Thread: Final Fantasy VI Coming to iOS and Android

Default Final Fantasy VI Coming to iOS and Android

Our favorite classic Final Fantasy is finally getting it's remake for iOS and Android phones and tablets, following the recent spree of remakes and ports to these devices.

Announced by Square Enix Director and Producer Takashi Tokita, the game won't be a straight port.
    "It is basically like a remake of the original VI" Tokita announced at the end of his presentation on Final Fantasy V on mobile devices. "But there have been some enhancements."

We can expect the battle systems to be altered for ease of use on mobile devices. However, Tokita was quoted saying "The battle systems have been altered from the other Final Fantasy mobile releases, and VI will be the same. For instance, grinding was an issue and people had to spend a lot of time leveling up. Now on the mobile devices, the battle systems have been adjusted so you don't have to fight as much, and can enjoy the game for what it is."

What does that mean? Easier experience? All party members gaining levels when not in the party? Who knows....

The graphics will be enhanced, akin to the release of Final Fantasy V.

"The legacy series won't end with VI" Tokita said "We are aware we have tons of VII fans, We have VII fans in our own company. If this Legacy project works out well, we would like to one day be able to work with VII."

Does this mean a possible release of the long awaited VII remake? Only time will tell. I for one am just ecstatic hearing the news of my favorite Final Fantasy getting a remake after waiting for many years.

Source: Final Fantasy VI Is Coming To iOS and Android, VII Could Follow
    Last edited by Night Fury; 10-15-2013 at 12:37 PM.

That's kinda cool. It's not the full blown remake I'd have nerdgasms over, but it's something to look forward to. Was grinding ever really an issue though? I'm looking forward to seeing seeing what it will look like for sure!

These iOS remakes really rub me the wrong way. I think V looks really ugly on it, and I don't understand why platforms like the 3DS and Vita don't have a higher priority for these remakes than iOS. I guess it just costs Square less money than developing a remake for the 3DS, and they know people will buy it. I'd much prefer 3DS remakes that are a continuation of the kind of thing they did with FFIII and FFIV on the original DS. Can't say I'm interested in this version.

Quote Originally Posted by Elskidor View Post
    That's kinda cool. It's not the full blown remake I'd have nerdgasms over, but it's something to look forward to. Was grinding ever really an issue though? I'm looking forward to seeing seeing what it will look like for sure!
    Personally, the only time I was grinding was to get abilities from espers by grinding cactuars. I'm interested to see if this "less grinding" thing will change up the esper system in some way, because just giving the characters more EXP doesn't some like it would change much.

Also, Sabin's blitzes seem like they would be really awkward on a touch screen.
    Last edited by SirPrizes; 10-14-2013 at 04:56 PM.
    http://home.eyesonff.com/user/signature/sigpic39432_1.gif

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Don't like the sounds of this. The V iOS release is hideous and has none of the charm of the original visually. And they want to reduce grinding in what is probably the easiest FF title ever made? What will they do? Make you level up to 99 by the time you get to Figaro?

This doesn't sound like something I'll waste energy looking forward to.

Hideous remake, imo, is still better than no remake at all!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I prefer the FFV iOS art style to the one they gave FFIV:CC.

Man, I just looked at the iOS stuff from FFV and uhhhh..hate it. Is this FFVI remake thing actually going to be a downgrade? That's some pretty crappy news. Was there a new CGI for FFV maybe? FFIV's new intro from 2008 is beautiful, and loved what they did with enhancing the looks, so I was really looking forward to something even better with VI, being that it's been over five years since IV's remake.

red headed monkey dude sir helix's Avatar

Releasing games like this on iOS/android format just bothers me, god forbid you lose your iTunes acc then you not only lose your game data but your game, what ever happened to hard copy's of trout, I enjoyed the ds remakes of 3 & 4. How bout eds remakes if 5/6 instead of prettied up easy versions for the idiotphones....rant done

Boo ! Boo ! Boo ! Boo ! Boo !

BOO TO THIS !

Should of been a 3DS remake or even Vita remake, or even PS3 remake.

BOO.

Ditto. Something is better than nothing though...I suppose..