Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lunch breaks!

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I usually take lunch around noon, but sometimes it runs later if I'm busy. If I take lunch later than 1:30pm or so, I get cranky because I need food in my belly.

I usually bring my own lunch and eat in our little dinette area with the door closed so no one bothers me, but I usually end up bothered anyway. If I go out and about, I will eat in my car parked around the corner in an abandoned shopping mall area to be alone. I am usually always on my phone/ipod and often times both.

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Like most of you there are some days when I want to be left alone and, more importantly, off the property for a little while, so I'll go get some fast food and eat it in my car while listening to the radio or looking at my phone. Mostly, though, I try to bring my lunch and eat in our office breakroom. Usually one or two others come in and we make small talk. After about half an hour I'm done so I'll run errands or go for a short walk somewhere.

Today, though, like five people came in to each lunch the same time as me and it did bother me a little. Lunch time is my time to deal with fewer of you at once! Why are you following meeeee?

Signature by rubah. I think.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

One hour long lunch breaks? smurfing snobs.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

EoFF's Laundry Goddess ~*~Celes~*~'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

I get a 30 minute lunch break. I'll either pack or buy something, eat, browse facebook, and get back to work after 30ish minutes. if someone I like to talk to is on lunch too, we'll chat

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I'm unemployed so my whole day is a lunch break and I do diddly squat.

Blog Entries

I thought you finally found one!

I usually live off coffee and cigarettes while at work. Lunch hours are flexible if you even use them. If not its counted as working time so i get to work over hours without spending extra time at work!^.^

But if i do take my lunch break ill head over to jim block and get a burger.
    The taste is great but the queues are insanely long. ><

Articles
    Blog Entries

One thing I don't like about working as a teacher (aside from, y'know, being a teacher) is that lunch breaks are at set times. Anyone who's someone at their jobs gets to make their own lunch times. The breaks I had at Chinese primary schools last for like two or three hour and everyone goes to have a nap.

When I was working at the magazine I'd usually just eat while working and leave like half an hour earlier when I felt like it. Don't feel like I need a break when it's something I like doing.
    This twenty-year-old boy was distinguished from childhood by strange qualities, a dreamer and an eccentric. A girl fell in love with him, and he went and sold her to a brothel...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    I leave at 12:30 every day. With an hour lunch, this breaks the day into halves. Others at my office who go out later tell me I am wrong for this leaves a shorter afternoon so less time 'til hometime. You get a longer morning though, suckers!
    You are so wrong. You struggle through until 1:30pm whee you can't go any longer without eating, then stuff your face. When you start work again you have merely 2.5-3 hours before you can go home. I'm usually less productive in the afternoon anyway as that is when my lack of sleep catches up with me, and combined with post-meal lethargy, it's hard not to fall asleep at my desk.

there was a picture here

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I get breaks usually every 2 hours. I have 2, 15 minute breaks a day, one in the morning, one in the afternoon. I get 30 minutes for my lunch break. I guess what I do depends on what shift I'm on. Usually if I'm on a late shift (i.e. working 4pm to midnight) I may go grab a sandwich from Tescos or something similar for dinner. On short breaks I tend to either grab a cup of tea or just chill at my desk for quarter of an hour usually playing a game on my phone or something.

Don't really bother with one - I generally snack at my desk and just leave half an hour early.

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Summoner of Leviathan View Post
    What are lunch breaks? O-o;
    Aren't you a chef?
    Cook, but yeah I don't get lunch breaks. Not because I work in the evenings or anything, but because that's how most kitchens are. The only "breaks" we get is for the washroom or if you smoke. I am legally allowed to have food and eat it at my station but even if anyone ever does that, we don't stop working. :/

*permanently smitten*
    A Vey Good Friend
    Blog Entries

Dancing Chocobo

My breaks are brief enough to eat a snack, read a chapter of a book or take a walk. Recently I've been forgoing my breaks because there is too much work to be done - but I should stop that rather than try to do everything myself, I suppose.