Thread: What's my age again... again!

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

I think the most grownup thing I do is balance a budget. Ever since getting YNAB a while back I go complete grognard over my budget. Being able to access it on my phone is great 10/10

FFXIV Character

Raine Zenyphael (Sargatanas)

I feel younger than I am, also because most people think I look like 16..When I compare myself to other 21-year-olds I often think "why am I not grown up like them?" But that's mostly for the looks. Inside, I feel..well..I can't really say. And I don't care. Because just the thought of getting older, of having already 1/4 (at least!) of my life past me..it makes me panic. Sometimes I feel like running out of time, though I can't even say what I want to achieve. I just want to live -more- . Guess that means I feel older than I am though.
    ~ Have no fear, dungeon hero X is here! Kupo! ~

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

As someone who has been described as a cranky old man since I was about 15, yes, sometimes I feel old.

Other times, I still don't feel like a full "adult," and I'm still occasionally caught off guard by the number of acquaintances I have that are married and have kids.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This thread reminds me of the discussion I had with my house mate Jenny the other week as I said to her, I don't know how to feel. I mean I'm 28... 10 years ago I doubt I would've pictured living this long. Let's be honest, I had it rough and was on the verge of a very stupid mistake at 18 years of age. However, I survived and I'm not just a survivor, I'm alive and there's a major difference between the two. I've got these stories to tell, some are crazy, others weird, a few are enough to make a grown man cry and some are plainly horrific. And yet I'm still the same idiot who sits there with Psy on XBL making 'Your mom!' jokes.

I guess I swing wildly between being this irresponsible teenage brat to this guy who frankly is wise beyond my years. My youthful exuberance and sheer stubborn refusal to both show or share my negative thoughts or feelings makes me appear more youthful than I am and probably a lot more 2 dimensional and immature than I am too. Though I suspect the rather visible salting of grey hair might show that I'm not THAT young any more. Thankfully contrary to the popular claims of a certain person who has less hair than Bobby Charlton I've not lost mine yet, a skin head would make me look daft these days (as I found out when I shaved my mohawk off while ago).

Perhaps one of the bigger changes is that I've all but dropped off the scope when it comes to games it must be said. I'm more interested in getting a holiday than an Xbox One or PS4 any time in the next year or even the next 2 years. I don't particularly miss it either. I mean not as much as I used to. I still enjoy games, still enjoy playing them but I can go weeks, even months without so much as giving my 360 a second glance.

Going forwards my hopes, dreams and aspirations are changing too. I want more from life, I'm taking no prisoners... as a very target orientated person, I want my goals regardless of how hard I have to push for them.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Nineteen. Nineteen. I feel so much older, though.

Blog Entries

I do not know where "young" ends and "old" begins, but I do know life is too short to leisurely enjoy everything I could list and then some, and that saddens me. ...Mostly because it involves me being more active than I would like.

i feel way older than i should.. I live like an old man but I am not all too old (I'm 27). I suppose being homeless and unemployed and working my way up to where i am now kind of did that to me though. Feel more experienced and humbled while still having a really nice steady cash flow. So yea i feel OLDER!!!!

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    I realised I am the youngest employee at my office of 30 or so people. That makes me feel young!
    I also found out yesterday that I'm the youngest. I am even younger than people below my position which may be odd, I dunno it depends. Some people decide to fall in to what I do later in life so it may not be that weird to find people in their late 20s and early 30s just starting.