Thread: Vanille becomes a Saint in Lightning Returns

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Default Vanille becomes a Saint in Lightning Returns

vanille2.jpg

Square Enix released several screenshots confirming Vanille is officially joining the cast of Lightning Returns. Not only that but they announced their "Outerworld system" which will allow you to post screenshots and share battle scores on social media as well as message your friends.

Several screenshots were also released of Lightnings outfits. Those outfits are Purple Moon, Holy Knight and Ranger.

Vanille has been rumored to be joining the cast for a bit now but with these screenshots she has been confirmed. It wasn't much of a surprise to anyone following LR. Along with the announcement, SE released a spoiler about her role in the game. If you don't want to be spoiled avoid the next paragraph after the image!
    vanille1.jpg

Vanille has been given a new name by the populace. Square Enix posted this about her role on their blog today:

For several centuries, Vanille and Fang slept in the crystal pillar which supported Cocoon. But a few years before the start of Lightning Returns, they woke up... When she awoke, Vanille realised she had obtained a special ability: to hear the dead. She became a saint for the people of Luxerion, under the constant protection of the Order.

What do you think about this new story for Vanille? Are you excited to have her back? It looks like while Lightning is getting tons of outfit changes, Vanille is still stuck in her same outfit. Would you like to see more characters in new original outfits as well?

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

I'm really getting curious as to how they're going to wrap all this up.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Genuinely annoyed at how SE are spoiling parts of the game for us. I'd rather be surprised by such things.

The game was spoiled before they made it =P

Blog Entries

I think it's awesome having powers to communicate and hear dead people... Does it? 0_0 I had to see what Vanille thinks.
    Anyway, as for the fashion and outfits, I think if all cast members of LR were to wear many outfits as much as Lightning, the game would become a fashionista based video game and not what it's intended to be, the final chapter of FFXIII, and it should not get distracted with high levels of fashion. And as the only playable character, Lightning should be the only one with numerous outfits.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Genuinely annoyed at how SE are spoiling parts of the game for us. I'd rather be surprised by such things.
    Yeah, me too. I feel like they're showing way too much of it, in way too many trailers, just like they did with XIII-2.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

all i care about is that stoopid thing on her head like are the bull horns or something
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

... This is... definitely going to be the weirdest FF-release yet. I just don't even know.

But after XIII-2, I think I'll actually want to see more bits of the main narrative before shelling out for it. Enough with the smurfing moogle village... Really.