Thread: Zeboyd Games - Cosmic Star Heroine

Default Zeboyd Games - Cosmic Star Heroine

Perhaps some of you have played their previous games. They most recently made the last two Penny Arcade games (which were nothing like the first two Penny Arcade games, completely different style). They also made two "comedy" JRPGs prior to that. Their games have basically been increasing in quality in that time, and now they are going to make a game intended to rival the quality of Chrono Trigger, although obviously that's a very lofty goal:

Cosmic Star Heroine (Sci-Fi/Spy RPG) for PC/Mac/PS4/Vita by Zeboyd Games ? Kickstarter

Have you played their previous games? What did you like/dislike about them? Too traditional? Not traditional enough?

Also, I've never understood why there weren't more JRPGs released on the PC. Seems like the market must be there.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

For some reason the video doesn't work for me. Too bad, I love me some Chrono Trigger and this looks pretty rad.

What is the best of their other games? I'll take a look.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    For some reason the video doesn't work for me. Too bad, I love me some Chrono Trigger and this looks pretty rad.

What is the best of their other games? I'll take a look.
    It depends, the 4th one (the 4th Penny Arcade game) is the best mechanically and graphically, but it has all the PA "lore" so if you don't like that, probably Cthulhu Saves The World, which is a lot like a late-NES/very early SNES RPG.