Page 13 of 65 FirstFirst ... 378910111213141516171819233363 ... LastLast

Thread: Walking Dead Season 8 - Unmarked spoilers for aired eps in thread

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

But my point is, both tried to come back from what they became. Rick did, the Governor didn't and didn't think it was possible. You're arguing semantics and completely missing my point.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm arguing against your point saying they were exactly alike save for the farming bit that I hope was facetious. I agree with what you said about how they both tried to come back from something, sure.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Of course it was facetious you silly girl. Obviously the Governor went a lot farther down that road because he didn't have people to stop him. I was simply pointing out that perhaps if the Governor had had Hershel to show him the crop growing ropes things might have worked out differently for him.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I've read through various interviews two big things people don't want, but might happen:

1. A TV Rick death is very possible and hasn't been ruled out.

2. A Daryl death is possible, even if only because no on think's they'll do it. Someone with the show said they see it as a dare.

Those both might have been Robert Kirkman. Don't quote me on that, though.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Not really a comic book spoiler, but Kirkman has said that in the comics at least, he hasn't ruled out the possibility that Rick will die and the comics will continue without him. I think he almost sees it as a bit inevitable to be honest. I'm sure he'd get tons of outrage over it, but that happens with every death in the comics.

If a similar thing happened in the show at some point, I'd respect the writers even more for having the balls to go there before the show ends. Very few shows do.

I'd be interested in seeing this, but not yet though. Finish his arc first.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Elskidor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post

holy trout I almost thought that walker got Daryl before he used it as a shield. I almost lost my trout.
    I could be wrong, but I think Daryl is the safest character on the show and he's not even in the cards for possible main character deaths. Yes, even safer than Rick, who I can see dying to be replaced by Carl in season 6 or 7, if the show survives that long. They know Daryl is extremely popular by both female and male viewers.
    The more beloved a character is the more they will want to kill them off, so yeah I wouldn't hold weight to the fact that people like the character. I don't see Daryl surviving toward the end, but I doubt he will die this season because there's still a lot in his development and in Michonne's development that we have yet to see.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Elskidor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post

holy trout I almost thought that walker got Daryl before he used it as a shield. I almost lost my trout.
    I could be wrong, but I think Daryl is the safest character on the show and he's not even in the cards for possible main character deaths. Yes, even safer than Rick, who I can see dying to be replaced by Carl in season 6 or 7, if the show survives that long. They know Daryl is extremely popular by both female and male viewers.
    The more beloved a character is the more they will want to kill them off, so yeah I wouldn't hold weight to the fact that people like the character. I don't see Daryl surviving toward the end, but I doubt he will die this season because there's still a lot in his development and in Michonne's development that we have yet to see.
    I don't know. Kirkman at least has a habit of killing off characters before they really reach a tidy end to their stories because he likes smurfing with people. I wouldn't bet on anyone being safe this season.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Developer
    • Former Tech Admin

Glad to see the governor finally off the show.

(SPOILER)Hershel: (paraphrased) I have a daughter, you lost a daughter, doesn't that make you think?
    Governor: Nope, she's not mine.

Rick: We have sick kids in here.
    Governor: Kill them all!

Lady's daughter dies, governor shoots her corpse in the face while the mother holds her. What a deep and abiding love he had for that lady. Not a psychopath for sure.

Hershel's actor apparently said on some talk show that he knew his character was screwed as soon as he read the plot for the episode where Hershel was really active and had lots of development. Best not wish too hard for any episodes starring your favorite characters.

I don't see why they can't go repair the prison walls and fix the fences and get rid of all the zombies and keep living there. It was full of zombies the first time they found it. Maybe that brief foreshadowing from a few episodes back when they showed an enormous zombie army is the reason. I imagine they'll be moving on now because the plot demands something new. Also not sure why they couldn't all immediately regroup into one large camp again. Didn't they have a plan for if they got separated? "If we have to evacuate, let's all meet by the river"? They had a plan to get everyone on the bus after all.

Haven't read the comics, so I have no idea what's coming up. The parts where they wander around the wilderness were some of the best parts of the show in the past, so here's hoping.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Unne View Post
    (SPOILER)Hershel: (paraphrased) I have a daughter, you lost a daughter, doesn't that make you think?
    Governor: Nope, she's not mine.

Rick: We have sick kids in here.
    Governor: Kill them all!

Lady's daughter dies, governor shoots her corpse in the face while the mother holds her. What a deep and abiding love he had for that lady. Not a psychopath for sure.
    (SPOILER)If he were a psychopath he wouldn't be capable of caring for any other people. Not having empathy for someone elses children when you think the survival of your own depends on taking what they have doesn't make someone a psychopath.

See above as far as point number two. Keep in mind he wasn't telling Rick to kill the kids because they were sick. He wanted everyone dead because they weren't going to give up the prison peacefully.

The Governor took the girls corpse from the mother before shooting her, and he did it because not only did it need to be done, but he's also moved far beyond hoping there's a cure and remaining attached to the dead since his own daughter zombie was killed. And if you actually paid attention you might have noticed he was visibly shaken by the death of the little girl.

TLDR: you don't seem to know what a psychopath is.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

That's not correct. Some psychopaths and serial killers are able to have empathy, but only for one or two people who show them genuine love that were often devoid of in their adolescence. Most notably Richard Kuklinski. The Governor fits a psychopath to a tee. Often people Google things about psychopaths and assume that all of the common traits have to pertain to someone for it to be true, when that's not the case. You could say he was a sociopath, but sociopaths usually don't kill a lot of people and cut off their heads.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Developer
    • Former Tech Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    TLDR: you don't seem to know what a psychopath is.
    This article is by a scientist who has a wife and family, and is a psychopath. I like where he talks about how he doesn't let his grandkids win games, which reminded me a lot of the governor beating that little girl at chess.

I've read Mask of Sanity and some other books on psychopathy, and I worked in a place that administered the PCL. I'm no psychologist mind you. Psychopathy like everything is a spectrum. Psychopaths are capable of surface feelings. They're also very good at giving the appearance of feelings. Lack of empathy, lack of inhibition, pathological lying, manipulation, superficial charm, impulsiveness, these all seem to describe the governor. He's also a fictional character. I don't expect him to be written perfectly.

tl;dr jumping straight to "you're ignorant" isn't a good way to make an argument, because you don't really know what other people know or don't know.

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't want dead babies on my TV.

Signature by rubah. I think.

What about undead?

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

That's it, we're breaking up as friends. </3