Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Werk werk.

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

I'm a Sergeant in the USMC Reserve, a full time student and I work at a local PC repair company. I like all of my jobs, but I have very little free time.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

BJ and I are determined to not have careers. My maternity leave will end in January or February, at which time I'll return to a lower management position in retail at Disneyland. In the meantime I have an Etsy store and BJ and I are designing some phone apps. We also play the stock market. Because careers are lame.

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I work on the administrative tasks in a family doctors' office. I schedule patients, take money, follow-up with people in the hospital, provide references and referrals to other services, write letters to patients, check insurance and make people laugh. It's a fun job.

Signature by rubah. I think.

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

I work on vehicles. I do an even amount of general maintenance and repair, and performance enhancements. Obviously I prefer the jobs where I make things go faster.

My most recent fun job was helping a Hyundai Genesis R-Spec with some issues.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Look at all you with your fancy jobs. I wish mine was fancy, I just have people telling me how cops in California are Satan worshippers

I cook. Sometimes I'll have 12+ hour days but recently I've been getting 5 hour days (about 30 hrs in a week)

And my schedule isn't always the same and the boss puts it up at sunday night so there's not much of a chance in actually planning anything for the next week.....

And the place where I work can get pretty busy too, they have two dishwashers on sun/sat and they also do banquets.

I teach Pre-Calculus and AP Calculus BC in a Chinese high school. The kids all want to go to college in the US so their English is really very good and they have a good mind for math (in b4 racist jokes). It's pretty great right now.

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

You're going to tell me you're teaching Calculus to 7th graders and I'm going to cry because my dumbass still struggles with that stuff.

I'm am now officially an associate at a private equity firm.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Blog Entries

I make hand made 100% all natural bar shampoo. It's made from an old New England recipe that we've tweaked a little. I mix, pour, cut and wrap it. J.R. LIGGETT: Old-Fashioned Natural Bar Shampoo and Body Care Products

Blog Entries

I -used- to be an Educational Assistant (fancy-shmancy word for Teacher's Aid) in the ESL department at an Elementary School. I got the job because of my older sister who'd been at the school for like 12 yrs already - she started off teaching 1st grade, then fell in love with her ESL kids and switched over. It was a fun job. I was pretty much a teacher, just without the college degree. I made my own lesson plans for my individual groups and got to teach them pretty much whatever I wanted during regular teaching hours. And then for the "lower" kids / those who had problems getting homework done at night 'cuz Mom & Dad barely spoke English or couldn't be bothered to try helping them, I'd have a homework help group in the afternoons before classes got out so that they'd have it the next day for their teachers.

And now, for the last 6 years or so, I've been a server. Sure walking out with cash at the end of the night is tops as opposed to living paycheck to paycheck, but it makes it waaaay harder to save & budget money. It started off as just a 2nd job, but after I lost my school job, it became a full-time thing. I'm good at what I do.. Actually, I'm really good at it. I've just gotten burned out doing it and I absolutely -loathe- the job now.

Since I've moved back to TN from TX, my TN liquor license has expired (it's required to have one if you work in a restaurant that serves alcohol), and it's pretty expensive to get - a mandatory 6 hr class and a total of around $70 not including gas to get to the TABC office in downtown Nashville. I have no desire to get back into the job field, even with living in Clarksville. Because of Ft. Campbell Army base, it's not an economically dead area like where I used to live is... I could probably make bank, but I just... No. I'm done. For every 1 or 2 great table/group of guests, there's about 50 horrible ones.

Anywho. I'm not working right now, but I'm looking for a job... Fingers crossed that I land an interview at the liquor store down the street. It seems like a really laid back place - there's not much of a dress code, the few girls that work there are really sweet, yadda yadda yadda.

FFXIV Character

Kalen Isis (Sargatanas)

Spent a few months getting an EMT license and then decided that being on an ambulance would probably stress me out too much. I work as an ER tech though, so I get to see lots of interesting things. Don't stick heroine in your penis if you want to keep it! <3
    Boo!

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I work for a sports photography company on weekends and as a biology TA for elementary school during the week. I enjoy both very much, the hours are just terrible because I always have to wake up early.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I uh I guess I'm a freelance journalist now that I'm getting paid gigs

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

I make the bulk of my money doing logistics (aka moving things from point A to point B) and a smaller portion of my money writing books. I would like to flip those ratios at some point in the future.

I actually enjoy my logistics job for the most part.

A few years back I made probably close to $1000 doing art commissions and that was a neat experience although it's much more stressful than it might look on the outset. Also my art skills are pretty miniscule and I've no idea why people wanted to pay me for doing it but hey, I wasn't about to complain at peoples' poor taste