Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Gravity

:monster:

There's still no way even a great home theatre setup can compare seeing a film like this in a proper IMAX 3D theatre.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Just got back from seeing it. Absolutely fantastic film, and absolutely fantastic acting from Sandra Bullock. It's gorgeously horrifying.

It's the first I've ever seen that uses 3D as an artistic tool and not just a gimmick. This movie was made to be seen on the big screen, in 3D, and it wouldn't be the same experience without it. Anyone who goes to see this movie, SEE IT IN 3D! It really was made to be viewed that way. I remember one scene was so well done with the 3D I actually flinched when the stuff came flying toward me.

It completely deserves all the praise it's getting, and Sandra Bullock deserves any awards she wins for it. Bravo.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Yeah, this movie blew my tits off. Saw it in IMAX 3D and my god it was incredible. Aside from the special effects, I love how the movie was basically a self-contained thing. There were no lame, unnecessary flashbacks to their lives on Earth, and nothing unnecessary before or after the action of the film. I usually dislike Sandra Bullock but she did a great job here. I'd recommend it to anyone, though seeing it in theatres is a must.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Quote Originally Posted by I Took the Red Pill View Post
    Saw it in IMAX 3D
    oh man I am so jealous. We don't have an IMAX anywhere around here or I'd definitely have done that.

Quote Originally Posted by DMKA View Post
    I remember one scene was so well done with the 3D I actually flinched when the stuff came flying toward me.
    That freaking scene. I kept blinking anytime things flew toward me.

Is it just good because of the 3D special effects, or does the story kick ass too? The trailer did nothing for me.

Articles
    Blog Entries

It was incredible. Bullock was excellent, script was excellent, visuals were excellent, very emotionally powerful. It's deserving of its acclaim.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by Elskidor View Post
    Is it just good because of the 3D special effects, or does the story kick ass too? The trailer did nothing for me.
    The whole thing is fantastic. The story is simple but absolutely gratifying.

The trailer doesn't give you a very good idea of what the movie is. It kind of just lets you know how the movie opens.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Just got back from it. This is easily one of the best space movies I've ever seen (second only to 2001, maybe) and easily one of the best movies I've seen. Absolutely everything was so amazingly well done. I expected it to be good, but it absolutely floored me.

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

I did not expect to read the things I'm reading in this thread about this movie. Jasmin and I are not in the least bit interested in seeing this movie. I'm going to cheat and read the plot on Wikipedia and maybe that will change my mind. The trailers just did not do it for me.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I can say right now that reading a plot summary will not do it justice at all.

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

Usually someone posts the full summary of things on Wikipedia.

I am now interested in the movie, but will still probably wait until it's out on blu-ray to watch it.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Oh, I know the plot summary on Wikipedia will probably summarize all of the events which happen in the movie, but it won't do it justice. It'd be like reading the plot summary to 2001, or Inception or something. Sure it will tell you what happened, but it loses everything that makes watching it worthwhile in the first place.

Now that was smurfing intense. Special effects were so realistic I have no idea how they made it at all. Is it all CGI or something? I just have no idea. The 3D was excellent, it really immerses you so I dont think waiting for it to come out on blu-ray will have the same effect. Really interesting from the beginning to the end. Never got boring. The beginning shot went uncut for like 30 minutes! It was beautiful camerawork.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Quote Originally Posted by CimminyCricket View Post
    I did not expect to read the things I'm reading in this thread about this movie. Jasmin and I are not in the least bit interested in seeing this movie. I'm going to cheat and read the plot on Wikipedia and maybe that will change my mind. The trailers just did not do it for me.
    Reading the plot probably won't change your mind because this movie isn't about plot. It's more about... a moment, or an experience. It's an art piece more than a film. An art piece that will, however, keep you riveted the entire time.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Take Jasmin and go and see this movie. You will not regret it.