Page 5 of 49 FirstFirst 12345678910111525 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon X&Y post-launch discussion thread - AKA Jinx is Upset

I think they missed an opportunity with Team Flare. Mega-Evolution should have been discovered by the villains. Think about it. It would make them more powerful and threatening story-wise (and give you tougher fights), much like Cipher controlling Shadow Pokémon. It could also set up a "hunt down the Seven Sages" type quest from Black/White where you track down certain high ranking members and win a boss battle against their team, culminating with a Mega-Pokémon, to claim their Mega-Evolution stones. Right now, Team Flare seems fairly forgettable. Hopefully they'll improve as the story goes along.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sephex View Post
    Man, you guys are WAY past me. Had a busy weekend. Then again, I play Pokemon games slooooooooooowly. Glad to see many of you are enjoying it too!
    My first run took about 12 hours, this time I'm playing normally and I got to the second gym around 7 hours.

And I've got my ocean pattern Vivillon

Quote Originally Posted by Tigmafuzz View Post
    Man, you guys are WAY past me. Had a busy weekend. Then again, I play Pokemon games slooooooooooowly. Glad to see many of you are enjoying it too!
    My first run took about 12 hours, this time I'm playing normally and I got to the second gym around 7 hours.

You already beat the game?!

Also, if you're taking a second run, did you delete your saves and Pokémon (instead of trading them to an EoFFer, especially the version exclusives), or did they finally add New Game+?
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

So I've pretty much played this all weekend long, yay.

I just completed the third gym, and my team consists of Delphox (Level 56), Aegislash (Level 41), Blaziken (Level 51), Venusaur (Level 43) and Geninja (Level 45). My 6th slot is a floating slot for training purposes.

I've not really hurt for money since getting access to the Chateau, cause I was grinding that a lot, I've got 300k right now xD. I'm also a Marquis (4th rank). I've also gotten all 30 training medals on 2 Pokemon, and maxed affection on them as well.

As others have said I thoroughly enjoy this game, it is by far my favourite of the series.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I haven't gotten too much further but this game has me addicted

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Dumb question: If you swap out SD cards can you start a new Pokemon file while keeping your first file on your first SD card?

So, I found a 'cheap' Ditto on the GTS, so now I can start breeding starters for people (All the Gen 1s, Fennekin and Froakie, and Chespin as soon as a Fennekin egg hateches). And my Delphox seems to love Ditto something fierce cause they've already popped out almost a dozen eggs.

Quote Originally Posted by Pike View Post
    Dumb question: If you swap out SD cards can you start a new Pokemon file while keeping your first file on your first SD card?
    And no, the game is saved onto the game card itself and not the SD card, so there's no way to have 2 files from teh same game without restarting and losing everything.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigmafuzz View Post

You already beat the game?!

Also, if you're taking a second run, did you delete your saves and Pokémon (instead of trading them to an EoFFer, especially the version exclusives), or did they finally add New Game+?
    The game doesn't take very long if you aren't playing normally, man.

And no, there's no New Game+ or even Challenge Mode. Clean save. I gave the version exclusives to Sa­rah, because she has Y.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

New dumb question: is there a way to get a charizard mega evolution stone if you didn't get the charmander from professor what's his name?

New dumb question: is there a way to get a charizard mega evolution stone if you didn't get the charmander from professor what's his name?
    1 million poke dollars from the dude who owns the Stone store in Lumiose. That may sound like a lot, but I've made near 400k just from grinding the Battle Chateau every couple of hours. Also, it may go down in price or something later, I dunno, I'm not much farther passed the third gym.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Got past the second Gym last night. Not sure if I am going to play today because I got the Wind Waker HD a week prior (which is a very good version aside from the obvious--long story short: the Swift Sail, more button mapping, and less time, faster animations, and less time spent messing with your inventory MASSIVELY improve the game). Maybe I'll play both at the same time?! NINTENDO GEAR?!?!

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Tasura View Post
    1 million poke dollars from the dude who owns the Stone store in Lumiose. That may sound like a lot, but I've made near 400k just from grinding the Battle Chateau every couple of hours. Also, it may go down in price or something later, I dunno, I'm not much farther passed the third gym.
    Good stuff, thanks bro.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Oh sweet Xerneas, you are stunning. And you are mine.

What exactly is "playing normally?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Blog Entries

You know, normally. The way people usually play RPGs. Not just breezing through the game. The difference between the storyline of Fallout 3 and spending 75 hours roaming the wasteland.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I've spent time roaming around and finding lots of goodies and what not, and I'm still going through the game fairly fast. I have something like 30 hours and I'm just got Xerneas, so I'm pretty sure I'm close to beating the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.