Page 2 of 65 FirstFirst 12345678122252 ... LastLast

Thread: Walking Dead Season 8 - Unmarked spoilers for aired eps in thread

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

I still say the group needs another big goal like the CDC or whatever. Sitting in the prison and going out on mini-runs for action scenes ain't gonna keep my interest up. Though I actually liked the more intense conversations at Hershel's farm about what kind of standards and basic rules apply in such a world, they still need something big to work towards that's not just gonna come to them.

I didn't consider the fact that Harry Potter kid mentioned the deer Daryl brought back, that's interesting. I think it would make sense for the show to let a mutated virus, or whatever it is, kill off most of the Woodburians.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by someone on tumblr, idk
    Okay, the amount of times they showed shots of water in last night’s episode literally made me say, “there’s something wrong with the water.” Patrick, the kid who died in the shower at the end was bleeding from the eyes. Bleeding from the eyes is a symptom of Ebola, a virus contracted through contaminated water.
    That's a good point. It's possible he died from the ebola virus and then came back as a zombie because of course everyone already has the zombie in 'em. The infected mouse, pig, and possibly deer probably had something to do with it.

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

My theory on this is that Wildfire is mutating in such a way that it contaminates mammals besides human beings and eating infected meat is kind of like getting bit. In that the more or less dormant contagion suddenly gets ramped up, kills you and makes you a walker. If that's the case, then it's only a matter of time before everybody and everything is a walker and that.... well, that makes for a bad ecosystem for whatever type of microorganism Wildfire is.

So maybe that theory sucks. MAYBE THEY ALL HAVE EBOLA NOW. EBOLA ZOMBIES.

I agree with Amanda, though, I like that there's a little levity. Some people SMILED in this episode. Full-on smiled. RICK SMILED AND IS NO LONGER DEAD INSIDE YAY.

Signature by rubah. I think.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Know who else smiled? GLENN. He always has a look on his face like he's Spider-man has to make a very difficult decision like choosing between saving Mary Jane and a schoolbus full of children!

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Hahahah that's great xD

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

That's pretty accurate.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Off to an interesting start. It has piqued my curiosity - as always. Hopefully it won't disappoint too bad.

I can't stop watching this even though I complain send help

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

WEEK 2 - NOT THE PIGGIES

I mean how many of you would have given up by now? Be honest? For every stride Rick makes into making a sustainable, stable life some despotic mothersmurfer or some zombie horde or some former best friend trying to kill him and steal his family comes around and smurfs it all up. And now there's a killer flu.

Honestly, if I'm Rick Grimes I've probably shot myself in the head by now, but not Rick Grimes. He just decides "FINE. I don't get to raise my pigs then I'm going to carry the Python again and smurf trout up."

You go Rick Grimes. You smurf all the trout up.

Also, holy crap. Michonne totally had a baby. Did a walker eat her baby? Again, big fear of babies getting eaten by walkers. OR WHAT IF HER BABY BECAME A WALKER. What if that's what's made her such a stone cold hard ass.

Who is feeding rats to the walkers? Was it that little crazy girl, do you think? Carol went ahead and gave the little crazy girl a knife, so this will go over well.

Daryl looks great with a bandana cattle rustler mask.

When the dad died I got way sad because he was a dad on his own with two daughters AND IT IS LIKE WHAT LIFE WOULD HAVE BEEN LIKE IF IN 1995 THERE WAS A ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

PETA must have had a field day with this episode. How many times must they show the pigs getting slaughtered? One time is enough. Sheesh!

Like Robert Kirkman, I probably would've killed myself a while ago. There is no way this is a world I'd want to live in.

In reference to Talking Dead: I liked the homage to Romero and Savini. I want to go to Walker School, but can I skip wearing those inevitably painful and hard contacts?

That crazy little girl is a total bitch. I hope her older sister knifes her in the head when she turns.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I just have to wonder what keeps some of the characters motivated. I mean for Rick it's his kids, obviously. For Glenn & Maggie it's each other. And everyone else... I guess the group becomes family. I guess you just get to a point where you decide to survive.

Maybe I wouldn't kill myself because I like to be useful. And a living, breathing person would be hella useful in the prison. More so than a burned up flu guy.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

We've made some progress in figuring out what causes the infection. Instead of blaming the animals, we know that it's a sort of flu type virus that infects people and animals.

What I want to know is how it spreads. If it's contagious, than the group is really doing a poor job as far as hygiene goes. Every few seconds I kept thinking "Person A is standing way too close to person B!" or "Why are you touching?".

At first I thought Michonne felt like she was feeling flu like symptoms and that's why she didn't want the baby near. But once she held her and started crying I figured it must just be because it brought back some bad memories.

I also want to know who's feeding the walkers. I suppose it could be one of the young girls because she seemed to like the walker that had the "Nick" name badge and was upset that he died. I can't help but feeling that it's someone else though. Someone who we don't expect it to be.

That fence is going to end up falling and it'll be complete chaos. Can't wait to see what happens!

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Seriously who's feeding walkers and who lit the people on fire?! Those poor piggies. Rick has been spending what would be months separating himself from the going crazyness and then he has to kill what he was putting all his focus into to come back from that. Poor piggies. And people too I guess...

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Even though there's always the "no animals were harmed in the making of this film" I couldn't help but feeling uneasy when I heard the squealing. I suppose that's something that helps bring the show to life. Sacrifices must be made. Living in a world as the apocalypse sets in ain't easy.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It was totally those little trouthead girls feeding the rats to the walkers. When what's-her-name-black-chick who got scorched was leaving at the beginning they showed pictured of Nick the Walker and there was discussion about Nick later on between Carol and them. It was totally them.

I didn't even consider that Michonne might have had a child! I, too, first thought she didn't want to hold the baby because of the flu, but when she became emotional I just thought she was overcome with the hope of humanity or something. Interesting.

A rampant killer airborne flu feels a little bit disappointing and kindof seems like a copout. I can see why they are doing it, but I think I would have preferred to have seen another episode with the group questioning what was going on around them and seen more cases of people getting sick from animal meat or something.

When Carol and those two girls who lost their father were deciding on who was going to kill him I was freaking out and thought one of them was going to get snagged.

Interesting business with the fence. I am kindof hoping that this is the start of them realizing that the prison is good but it isn't the safest and that being in as large a group as they are hold pretty big risks. I would love to see them move away from the prison, but I don't know if they'll do that.

Not a suuuper great episode, but I didn't hate it. Clearly there is going to be some drama about who torched those two people on the roof. I honestly don't think it's that important, though - they were both clearly walkers or infected by the flu, but I can see that dragging out over the course of the next episode as a sort of filler.

I'd like the season's goal to become clear atleast by the next episode or I am going to start to get agitated.