Thread: Walking Dead Season 8 - Unmarked spoilers for aired eps in thread

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Not bad indeed. More like that please.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Once again, this show carries on with its annoying habit of being boring for five of six episodes then a decent one comes along eventually. You could see Spencer's death coming a mile off. As soon as he invited Rosita to dinner I was like "No way that's gonna happen. Bye Spencer!"

It's nice they're all back together now (except Morgan and Carol) so I'm hoping for no more characters going missing for three episodes.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Lol remember this?

Articles

It's been pretty bad. The awful Mad Max wannabe "Take Rick to the up up and up!" people especially.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

It has been so terrible. I think I kind of liked either the last episode or the one before, but I cannot remember what I liked about it enough to describe it to help identify.

Never got round to watching episode 4 in the first half of the season. No regrets.

I thought the last episode with Michonne and Rick was pretty good. A lot of the time it's the performances that really carry the show.

As much as I've fallen back in love with the show, thanks in part to Negan and the Saviors, Walking Dead needs to end. The filler episodes where character and plot progression is rationed out is old.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

I am watching this week's episode right now.

Zzzzzzz

Articles

This one wasn't bad, relatively. Morgan is one of the few good protagonists left.

Ah... this show. *sigh*

I'm a reader of the comics, so I'm naturally a little biased toward the superior version of the story, but it really does boggle the mind how they can hit perfection in one episode (the season premiere, probably my favorite episode of the whole show) and then fall back into the crippling pacing and character development problems that have plagued them for most of the run despite having the best arc in the comics as a launch pad. Jeffrey Dean Morgan always turns in a great performance as Negan, whose comics incarnation is one of my all-time favorite villains, but so often the show's writers give him lines and actions that turn him into a generic sadist overlord. And don't even get me started on the new villainous group they just introduced, who are basically just a deathly dull repeat of the already bland Wolves unnecessarily distracting from the Savior war.

And yet I can't quit it. I have to see what happens next, whether they can once again pull off a genuinely superb episode or just let more iconic moments slip through the cracks. The next season is undoubtedly going to be more of the same, and the big battle will probably be a letdown, but I just need to see it. I can't stop. I need help.

This was probably the worst season of The Walking Dead.

Negan was definitely overused and drawn out to the point where a lot of his appearances are straight up annoying. However, I still really like him. Jeffrey Dean Morgan does a terrific job portraying him, and he definitely interjects a lot of humor into the show.

I think the best part about this season was Ezekiel. He's genuinely interesting and so different from the main cast. The dude is a breath of fresh air from characters like Carol and Morgan, who are retreading old ground in their story arcs.

Hopefully with this season being dedicated to All Out War, they can focus more on story and less on filler.

Pull my Devil Trigger!

Quote Originally Posted by Scruffington View Post
    Hopefully with this season being dedicated to All Out War, they can focus more on story and less on filler.
    I remember when people were hoping that about the prison, and then about Woodbury and the Governor, and then about Alexandria, and then about the Saviors and Negan. We're all going to get burned again, I just know it. The more tightly paced the source material is, the more the show feels the need to drag it out and stuff it full of irrelevant subplots.

Quote Originally Posted by KleinerKiller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Scruffington View Post
    I remember when people were hoping that about the prison, and then about Woodbury and the Governor, and then about Alexandria, and then about the Saviors and Negan. We're all going to get burned again, I just know it. The more tightly paced the source material is, the more the show feels the need to drag it out and stuff it full of irrelevant subplots.
    I actually really enjoyed Season 3. Then Season 4 was most likely my favorite in the series after 5.

I think it's most likely because the show was still in its earlier stages. It also had a much more interesting setting and character dynamics compared to what we have now. Season 7 just feels like it's retreading old ground in so many areas, and fatigue is starting to set in.

Pull my Devil Trigger!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

All desire to catch up with this show has left me now.