Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

You're not missing anything.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

So episode 2 sucks, huh? I may as well wait to watch it once a good episode comes along to go with the bad one. Maybe Ep 3 will get the show into gear. I don't think I've ever been sold off on any of Joss' shows until mid season, so I'm not surprised it has a weak start.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rostum View Post
    Is it just me, or can no one find the second episode on torrent sites?
    I found it on The Pirate Bay pretty easily. o_O

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernChaosGod View Post
    Strange that I couldn't... Anyways I did end up finding it elsewhere. Wasn't that bad, but wasn't anything great. I enjoy it for its light-heartedness among the few heavy shows I've been watching recently.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

I'll give it the rest of the season, but I'm not super impressed so far. It's not terrible, but there's a lot of room for improvement.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I watched the pilot episode and enjoyed it, but sadly I missed episode two because of my sleep schedule. I looked up the Nick Fury cameo on YouTube though. Hilarious! Didn't think any of the bigger movie stars would make an appearance, especially this soon. Hopeful that at some point some of the other big names also make cameos in the future.

A lot of bigger movie stars just won't do TV. I don't know much about how it all works, but I'd imagine they have to pay them a fortune even for a small cameo, or they'd have to accept a pay cut for TV, which nobody wants to work for less money.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Elskidor View Post
    A lot of bigger movie stars just won't do TV. I don't know much about how it all works, but I'd imagine they have to pay them a fortune even for a small cameo, or they'd have to accept a pay cut for TV, which nobody wants to work for less money.
    There are some actors out there who will take a pay cut or even do work for free because they love a show, movie, or whatever that they're involved in. It's not a super common thing mind you, but it does happen. But if they were to have to pay them their going rate I doubt we'll see people like Robert Downey Jr. showing up. Part of me wonders if Samuel Jackson did it just for fun since I'd imagine he's not cheap.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I feel like I was promised super heroes, and I'm not seeing any super heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    There are some actors out there who will take a pay cut or even do work for free because they love a show, movie, or whatever that they're involved in. It's not a super common thing mind you, but it does happen. But if they were to have to pay them their going rate I doubt we'll see people like Robert Downey Jr. showing up. Part of me wonders if Samuel Jackson did it just for fun since I'd imagine he's not cheap.
    The most likely thing, for anyone of that level who is appearing, is that whatever they end up in here (one episode, repeated cameos, etc) is written in to their larger, ultra-rich contract for the Avengers movie franchise. For instance, a deal to pay a thousand solid gold skulls to Samuel L Jackson to appear in 5 Avengers movies or whatever would also include the requirement to show up for X parts of this TV show.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernChaosGod View Post
    Strange that I couldn't... Anyways I did end up finding it elsewhere. Wasn't that bad, but wasn't anything great. I enjoy it for its light-heartedness among the few heavy shows I've been watching recently.
    Use "Marvels" as your key word. Took me a couple tries to figure it out too.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Anyone catch the last episode? I about forgot it was on (asides from NCIS I'm not used to things being on Tuesday), I thought it was good.

Quote Originally Posted by ToriJ View Post
    Anyone catch the last episode? I about forgot it was on (asides from NCIS I'm not used to things being on Tuesday), I thought it was good.
    It was pretty decent, certainly better than episode 2. Although I'm curious that the bad guy actually seemed to have gotten away, especially since he knows Sky is working for S.H.I.E.L.D. and could communicate that to the Rising Tide.

Quote Originally Posted by Elskidor View Post
    So episode 2 sucks, huh? I may as well wait to watch it once a good episode comes along to go with the bad one. Maybe Ep 3 will get the show into gear. I don't think I've ever been sold off on any of Joss' shows until mid season, so I'm not surprised it has a weak start.
    It didn't suck, exactly. It was just...boring. You knew every single thing that was going to happen in the episode long before it actually happened. It was completely cliché and predictable. The plot was what really failed that episode.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Yeah, usually they just kill the bad guy and remove any further story ideas you could have had with them. I always found that ironic because Stan Lee was always a believer in never killing a good villain.

I really, really, really want to like this show. I'm not a huge Marvel fan, but I love adventure/sci-fi shows of this nature. It's just really boring so far though. :\

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."