Thread: Werk werk.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Default Werk werk.

large.jpg

I work a lot now. My hours make it hard for me to do much. I work in a call center. I answer phone calls all day. Sometimes people think i'm a robot because my phone voice is just THAT perfect. I am not the biggest fan. If you've worked in a call center than you'll know it's mentally taxing.

A lot of us are adults now with big boy and big girl jobs. What do you do?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I work in elderly care these days. A lot of my responsibility is to assist with toileting, dressing, and hygiene. I also help do housework, prepare meals, and just over all keep company to my clients. I like it well enough, but I work really wonky hours. I will work 1-3 hour shifts, but have 3 or 4 shifts a day. It's kind of exhausting in its own unique way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I am an administrative assistant, although I'm just sortof everyone's general assistant at the place I'm at now.

I miss being an assistant to a single person or team of people. It's much more rewarding to be an extension of someone's day planner than to be a general office bitch.

i write code for a company, and also occasionally provide technical support.

that's all the information you're getting out of me

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

I work for the gov't, managing the country's debt. :3

Essentially, call centre work, chasing up companies who don't pay their taxes.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Shauna View Post
    I work for the gov't, managing the country's debt. :3
    I do the opposite of this. I work for a charity and manage the country's debt in an altogether different way.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

My job is to ensure that as many as possible get liver diseases and diabetes. I work at a soft drink factory and beer brewery. It is a terribly boring job and there is no future in it because they are going to reduce the work force by a lot in 2015, but until then, it's pretty decent money. I'll stay until I find something better.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

I work in what's effectively a call center too, dealing with calls, webchats, tickets and e-mails from gamers and confused parents.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I work as an Assistant Editor for a company that does shows for HGTV. The biggest show they work on is House Hunters International. My actual job is a freelancer. I bounce around to different networks going on contract agreements based on the show's season end date. I could probably get staff here as it's a smaller company, but I'm already on hold at MTV2 for November, so I'll most likely be going back to MTV Networks in the Fall.

Another one of my jobs is a Freelance Video Editor. I work on music videos and I also produce independent films. AND I am a Sound Designer, but I've only gotten paid for it once so I don't consider that my profession. I mostly do that as a favor for friends. I dabble in pretty much anything creative and related to video or new media. I even got paid for web design at one point.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

My mom loves the trout out of House Hunters International. She spent like five hours watching it online yesterday.

Shiny has the job I want ;-;

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Man Shiny you seem to have a pretty fancy skill-set. Kind of jelly

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I get bored easily, so I like to have multiple skills. If I get bored with one place, or job I can go on to another. My brother has the same problem with getting bored with jobs. He's been through more than fifteen jobs and he's only twenty-seven.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Having multiple skills is one thing. Being good enough to work professionally with all those multiple skills is a lot more impressive . At least in the line of work you seem to be in.

The Nerd Who Knows Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm a United States Marin, trained to be a helicopter mechanic. So, I'm a helicopter mechanic. I fix helicopters. Except that I don't anymore. Now I am in North Carolina, soon to be an instructor educating the next generation of helicopter mechanics within the USMC.

<PaperStar> live fast, die young, bad plefs do it well

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I'm a pharmacy technician at a big box retailer. Got the job because I handled myself well with difficult customers at the return desk. I really miss the return desk because I had so many more funny stories of customers throwing tantrums or having weird returns. Now I still get tantrums but I feel like a bad person laughing about it after because they're seriously ill. I get paid a lot more though. That's pretty nice.

My favorite part is I used to occasionally have customers point at me while I'm dealing with a difficult customer and say to their kids "go to college or you'll end up like her." Now customers ask me what I majored in during college to get my job and I'm like "I'm a computer science drop out. School is for suckers." Actually it's just not that hard to become a tech at a retail pharmacy. You don't need prior education or training, you just have someone willing to hire you, then you get to pee in a cup and do finger prints and you learn on the job.
    Last edited by Jessweeee♪; 09-24-2013 at 01:15 AM.