Page 22 of 49 FirstFirst ... 212161718192021222324252627283242 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon X&Y post-launch discussion thread - AKA Jinx is Upset

Quote Originally Posted by WildRaubtier View Post
    did you still want pokerus? i got a diseased froakie off the WT which i've since traded away again (for a charmander lol)

tropius is awesome
    I do indeed.

So far I've hatched two females. If you want them nicknamed, just let me know. Also, I'll need to find you online. I'm not sure I know everyone's in-game names yet. Just look for the guy with the stylish black hat and dark hair and you should find me.

EDIT: I'll be leaving for work in an hour or so (9:30 CST), and I'll be back around 4:30 CST. I'll try to stay hooked up most of tonight for anyone who wants to pick up a Tropius or two. On your in-game Friends List, my character should have a black hat with a white band around it, a black shirt, dark brown hair, blue eyes, and a grey button on the hat. Best way I can think of to point myself out. Offer to trade with me, and just toss up whatever. I'm not too picky. If anyone has Y, I'd welcome a female Skrelp or Spritzee (I can also offer Swirlix's for those). Otherwise, just offer whatever. These Tropius are here to help, I don't really care about what I get in exchange.

Also, if you want any of those specific moves on your Tropius before I trade it, just let me know. I have the TMs/HMs for all of the Field Moves Tropius can learn (it hatches with Sweet Scent), so I can outfit it with whatever.
    Last edited by Skyblade; 10-27-2013 at 03:28 PM.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by ShunNakamura View Post
    Hmm.. Manectric(Mega), Mightyena, Stoutland, Granbull, and Arcanine all have Intimidate access. If only there was one more Dog with Intimidate! That would be an Intimidating party! I know. . . that was horrible!
    Houndoom has Unnerve as its Hidden Ability, that's close?

A Tropius would be great, and as far as outfitting it with moves, Pokemon with HM moves can't be traded. I've got a fair amount of things from WTs and FSZs that I could offer, but we'll see when the time comes.

Prinny God Recognized Member Endless's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

1812c860-3f29-11e3-8978-068eb59b5b51.jpeg

Right before going to fight (and beat) the Elite 4.

On that note, if you have beaten the E4, make sure you get the game synced with pokemon-gl (and make sure you do get it set up to sync if you haven't already) so it unlocks more Friend Safari Zone pokemons for your friends.

And then there is Death

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I beat the main quest today. Still feeling great about this game! Not really sure how much extra stuff I will do, but either way I had lots of fun!

I am just about to battle the fourth gym leader and I have gone a bit overboard on the whole leveling thing, I guess.

My party consists of:
    Sylveon - Level 45
    Greninja - Level 46
    Lucario - Level 36
    Tyrantrum - Level 39
    Honedge - Level 22

Other Stats:
    Badges: 3
    Pokedex: 178
    Time: 23:41

And an as of yet unclaimed spot. I might switch out the Tyrantrum now that he is evolved, but I am kind of digging his look. I caught another Honedge since the one I had was from WT and was beginning to get a little too out of control. Her main function will be to catch Pokemon with False Swipe, but I'm actually pretty sold on her overall.

Enjoying the game immensely so far.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I just beat the Eighth Gym and my party is as follows:

Guillaume (Sliggoo) - Level 40
    Honorine (Pyroar) - Level 58
    Hortense (Steelix) - Level 70
    Chevalle (Sigilyph) - Level 72
    Archard (Machamp) - Level 73
    De Gualle (Chesnaught) - Level 73

Badges - 8
    Dex - 303
    Time - 55:41

My four mains are absurdly powerful. I've yet to meet something one or more of them can't wreck. Also Archard is equipped with a Metronome and has Power-Up Punch, so if I just use that one move by the time he's on the third or fourth consecutive use he will one-shot things he is not very effective against. It's glorious.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I've defeated the Elite 4, so now I'm just trying to Catch em all or something

My main team is

Charizard - lvl 71
    Aurorus - lvl 75
    Greninja - lvl 68
    Xerneas - lvl 60
    Lucario - lvl 60
    Altaria - lvl 58

Also, story related question: (SPOILER)why does nobody seem to question that there is a man the size of a giant just wandering around?

Finally ready to take on the Fairy Gym. Ugh, catching a female Carnivine and Barboach took so long. I hate the skewed gender ratios on some Pokémon (although Barboach was mostly just really rare in general). Also, at some point I'll need to go back and catch all the Pokémon again to get them in Luxury Balls. I love Luxury Balls. They're the only long-term use ball, and they're to coolest looking. When I found out any Pokémon I bred would wind up in them if the parent was caught in them, I knew I had to use them for everything. Sure, they're expensive, but money really isn't a problem for a Grand Duke.

