Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lost and found

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Default Lost and found

When I was a kid and Ocarina of Time was my religion, I bought my first and last strategy guide. It was like a treasure to me. One day it was just gone and I could never find it again. To this day, it hurts my heart and I hope my mum will one day find it and call me so I can get some closure.

Do you lose items to the void often? What's your most missed item that you lost?

relevant

Xd0sg.jpg

*permanently smitten*
    A Vey Good Friend
    Blog Entries

Dancing Chocobo

Not lost, exactly, but I let my mother sell almost all of my jewellery when she needed money. I wish I had saved a carved pendant that was blessed by my grandfather and attached with a cord crocheted by my grandmother. I'm not confident that I would have been successful if I tried to stop her, but I should have made the attempt. I doubt she got more than ten dollars for it.

Articles

Every day I manage to lose my keys. Every day they are hidden in the oddest places.

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

My Ash Ketchum hat from when I was a kid. I've been looking for it for about 10 or so years now, and have been unsuccessful. I'll probably look in my parents' house periodically for the next couple of years until I give up. For now, I still hope that it will pop up somewhere.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I lose many things, all the time, because I am a terrible and forgetful person. I can't even remember what it is I've lost.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    I lose many things, all the time, because I am a terrible and forgetful person. I can't even remember what it is I've lost.
    At least that would lessen the pain.

I don't lose much, but I have learned I lost the manual to Ogre Battle 64 which I had a complete copy of. I normally wouldn't care, but I'm selling it to someone and that's like losing $40.

Blog Entries

I lost a Mason pin my dad gave me. I feel terrible about it, but I assume it's in their truck somewhere.

And my old Care Bears blanket. I have no idea where it is.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Recently lost my phone on Venice beach and it seems location apps don't matter when your phone is buried some where in the sand. Then when I got off the plane I lost my wallet and purse on the train. I got everything back except from some jewlery (I had a watch in my purse that was over $80 ) and $10 I had in there so that sucked.

For some reason i keep losing usb flash drives... im using them mostly for my Notebook and netbook. But once i really need them i cant seem to find them. So from my the 7 flash drives i once bought, only one remains. Oo

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

My problem is more that I forget if I've thrown something away, or if I've lost it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

There was a Mega Man 2 novel I had when I was a kid that just vanished. I am sure it got lost in an end of the year school locker clean out (I kept it at school for some goofing off reading). A few years ago I found a copy on eBay for a couple of dollars. The book is cheesy, but I was whole again.

I recently had probably my only good experience with lost and found. I left my phone in a taxi, and for some miraculous reason, it was the ONE AND ONLY time, since being in this city for 1.5 years, that I asked the driver for a receipt. With the receipt I was able to call the dispatch, they contacted the driver, and he delivered the phone right to where I lived. Wouldn't even accept any money for the good deed.

On the bad side of things, I tend to lose my favorite hoodie every year. Then I have to buy a new one, fully knowing that it will be gone by the end of the year. Most recent casualty was a charcoal grey Gap zip-up. God I miss that hoodie.

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Bierhumpen_Kukki View Post
    For some reason i keep losing usb flash drives... im using them mostly for my Notebook and netbook. But once i really need them i cant seem to find them. So from my the 7 flash drives i once bought, only one remains. Oo
    I wash my flashdrives in the washing machine all the time. Because I just stick them in my pockets and go.

In the fifth grade I lost a turquoise ring my grandmother had given me. Sucks. Other than that I don't think I've ever lost anything really important. And I hope I never do.

Signature by rubah. I think.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

My Griever necklace

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I haven't lost anything of great importance, as far as I'm concerned. If I have lost something, I must've forgotten about it.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.