Page 36 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1626303132333435363738394041424656 ... LastLast

Thread: Walking Dead Season 8 - Unmarked spoilers for aired eps in thread

The only thing I could hope for was someone asking Noah if it was worth the fit. Every time someone throws a tantrum somebody gets hurt.

I think the way they are going is killing off all the "light", or hopeful people, so that end the end everyone is dead.

Not a good start for me, but I think that's just because I was never a fan of Tyreese, as much as I wanted to be. I can see why others would have liked the episode. The only part I didn't like was the credits coming up while hearing the soil being shovelled, I thought that was a little over the top.

I think next week will be great though, I saw a few references to 'wolves' or something, guess they could be the next antagonists. Comic book spoilers behind tags remember, just in case!

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

I don't remember wolves being an enemy in the comic book anyway. It'd be awesome if they continued the theme of picking characters and enemies that aren't in the comics.

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

not walkind dead, but still worth posting

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf Leonhart View Post
    The. Best. smurfing. Show. On. Television.

From this point forward I'll be sharing my results from the walking dead story sync. I got Carol this episode. I'm definitely in favor of talking to people heading to dangerous grounds from a walkie talkie distance.

http://www.amctv.com/shows/the-walking-dead/story-sync

Attachment 62596
    I got Sasha. Feels for Maggie and Sasha right now. Both lost siblings very recently because of stupid Noah. ;__;

This episode was terrible, not a waste of time because there was definitely a point and set-up for it, but whoever directed it was trying too hard to make the entire episode feel dream-like. It took me away from the tone of every other episode in the series.

If they're going to kill off black guys like they normally do kill off Noah's character. Everybody Hates Noah.

In regards to the wolves...Almost every antagonists were from the comics or very similar with a few exceptions. Honestly I feel they should stick to pulling antagonists from the comics because the ones they make up or change a bit, end of being underdeveloped. Dawn was a trout character.

Tryese was one of my favorite characters but I feel like he was dumb in a Herschel way. Too pure for this type of world. Rick used to be like that but realized he had to change or he'd be jeopardizing not only his safety, but the safety of those following him. This is why I feel nothing when characters like this die because it really is inevitable. Tyrese, T-dog or whatever dumb name he had, Herschel, Beth you have to see the pattern. And if you're too bad, you will also die. Need to have a happy medium. I suspect to see more good souls dying this season...

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I'm glad to see this season has really picked up the pace compared to last season. Remember when people thought we'd be spending the first 8 episodes in Terminus? I figured the road trip to Noah's place would have been at least 3 episodes. It was nice to see the old characters back and I enjoyed how surreal this episode was. Moving along nicely.

An idea I thought would be interesting would be if tyreese started attacking his illusions, and it actually ended up being Rick and the group. Kind of a new way to look at the undead.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Chad L Coleman talking about the significance of Tyreese's hallucinations.

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I also interpreted his hallucinations as everything he felt guilty for doing or not doing for people who counted on him. If he hadn't trusted the Governor at all the Governor would've had less information about the prison group to work with down the line. If he had killed Martin the Terminus survivors probably wouldn't have found them and wouldn't have killed Bob. If he had paid closer attention to Lizzie's obvious mental problems Meeka might've survived.

I think Tyreese's character and his dead was really supposed to serve as a foil for Beth and a counterpoint to her death. While both characters represented hope for the future, support for their fellow group members, we saw Beth find herself in Grady Memorial. She learned who she really was, what mattered to her and what she was made of. She learned to adapt to the new world, even though she was small and young. And Tyreese was a knowledgeable, big man who by his own account listened to the news to "be a good citizen of the world," but honestly couldn't cope with the things that happened to him very well. He wasn't a weak character or a weak person - he just had a harder time coping with the violence that survivors of this world were perpetrating against each other. I think the end of the episode, when he asks them to turn the radio off, he's accepting that it's ok to die and it's ok not to struggle anymore.

One of the reasons I think people dislike this episode is because the acceptance of death is disquieting. We're hardwired to pursue, to push forward, to give everything we have in order to survive - but Tyreese was never willing give up his integrity for the sake of survival. While he does die of blood loss, his hallucinations show us he passes on his own terms. He's struggled with the good and the bad, the guilt and the relief, and he chooses (for lack of a better term) Heaven. He deems himself worth of the good and not the bad, even though he didn't save his friends or seek vengeance for Karen. That kind of introspection, even if it is at the hands of hallucination, demonstrates strength of character.

I thought last week was a good transition episode, and I thought having it lead into this week's episode that follows Maggie, Sasha and Daryl as they struggle with loss was a good idea.

Signature by rubah. I think.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Something I really enjoyed about this week's episode is that it somehow focused on three characters (Maggie, Sasha, Daryl) yet within the context of a group setting. These are people who have felt significant personal losses in the past two episodes and it's interesting to see how everyone copes in their own way.

I loved the representation of teamwork in the barn when they were barring the doors.

This week's story sync:

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't think that clean dude is a cannibal. It seems like they are more likely to be a part of a scavenger group and are responsible for murdering the people. I also think they have the dogs or whatever hence the "Wolves". Maybe I'm reaching.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I'm not interested in episodes where the characters 'cope' with loss. The whole damn series is one giant coping with loss. We get it, they're hungry and sad. You could have established this in 15 minutes and then got on with an actual story.

I think the clean dude is an actual good guy. Or I'm just hoping. If it's another one of those 'hey I'm a friend, just kidding I'm actually crazy and want to KILL YOU!' then this show is officially in coasting mode.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

*does not look at the latest post yets, i havent seen the newest yet*

edit, because ive seen it now: this episode was to slow for me, and i dodnt enjoy ot that much.
    but now i feel like they are just going to repeat the same story every time.. they find a place (or the place finds them) they get trapped, they shoot theire way out and they move on

but here is something funny for you
    Last edited by Shaibana; 02-18-2015 at 03:42 PM.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

This show and it's god damn mothersmurfing terrible pacing. Jesus christ.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Honestly, worse thing about this show is the over use of a crickets sound effect loop. I've been to Georgia and there's no way crickets are that loud in the forest during the day and I can hear it friggin' looping because it's that loud! There are only few times where that sound isn't overbearing in the show. They need to hire another sound person.