Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Crysanthe Mariveaux (Ultros)

Default Pokémon X&Y post-launch discussion thread - AKA Jinx is Upset

SPOILER ALERT

there will probably be spoilers in this thread

they should probably be marked

but they will be here

In the meantime, Sam is hyperventilating as far as I can tell, so someone should make sure she made it home alive. You kids have fun with your Pokémon tonight, because I don't get to play it until the morning.

UHUUUU
    T-T

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I AM AT HOME ESHOP IS BEING A FIRST IT WAS LATE NOW IT WON'T LOAD THE PAGE FOR ME TO BUY IT GODDAMMIT
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

The Old Skool Warrior LocoColt04's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Crysanthe Mariveaux (Ultros)

Likely because you and a million others are trying to do the same thing!

So
    To start the discussion
    So this thread remains relevant
    And Sam stays alive

What starter do you anticipate choosing? Why?

FROAKIE! Primarily because his evolutions look legit, and Water/Dark is a badass typing.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

FENNEKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN

and charmander
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Froakie because Sam wanted Fennekin. And I'm playing Y because she wanted Xerneas. I'm not too picky.

Fennekin, and probably Bulbasaur to offset the water weakness of Fennekin and the free Torchic.

Also, the Super Training thing is addictive, I spent like half an hour doing just that. And the Wonder Trade is also kinda cool.

Oh, also I got Y because it was the last copy they had at the midnight launch here.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Trying to decide between Fennekin and Chespin. Both are adorable at the start, Braixen looks great but then Chesnaught is the best stage three evolution by a huge margin.

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

goomy pls

Prinny God Recognized Member Endless's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Fennekin/Squirtle, free Torchic. After two wonder trades and a gts trade my lineup is:
    Vivillon (bug/flying), Honedge (steel/ghost), Combusken (fire/fight), Braixen (fire), Squirtle (water), Pikachu (pikachu!)

Also, the I-suppose-bad guy is Ganondorf's cousin apparently.

Edit: my character in-game is named Elise, and you can find my 3ds code here.

And then there is Death

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Adequate View Post
    Trying to decide between Fennekin and Chespin. Both are adorable at the start, Braixen looks great but then Chesnaught is the best stage three evolution by a huge margin.
    Really? How so? It has more weaknesses and fewer resistances than both the other final evolutions. It seems to be a defensive/support Pokémon, which doesn't tend to be great for the story.

It also looks ridiculous.

I'm going for Froakie/Charmander. I know I'll get a free Torchic, but since I'll be transferring the others over from my second game anyway, I might as well pick what I like. And the little fire guy has always been my favorite of the original starters. He's just so cute. Until he grows into a giant fire breathing dragon of doom.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I do not understand this love of Chesnought. S/he looks pretty mediocre as final stage evolutions go if you ask me. Delphox looks the best, in my opinion.

Anyway, again, I'll get the game for Christmas most likely, though right now I'd probably choose Fennekin and Bulbasaur.

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Endless View Post
    Edit: my character in-game is named Elise, and you can find my 3ds code here.
    Ah I wondered who that was xD

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I JUST GOT HOME WITH IT. I was going to go with fennikin but I saw the final evo and wasn't happy. So I think I'll go with Froakie

0791-1388-7078 for anyone who has yet to add me

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Adequate View Post
    Really? How so?
    Because it looks badass.

PS these games are amazing get them now.

Best part of super training? EVs now cap at 252 per stat (at least, from super training), not 255. This means that you can't get stuck with 255/255 and have 6 unplaced stat points. Also, except for the Small Bags, Super Training always gives you multiples of 4 (4 EVs = 1 stat point at level 100). So it's really well designed for EV min/maxing.

Unfortunately, the tutorial sticks you with 8 Defense EVs. So you need to hold off until you pick up a junk Pokémon (I used my first captured Pidgey), or miss out on the opportunity to min/max your starter. Of course, that also means that you'll have at least 2 unavoidable EVs. One from your first fight with your rival, and one with the first fight where you capture a Pokémon (since capturing gives EVs/IVs). So if you wind up with poor EVs from those, you had better not do any more fighting before you min/max. There are still room for two EVs that won't affect stats, but that's all. Fortunately, Route 1 is full of Speed EVs (which are almost always great), and Fenniken gives Special Attack EVs (which I want for Froakie, because although Greninja has slightly higher Attack, it seems to get much better Special moves), so I didn't have to worry about that.

Anyway, I'm going to need someone to trade with (or purchase another 3DS) in order to get my other Pokémon across. I am willing to pay with pretty much any Pokémon in the games. Starters and Torchics are the obvious first currency, but as the game duration wears on, I'd probably be willing to pay in version specifics as well, including Legendaries and version specific Mega-Evolution stones, once I get far enough (though getting those with regularity will mean cross-game starter boosting so I can tear through the game faster). Ideally, I'd be transferring over all the starters (from both Generations), and around a half dozen Torchics. My 3DS's friend code is 1547-6378-0895.

Oddly enough, I wound up going with X as my main instead of Y. The more I see the Stag, the more I like it (and the blue-theme color is preferable to red). The funny part of this is that the stag is clearly the more feminine of the options, and my secondary game is where I usually create my female character (and I like the Y-specific Pokémon more, on the whole). But, like I said, I'll be trading them away anyway.

Also, does anyone here have a 3DS XL, and, if so, how does it compare to the original DS? Are the larger pixels noticeable, or do the games look pretty much just as good?
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.