Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rise & Shine!

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Pink Grin Rise & Shine!

Are you a morning person, or are you grumpy in the morning? Do you wake up with or without an alarm clock? Do you jump out of bed 15 minutes before you have to be out the door? Tell me about your morning routine!

I wake up around 6.30-6.45 (depending on how many times I press the snooze button) and leave at 8.30 for work. I'm like a zombie in the morning, so I get up and plod around so that I feel alive by the time I leave for work.

The first thing I do every morning is have a shower. I can't function before my shower.

It has been known for me to turn off my alarm whilst half asleep and instantly fall asleep again. Then I'll wake up half an hour before I have to leave, resulting in panic and chaos.

I'm not really grumpy in the mornings, but I always feel soooo tired and sleepy. I never wake up feeling fully rested and ready for the day ahead. I usually just want to close my eyes and go back to sleep!

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm always grumpy, and often I don't even get up in the morning, so I really feel excluded by this thread.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I sleep until the last possible moment I have before waking up. But I am generally programmed to wake up around 8am.

I'm not grumpy in the mornings but I am very, very lazy, and it takes me a good long while to get energy flowing.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    I sleep until the last possible moment I have before waking up.
    Me and my family have done this for years. We get up at the last possible moment to not end up late for work/school/whatever every morning.

But once I am up I'm, I guess I don't want to say grumpy, but not happy may be a better term. I hate mornings and generally dislike people talking to me for the first hour or two after I get up unless it's either very important, or I really like them.

I was less pleasant in my teen years though. Threatening to kill my parents for speaking to me after I'd just woken up was a common occurrence.

Blog Entries

I used to wake up about an hour before having to be at work so I could make myself eat breakfast, take a shower, etc.

But then I got it timed perfectly so that I could be showered, dressed, and ready within 15 minutes - that includes getting my long ass hair mostly blow-dried and putting on makeup.

Doesn't mean I'm awake though.
    If I wake up on my own, I'm not a grouch, but I don't talk much either for a bit. But if someone other than my kid wakes me up before I'm ready to get up, I will kill them.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Usually 9:30 or 10:30am is my wake up time. I use to hate having to wake up at 6:30am for morning classes. I can function well waking up around 9 or 10am though.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

I wake up at 3am because my work shift starts at 4am. Once you get used to it it's not bad, although it's certainly not something I'd want to do for more than a few years.

Assuming I go to bed on time and sleep through the night I generally feel alright upon waking up

The Nerd Who Knows Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I get up at 5:40 am and let my dog outside to do his business. Take a shower, brush teeth and shave face. Feed and water my dog. Let dog inside. Get dressed. Sit around staring at computer and drinking my morning glass of water. Then I leave and am out the door at 6:15 am.

<PaperStar> live fast, die young, bad plefs do it well

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

I'm impressed that you can do all of that in 35 minutes, it takes me 45 just to eat breakfast.

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I'm also impressed. Sometimes it takes me that long to muster the energy to move from my bed to the shower.

The Nerd Who Knows Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World's Avatar
    Blog Entries

And that is me taking a long shower.
    If I wake up late I am up and out the door in 8 minutes flat. Shower, shave, brush teeth, feed dog, and gel hair real quick to make it look like I wasn't in a rush.

<PaperStar> live fast, die young, bad plefs do it well

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Pike View Post
    I'm impressed that you can do all of that in 35 minutes, it takes me 45 just to eat breakfast.
    Are you chasing around a pig to slaughter for your bacon? What are you eating that takes 45 minutes, silly!

Blog Entries

I...I think she chews her food.

I am not a morning person, though getting up is no problem; being cheery is the issue. On a work day, I wake up minutes before my alarm, wait for it to go off, kill it, stumble into a shower and brush my teeth in there, come out, drink a glass or two of water, mouthwash, and dress. If I have some free time, I sit around and read until I have to leave. From becoming conscious to arriving at work, this takes an hour. On my days off, pretty much the same, sans alarm and job.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I just don't do well with having my sleep interrupted. If only I could just wake up whenever, put in eight hours, then go home and repeat

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pike View Post
    Are you chasing around a pig to slaughter for your bacon? What are you eating that takes 45 minutes, silly!
    Seriously. Five minutes to cook a rare steak, five to eat. Done.