Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    Also, does anyone here have a 3DS XL, and, if so, how does it compare to the original DS? Are the larger pixels noticeable, or do the games look pretty much just as good?
    Hux and I have XLs and it looks SUPER great, compared to the DS anyway. I haven't played a regular 3DS so I can't compare those.

Anyways yeah really fun game so far, enjoying it immensely!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Chespin is cute, Quillidin is ugly as smurf, and Chesnaut is just stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Blog Entries

People are currently working on figuring out the distribution of all the different Vivillon patterns:

(SPOILER)

GTS is being flooded with them right now because everyone's trying to get the pattern they want.

Oh, I calculated that beating the E4 with an Amulet Coin gives you $136,640 each run, which helps a lot when you're blowing all your money on clothes and such. If you beat them with a team of level 100 Pokemon using Pay Day, you can double that number if you have enough PP. That would be much more boring though.

And now I'm going back to trying to catch 'em all.
    Last edited by Tigmafuzz; 10-13-2013 at 03:38 PM.

Ok, how do the Vivillon patterns work? I thought that was the evolution of the bug from the first forest. Where you acquire it changes what it looks like? If so, that's a pretty cool feature, but, I agree, kind of hard to find a pattern you like.

I think I'd look for an EoFFer who lived where I wanted mine to trade it to me.

Also: WHERE THE FRELL IS HARD MODE?! Black 2 and White 2 had it, and it was awesome. But I've seen no sign of it for this game (not even a Key System, which is where B2/W2 got it), and the game really needs it. Especially since Super Training can get you a properly trained starter for the first time in the series (in very little time). It's too easy.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

dumb bitchingI'm ignoring all of this "My pokemon is better than your pokemon" bulltrout because all pokemon are cute and this game takes me back to being 14 and playing Red & Blue for the first time and thinking all pokemon were cute and you guys calling pokemon ugly are ruining it for me

All of those butterfly things are super super cute and I WANT THEM ALL

Also I wish I had rolled a guy character, I wasn't thinking and rolled a girl and Hux rolled a boy but I wish we'd swapped those.
    Last edited by Pike; 10-13-2013 at 03:14 PM.

Blog Entries

Where you acquire it changes what it looks like?
    It's based on your region settings.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

What happens if you move or something and change your region settings? (Can you do that? Just my second day with the 3DS.)

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I didn't know they change! I just evolved my vivillon.

So I have a froakie, charmander and torchic. I wanted to even it out an go with bulbasaur but I couldn't reject my old friend charmander.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pike View Post
    What happens if you move or something and change your region settings? (Can you do that? Just my second day with the 3DS.)
    Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż

I'm assuming it stays the way it was when you evolved it. Its pattern might actually be set based on your region settings when you catch Scatterbug/Spewpa.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pike View Post
    Also, does anyone here have a 3DS XL, and, if so, how does it compare to the original DS? Are the larger pixels noticeable, or do the games look pretty much just as good?
    Hux and I have XLs and it looks SUPER great, compared to the DS anyway. I haven't played a regular 3DS so I can't compare those.

Anyways yeah really fun game so far, enjoying it immensely!
    I have an original and the XL. The XL is worth it by far. Get one even if you have an original.

Also, I didn't have much time to play it so far, but yeah, I am in the camp where I feel Nintendo knocked it out of the park. Very much enjoying this game.

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I just bought Pokemon Y, even though both games were widely available. I guess I liked Yveltal a bit more than Xerneas.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

Is there no more Shaking Grass? Did anyone complain about that feature? It was a fun way to find rare Pokémon and, even if Audino were way too common in 90% of the game's routes, they were still one of the best Exp sources in the series.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

See I preordered way before they announced any differences and my choice was "well Y not?"

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

From what I've read, the only way to get another pattern is to trade or to start your game over. It seems that once you've started, even if you change your settings on your DS, it will still give you the same pattern.

We have Polar. It's really pretty! Ocean is gorgeous, though. IT'S A SUNSET.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.