Page 16 of 49 FirstFirst ... 6101112131415161718192021222636 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon X&Y post-launch discussion thread - AKA Jinx is Upset

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Damn, how much money you got, Locky? It's like 100k an article of clothing in the store at Lumiose. I've got next to a million and I still won't shop there!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    Damn, how much money you got, Locky? It's like 100k an article of clothing in the store at Lumiose. I've got next to a million and I still won't shop there!
    As your style points increase, the prices decrease. This also includes the prices at the Stone Emporium, if I heard correctly, as well as the other shops/emporiums throughout the city.

I am currently only a Marquis. I actually heard that it's possible to reach Grand Duke, above Duke. But, since Duke is apparently the rank at which the Elite Four start visiting (while Marquis is the rank at which the Gym Leaders start visiting), I suppose it is quite possible that I need to beat the Elite Four before I can become a Duke.

Serebii's Page. Note the very bottom. Grand Duke, booyah.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    As your style points increase, the prices decrease. This also includes the prices at the Stone Emporium, if I heard correctly, as well as the other shops/emporiums throughout the city.

I am currently only a Marquis. I actually heard that it's possible to reach Grand Duke, above Duke. But, since Duke is apparently the rank at which the Elite Four start visiting (while Marquis is the rank at which the Gym Leaders start visiting), I suppose it is quite possible that I need to beat the Elite Four before I can become a Duke.

Last time I looked at the Serebii page they only had up to Duke =P. And yes, Style points reduces the price of the Mega-Stones from the Stone Store, up to as low as 10k. But Style does not directly affect costs in clothing stores from what I've seen., however there is a coupon you're able to get somehow that does reduce said prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Tasura View Post

Last time I looked at the Serebii page they only had up to Duke =P. And yes, Style points reduces the price of the Mega-Stones from the Stone Store, up to as low as 10k. But Style does not directly affect costs in clothing stores from what I've seen., however there is a coupon you're able to get somehow that does reduce said prices.
    Good to know. I don't think I've gotten any style points yet, so I can't be sure. They won't even let me in to the boutique. I probably have to fix that stupid power outage first, don't I?

Quote Originally Posted by Locky
    Calem has never used his fossil pokemon on me.
    Good to know. I wanted Amaura, but I didn't want to stick Serena with Tyrunt. It doesn't really matter too much, but I did want some warning in advance.

Also, I now have eight Old Amber. Three transferred over, one from the first trip through, and four from my last trip, when I was checking hanging shadows for Ferroseed. I don't think they're supposed to be that common, even if they do want you to get them so you can get an Aerodactyl/Mega Aerodactyl.

I'm guessing since Aerodactyl is the only fossil that Mega-Evolves, it's the only one in the Kalos Pokédex, and therefore the only one I'll find down there, huh?
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Tasura View Post
    Good to know. I don't think I've gotten any style points yet, so I can't be sure. They won't even let me in to the boutique. I probably have to fix that stupid power outage first, don't I?

Also, I now have eight Old Amber. Three transferred over, one from the first trip through, and four from my last trip, when I was checking hanging shadows for Ferroseed. I don't think they're supposed to be that common, even if they do want you to get them so you can get an Aerodactyl/Mega Aerodactyl.

I'm guessing since Aerodactyl is the only fossil that Mega-Evolves, it's the only one in the Kalos Pokédex, and therefore the only one I'll find down there, huh?
    You get style points by doing random stuff, like taking taxis, or buying expensive items, eating at the restaurants, going through the Lumiose Museum and listening to the Audio Guide. But yea, almost all of that won't happen until after the 5th gym.

After you get the National Dex older fossils can spawn in the same stones that have the Old Amber, which ones spawn is determined by your version.
    Last edited by Tasura; 10-21-2013 at 05:48 PM.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

I don't care about the clothes shops at all; in fact I wish I'd rolled a male character just so I could at least have a suit.

Anyway I'm enjoying raising my new Charmeleon because I'm not super impressed with either the event torchic/combusken or the fox (now a delphox) that I got on wonder trade. Good ol' charmander, though...

FFXIV Character

Viadana Solacaire (Sargatanas)

I'm enjoying how easily available the starters have become. Two Friend Safari Zones have starters for me (Wartortle and Charmeleon). So breeding starters as Wonder Trade fodder should be quite fun and easy.

I've been mulling over the idea to do a special run through of the game with one type only and a few restrictions. I have a preference for the Dragon types, which have been reduced in status thanks to Fairy. The rules are the hardest part to think of though... So far I've thought of only using ones you can catch and must have Dragon as the actual type (No Gyrados). Also, no Mega Evolutions at all, besides the story forced one. Maybe adding in a few other rules could help make this more interesting or difficult. Problem is that I'd have to trade just to get a dragon to start with.

Any ideas for rules, and just don't say Nuzlocke rules. Some of those will be good though.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

The most interesting challenge I've seen so far is the Wonder Trade challenge, where you take on each gym with six Wonder Traded Pokemon. (After each gym you WT those away and use the next six you get as your next team.)

Quote Originally Posted by Pike View Post
    The most interesting challenge I've seen so far is the Wonder Trade challenge, where you take on each gym with six Wonder Traded Pokemon. (After each gym you WT those away and use the next six you get as your next team.)
    That... actually sounds kinda cool. Also sorry to say Pike, but as of yet I've not seen anything close to suit-y, unless you count unbuttoned shirts with popped collars.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Are you allowed to level them? I think it'd be really hard to take on a gym with a level 3 Caterpie!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Bades: 2
    Pokedex: 191
    Timel: 34:01

I have a problem...

Blog Entries

Finished the Kalos dex today.

Now I just need... 180 more Pokemon to fill up the National dex.

It'd go faster if I didn't keep getting distracted by GTAV.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Holy crap this thread makes me feel like the worst Pokemon player ever.

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

How about we show off the most recent picture of our characters? Here's mine.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

FFXIV Character

Viadana Solacaire (Sargatanas)

Are you allowed to level them? I think it'd be really hard to take on a gym with a level 3 Caterpie!
    I've heard of that too. And I think you're allowed to actually level them up but you must get rid of them through WT after each gym. Which is reasonable since you might only get very low level Pokemon and not even be able to take on a wild one let alone a gym.