Page 7 of 49 FirstFirst 123456789101112131727 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon X&Y post-launch discussion thread - AKA Jinx is Upset

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    I think Mega Mewtwo Y looks good. Not just acceptable, but GOOD. And I don't like Mega Mewtwo X at all.
    Thank you!

I agree, Mega Mewtwo Y looks good. It's not perfect, but it looks like an evolution of Mewtwo should look. Smaller, weaker, less intimidating. Because it isn't a physical Pokémon, it destroys you with its mind. The only embellishments go to its head, which contains the brain that is going to end you in a few seconds.

Mega Mewtwo X just looks wrong. Bulkier and far more physical. It's everything Mewtwo isn't. And the lines of its "bulging muscles" on its hips and wrists just look stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolas View Post
    Mega Evolution is pretty useful depending on how you play. For example: My Charizard is normally a great Special Sweeper. When I use the Charizardite X, he gains roughly 20 to his Attack stat and becomes a better Physical Sweeper. So depending on how you set up your pokemon (I'm setting up a Lucario to be a Physical Sweeper thanks to the heavy Attack boost from Mega), it can benefit you greatly. For others, it can just mean a lovely new set of moves, abilities, and typing to take advantage of.
    Do the Mega-forms actually get new movesets?

What is crazy is that you get so many great and overpowered pokemon so early on in the game, mostly the Dragons. I can't wait to try out the Sylveon set up Eevees I'm going to be breeding. Also all the other ones I'm breeding for the other evolutions too.
    Actually, I just think the game is great for giving you so much variety period, good Pokémon or not. I mean, it seems that every Route has nearly a dozen different Pokémon on it, with very few being duplicates. When you have 50 Pokémon in your Pokédex and you've only left the second city, things are good.

There's so much to do in this game already, I'm wondering how much more is in the postgame.
    Let's hope there's a lot. Black and White were great about that.
    Last edited by Skyblade; 10-15-2013 at 08:52 PM.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

FFXIV Character

Viadana Solacaire (Sargatanas)

Essentially, Mega Evolutions are the temporary in-battle power-ups. They only bring about new Abilities and, for some, Typing. You keep the same moveset, so part of it is planning ahead on what roll you want for your Mega Evolved Pokemon since different stats are affected for each one. There are limitations in how many Pokemon you can Mega Evolve during the course of a battle. I believe it's only 1.

I do love the variety as well. It keeps so many options for a team wide open.

From what it looks like, a majority of the collection process begins after the whole Elite Four. I'm curious if the whole of Kalos is open before or after the Elite Four like Black/White's region was.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

All I really want is to learn Fly.

I've put about 30 hours into this game so far. I think it's the most I've put into any Pokemon game since Gold/Silver. I messed around with third gen but not to this extent, and I never played 4th/5th.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I usually clock around 120-150 hours on a Pokemon save before I've kind of done it all.

Anywhoooo, maybe I will have this game sooooon

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah I had more than a few hundred each in my first and second gen saves. Somewhere in the 400 range wouldn't surprise me. I can totally see this game being up there as well

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Apparently Inkay will only level up at 30+ when you play your 3DS upside down to a Malamar

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I heard that and now I want to level my Inkay again

The 3DS has to be rotated AS it's leveling, so if it isn't in battle and it levels from Exp.Share it could be hard to time.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

So whenever you finsih a fight to turn your 3ds upside down each time until the exp sharing is over

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I am about to take on the third Gym. I spent a portion of my free time yesterday playing Wind Waker HD, as I predicted. Still really enjoying this game. Something else I noticed last night is that this game has some amazing music. There have been some cool Pokemon jams before, and there are typical Pokemon structured songs, but there are other tracks that just sound downright magical like Route 10 and the Mirror Cave.

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

So yesterday I got a Haunter through Wonder Trade (which evolved into Gengar due to being traded). I thought I'd lucked out by that point, but then later on I also got Froakie (or whatever the water starter is called).

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Not sure if this was posted earlier, but I thought you guys might want to be warned about it: Potential Save-Destroying Bug Found in Pokemon X and Y | The Escapist

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I got Haunter in a cave!

Oh, btw, guys--when you beat the game, Shauna will trade you for whichever starter she had because her starter is a dirty slut in daycare.

Sephex--for some reason, my absolute favourite song is the song when you go in the connector buildings. It's so laid back or whatever.

and omg i am rolling in poke-yen
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

I will never not be confused when people mention Shauna in this thread.

Okay, not confused, excited that people are maybe talking about me.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm just trying to get Shauna and Serena into bed with me at the same time. Do you reckon if I get a Zygarde that would do it?