namely, the 11th anniversary of FINAL FANTASY XI and the 1st anniversary of Dragon Quest X in Japan. To celebrate special collaborations will be happening between these titles!

Players will be able to fight against the indomitable Shantotto of FINAL FANTASY XI in a special FATE. If they are successful they will get a Shantotto minion to add to their collection.

A similar FATE event will take place for the Dragon Quest X cross-over. Those pesky Golems will be invading Eorzea and of course it falls to you, and whoever else happens to be around, to stop them! Players who are successful in their plight will receive a Golem minion for their collection.

Square Enix also revealed that the Lightning Returns event will be going live on servers in November 2013 to coincide with the Japanese launch of the game. They weren't clear, however, if this meant all servers or just the ones in the Japanese data center.

I'm excited for all 3 of these events, though, I know the idea of these cross-overs doesn't appeal to everyone. What's your verdict on them?

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

WHAT.

That's it, I'm getting this game.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Must have Shantotto minion!!!

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

OMG! O_O I want the shanttoto minion.

I love all the fun stuff they are doing with this game.
    Lamia's Tiara- Headgear in FFIX
    Lamia's Flute- Weapon for Eiko in FFIX
    Lamia in FFV- a enemy
    appearance: a lady with long brown hair, wearing a tiara...half woman and half snake.
    Lamia in FF3j- A Harp
    Lamia in FFL2- An enemy
    FF2j Queen Lamia, at one point she even gets Frionel in a bedroom with her and jumps on the bed and says "take me!".. before she turns into her snakey self. She serves as a mini boss in this game (as Queen Lamia).. and after you fight her as a mini boss, regular lamia's become random foes and later on in the game, Queen Lamia's become random foes as well.
    LamiaScl. an item that paralyzes foes.
    According to legend, she was once a Libyan queen (or princess) who fell in love with Zeus. Zeus' jealous wife Hera deformed her into a monster and murdered their offspring. She also made Lamia unable to close her eyes, so that she couldn't find any rest from the obsessing image of her dead children. When Zeus saw what had be done to Lamia, he felt pity for her and gave his former lover a gift: she could remove her eyes, and then put them on again. This way, though sleepless, she could rest from her misfortune. Lamia envied other the other mothers and took her vengeance by stealing their children and devouring them.

Odd. I'm not haring any of the "Ugh, Shantotto isn't a XIV character, why are they forcing her into the game" complaints that I heard when Lightning's FATE was announced.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Well, FFXIV is a spiritual sequel to FFXI to be fair. She fits in a lot more with that world.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    Odd. I'm not haring any of the "Ugh, Shantotto isn't a XIV character, why are they forcing her into the game" complaints that I heard when Lightning's FATE was announced.
    FFXI and FFXIV are kindreds. A FFXI/FFXIV crossover makes a lot of sense and works in a way that wouldn't work as well for the other FF games.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Shantotto doesn't have her tits out.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.