My team is constantly shifting and updating between three or four teams (a first for the series, usually I am extremely set on a single team). I'm planning to go in with:

Greninja, Level 100 (he carries my Amulet Coin, and will be swapped out without fighting)
    Gengar, Level 54
    Ampharos, Level 37
    Blaziken, Level 48
    Charizard, Level 37 (with Charizardite X, rather than my more preferred Charizard, who is carrying a Charizardite Y)
    Absol, Level 75

I'd just like to share Greninja's stats here briefly:
    HP: 259
    Attack: 215
    Defense: 139
    Sp. Atk: 332
    Sp. Def: 167
    Speed: 331

Look at that Speed and Sp. Atk! For so long, he was rushing with the two neck-and-neck. Sp. Atk would pull ahead by a point, and then Speed would catch back up. I honestly wasn't sure if they would wind up equal or not. But as he got closer to 100, Speed fell behind by two points at one level, and I realized that it would probably wind up this way.

Pokémon who didn't make the cut for my current team:
    Salamence, Level 53
    Meowstic, Level 36 (you're awesome, but you're fully evolved and can't Mega Evolve)
    Chesnaught, Level 37
    Delphox, Level 40
    Mawile, Level 83 (my False Swiper, way too powerful)
    Lucario, Level 32 (from Korrina, my Physical Lucario)
    Lucario, Level 45 (caught as Riolu, Sp. Att based sweeper with Aura Sphere)
    Aerodactyl, Level 49
    Gardevoir, Level 44
    Kangaskhan, Level 44
    Venusaur, Level 40
    Blastoise, Level 40
    Charizard, Level 47 (Charizardite Y carrier)
    Smeargle, Level 30 (setting him up as a Baton Passer with Quiver Dance, Coil, and Double Team, but he's not ready yet)

I use all of these guys at some point or another, and I love them all. Further, I just caught a ton of Eevee, so I'll be able to pick up my absolute favorite Espeon shortly.

I love the availability and variety of Pokémon in this game. There are still tons more I would love to use, and I probably will set up daily teams once I hit post-game to just go through and have a blast with all the Pokémon.

Oh, and lest I forget, my HM Slaves:
    Tropius, Level 27
    -Fly
    -Flash
    -Rock Smash
    -Sweet Scent

Bibarel, level 70
    -Cut
    -Strength
    -Surf
    -Superpower (no Waterfall yet, but that will go here)

Again, if you want a Tropius, let me know. And even if I can't trade HM moves, I can trade one with Flash, Rock Smash, and Sweet Scent.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

So an update stat/team wise.

Time: 135:24
    Pokedex: 547 (I just need Articuno and my Kalos Dex will be complete)

Delphox (100)
    Aegislash (85)
    Charizard (92)
    Venusaur (81)
    Greninja (90)
    Hydreigon (64) The newest and final member of my full team, he will however be subbed out when I get a Pokemon I need to evolve.

And as for what I need to do now, just grind Battle Maison until I get enough BP for the Electabuzz and Magmar evolution items.

Again, if you want a Tropius, let me know. And even if I can't trade HM moves, I can trade one with Flash, Rock Smash, and Sweet Scent.
    I would take a Tropius if they are being offered.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Thanks to the power of Exp Share, Pokemon Amie XP boost, O-Power XP boosts and so forth I have a team of ten readily interchangeable Pokemon who I just swap out as needed. In the list are:

Xerneas Lv. 56
    Talonflame Lv. 56
    Malamar Lv. 57
    Ampharos Lv. 57
    Alakazam Lv. 57
    Lucario Lv. 58
    Blastoise Lv. 59
    Tyrantrum Lv. 59
    Chesnaught Lv. 59
    Charizard Lv. 60

It's tough to pick a personal favorite from my group but I might have to give it to Ampharos, who aside from being my Poke-bro since gen 2, is absoultely ~fabulous~ in mega form.

Anyways, just about ready to take on the eighth gym.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Where did you find Ampharos! I want Ampharos.

I want a female Ampharos. I want to name her Ewe La La because of the Mega Evolution!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    Where did you find Ampharos! I want Ampharos.

I want a female Ampharos. I want to name her Ewe La La because of the Mega Evolution!
    You can catch Mareeps on Route 12 from Hordes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    I would take a Tropius if they are being offered.
    You friended me, right? My system is online now, so just find me and offer to trade something. Still wearing the black hat and clothes.

Oh, yes. Mareep is Horde-only. So Sweet Scent is your best friend for getting your Ampharos. Pick up a Tropius! They come with it.
    Last edited by Skyblade; 10-28-2013 at 08:35 PM.