Page 62 of 65 FirstFirst ... 12425256575859606162636465 LastLast

Thread: Walking Dead Season 8 - Unmarked spoilers for aired eps in thread

Quote Originally Posted by Scruffington View Post
    I actually really enjoyed Season 3. Then Season 4 was most likely my favorite in the series after 5.

I think it's most likely because the show was still in its earlier stages. It also had a much more interesting setting and character dynamics compared to what we have now. Season 7 just feels like it's retreading old ground in so many areas, and fatigue is starting to set in.
    I can't forgive Season 3 for stripping the most interesting elements out of the prison arc, softening and hopelessly muddling the Governor's character, and worst of all, reducing one of the source material's most enduring badasses in Andrea into a helpless waif whose every other line of dialogue seemed to be "THE GOVERNOR ISN'T REALLY A BAD PERSON YOU BIG MEANIES, LET HIM KILL A FEW MORE PEOPLE BEFORE YOU JUDGE HIM." Wasted potential irritates me more than no potential.

Season 4 was rock-solid, though, for the most part. As were the first few episodes of Season 5, when the threat was the Terminus Hunters, who really ought to have stuck around more for how interesting, sympathetic, and heavily set up they were. And then the show took off on a tangent to a random hospital full of indistinct jerks, and we've been in an only occasionally worthwhile tailspin ever since.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

New trailer released at comic con.

Sooooo at the end we see "Old Man Rick". Isn't that kind of a bad thing? I mean unless he found some hair dye and decided to gray himself up for no reason, doesn't this just show he survives the upcoming All Out War? Therefore removing the tension of any scene where his life is in danger?

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Could be a dream. Could also be one of those death hallucinations too. I doubt we'd get a time jump that big this season unless they are going to start winding down the series. That part of the trailer was really weird and felt out of place though. If anything it'll create the thought you had and make people feel less invested potentially since that tension may be gone for them.

I just hope that this season is more enjoyable than last season for me. I honestly think that the all out war arc should've been a part of last season as the pacing was way too slow and awful I thought. There were some good episodes but I thought it was a weak season overall.

What a bizarre trailer. An overly long montage showing nothing of much note, leading up to a blur of action moments set to weirdly upbeat music for what's supposed to be the climactic turning point of all the show's drama. So... pretty much perfectly befitting the show in general, now that I think about it.

Negan's drawn-out bit at the start just makes me mourn how Jeffrey Dean Morgan's killer performance is being wasted on a character who only does justice to his comics incarnation in fits and starts.

On the "Old Man Rick" stinger, Comic Spoilerswell the source material does continue for quite a while after Rick goes all beard-y and cane-y, so I don't think it's necessarily an indication of the show winding to a close soon. However, if they are following through with the time skip and moving into the Whisperers arc, so much of that material has already been used ahead of time with things like the Wolves and the obnoxious Scavengers that it'll probably just feel repetitive and weird.

It's also a REALLY FREAKIN' WEIRD thing to show in the trailer when they're supposed to be hyping the suspense of All-Out War; I'm still struggling to rationalize them dragging out the March to War arc so long and talking about doing the time-skip mid-season. So help me, if that's the cold open of the season and they want uninformed people to speculate on what leads to Rick's status and leg injury, I'm dropping this show.

Walking Dead. Wow, I haven't watched any of the episodes since late 2011 when the 2nd season had just been aired. I honestly can't remember a thing about it, so I may have to fire it up after I finish off my Grey's Anatomy series on Netflix.
    I'm a water dude, jet skis, water pools
    Surfin' the (waaaave), I'm hurtin' the (waaaave)...
    "Oh Yes" ~ Juelz Santana

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Whatever they decide to do this season, they really need to put their foot on the gas and not let up.

We have entered the All Out War arc. Not only does our group of humans have to fight a war with other humans, they are surrounded by a zombie apocalypse on all sides. Bodies better start dropping like flies.

This whole "let's kill one, maybe two, major characters a season" needs to stop. Your cast is well over 50 people at this point. If you're going to be a show in an apocalyptic world, you need to act like it.

All this, coming from a die hard fan who felt like the show could do no wrong for a good 5 years. I've been soured by the past 2 seasons and i'm ready for The Walking Dead to live up to its potential.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

We've made it to episode 100.

Was this a good episode of The Walking Dead? Yes. Was it a great 100th episode milestone with a bunch of shocking and memorable moments? Not really.

It was a lot of fun, though. It's good to have the show back, as always.

I know it's cliche at this point to expect someone to die in either the first or last episode of a season, but I was really expecting something huge out of such a milestone episode. "100" is supposed to be something people remember for years to come. Walkers laying waste to the savior's sanctuary with as of yet no casualties just didn't do it for me. It certainly didn't warrant a 2 hour Talking Dead afterwards.

The first half of the episode was just characters getting hyped for all out war, which we already established was coming last season.

I feel like this is an episode I'll appreciate more if I binge watch the season as a whole.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I thought it was decent by modern Walking Dead standards. Stuff happened!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I dropped after season 4, but I watched this season premiere and damn people have died. Looks like Tyrese, Sasha, and Glenn died, but smurfing Carol is still alive somehow. Seeing no Glenn almost made me not want to watch the episode. The show looks like some kind of Mad Max spinoff and that brotha with the dreads looks like he's supposed to be in another show.

Cool to see that Morgan is still alive and have joined Rick's crew, but why in the hell didn't Rick shoot Negan as soon as he walked out the door. That wasn't a smart move on either of their parts. This new villain seems like a comedic one which is different. I've been going through the series again on Netlfix and am back to where I left off with season 4, but let's see if I can make it season 5 this time. Knowing Glenn isn't going to make it is hard though.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I also thought they should have shot Negan as soon as he walked out the door.

Then I realized they waited until after explaining to the people next to him that they had a chance to walk away, it made sense to hold off. I like that Rick didn't finish his countdown and started firing at 7, though.

I was skeptical when I first saw people saying that Fear the Walking Dead is now the better show, but I've got to admit that, after two weak seasons, this third season was surprisingly good. The writing can still be really clumsy at times but I thought some of the characters really came into their own this season. I'm interested to see what they do with it next year with the new showrunners. If you guys are looking for a good replacement show and can get through the first two seasons, I'd recommend it. Plus the new villain kind of looks like Loony Bob.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

This episode was pretty legit

I love Fear the Walking Dead. I try to tell people that season 3 (that just finished) was better than even the past couple seasons of the flagship show.

Every friend and podcaster I know who I know would have enjoyed season 3 stopped watching at the end of season 2. Which is a shame, because it was the best season of either Walking Dead I'd seen since maybe the Terminus storyline.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I liked this episode too. Rick and Morgan getting glimpses into what they've become were good and handled well.

Also I need to see a photo of this FtWD lonny bob!

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Every once in a while I found myself wondering whatever happened to that guy and his family from season one. A lot of people might not have remembered him but I've rewatched season one many times at this point so I knew who it was right off the bat. I was glad they brought him back and thought this would be an interesting way to do it.

Loved this episode overall but found myself getting frustrated by Jesus.

They were on a search and destroy mission to take out saviors in and around the compound. You don't want to shoot someone who surrendered? Fine. But after the fact you realize he wasn't really surrendering, and then you still want to tie him up anyway? Especially after going through the compound and killing people up to that point? Come on now.

I get that not every member of these huge communities is going to feel the same way but you're out there to end a war and you're gonna be a liability on a battlefield if you hold people like Tara back.