Page 42 of 65 FirstFirst ... 2232363738394041424344454647485262 ... LastLast

Thread: Walking Dead Season 8 - Unmarked spoilers for aired eps in thread

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    They haven't said it outright but they've been heavily hinting at it by showing him to be a jealous drunk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shlup View Post
    Sam asking for a gun was supposed to tip you off that his dad was beating his mom. That and all the drunkness.
    Yeah I know, all the signs point to it but there is just no evidence for it. How do we know that Sam wanted the gun to protect against his Dad? It wouldn't surprise me if it's the Mum that's being abusive. She portrays a nice, friendly mom figure to the community but... no-one knows what happens behind closed doors.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The mom? Please. A man of Pete's size could protect himself against her. The kid said he needed a gun to give to someone and he was talking about a parent. It's completely illogical to think that he would want Pete to have that gun. Plus his body language and what he says to Rick all points to porch dick. He was bothered by Rick from the get-go "I saw you two" "we are trying to hold on to what we have" and he is constantly drinking when we see him. The mother even comments on it at the party and he snaps at her that he will get it, it being a drink.

Glenn is also literally amazing. Not only does he not kill Nicholas he goes back to help that other douchebag. Glenn was basically always a saint and has been my favorite character from episode 1. Carol although she is now evil Carol, obviously enjoys telling children to piss off but I know deep down she just doesn't want to get close to any children anymore because of what happened to Sophia and those two little blond girls. I hope she becomes friends with Sam eventually and they bake cookies together.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
    The mom? Please. A man of Pete's size could protect himself against her. The kid said he needed a gun to give to someone and he was talking about a parent. It's completely illogical to think that he would want Pete to have that gun. Plus his body language and what he says to Rick all points to porch dick. He was bothered by Rick from the get-go "I saw you two" "we are trying to hold on to what we have" and he is constantly drinking when we see him. The mother even comments on it at the party and he snaps at her that he will get it, it being a drink.
    I'm not saying that's what I think is happening, I merely said that it wouldn't surprise me. I never said that he wanted the gun for Pete either. All I'm saying is that none of us have any idea what is happening inside Sam's house. Is there another person we don't know about? Wouldn't be the first time.

You are all probably right. Sam and his Mom are getting abused by the drunken father and Carol and Rick are gonna go and take him out. I just find the fact that we haven't seen evidence of it unusual. We all know this show has no problems with showing violent behaviour. Surely they would have shown him being abusive to them both to justify Carol and Rick's reaction.

Oh well, we'll find out soon enough.

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

ofc you dont see anything about the abuse, because it all happens behind closed doors, and for the public they play the happy couple. because that is how it happens in real life to!

Noah's death was brutal! i really felt sad for Glen, that he had to see it all.

and even though i am with Rick's group, Gabriel was absolutely right about them. they are wolves in sheep's clothing, and they cant be trusted as they have shown. (stealing guns, literally planning to take over the city...)

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Noah's death was so graphic and i'm super pissed at that guy.

What the hell gabriel?! They murdered CANNIBALS. That wasn't an evil thing that was a good thing.

See you know there is something going on with Pete and Sam and his wife because when carol had her suspicions and she went over there, sweet nice carol that the public knows, he not only blows her off about Sam but doesn't let her talk to his wife either and just closes the door in her face. It was okay for him to come bring beers to rick but not okay for sweet nice carol to pop in? Something is going on.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Gabriel is only partially right. He said that they wouldn't help people before themselves. That is complete bulltrout. Glenn tried to save that guy, Big Red saved Franceen, and several times before this episode they tried to help people who weren't apart of their group. I think in the end Rick does have some evil intentions and does want to take the place over completely because he does feel they are incompetent, but they are.

Some how they have managed to make it work without them though but I don't think the zombies are their biggest threat. It seems pretty clear that other humans have always been the biggest threat in this show.

Also Michonne and Carl saved Gabriel's ass. How quick he forgets. He is selfish just like those people and would rather save his own ass than someone else's. I'm not sure I get Maggie's reaction either. Maybe she feels some what guilty about what happened in the church? Though she shouldn't because it was self defense. Those people were disgusting.

I also think it's wrong to lump them in one thing. Though they are Rick's group, they are all individuals. While Glenn, Michonne, and Abraham (Big Red) may be good-hearted I don't think Rick is anymore and I think he sees every opportunity now as a "what I can get from them" opportunity.

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

I just want to say that physical size does not necessarily impact one's ability to be abused.

I think that Sasha is the new (SPOILER) comic Andrea

Great episode. I can see it going down with Rick taking out action against the creepy husband, and him being exiled from the town, maybe Glenn and Carol too.

I think the group will split. Some are fitting in better than others. I can see Rick making a mistake about this creepy husband and alienating some of his own people...except Carol, she's turning pretty crazy!

So so glad to see Glenn getting decent screen time, and doing what he does best - going out on runs. Classic Glenn.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

So why do you think Rick was staring at his wedding ring?

Could it be he was just reminiscing after trouthead mentioned Lori's death? Could it be he was thinking about Jessie and not wanting to become Shane? Maybe he was thinking about taking it off because he doesn't want to think of her while he thinks of this new woman in his life.

Check out this 8 bit version of season 1 and 2:

Last edited by Lone Wolf Leonhart; 03-19-2015 at 01:19 AM.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It looked like he was contemplating taking it off because he wants to move on. It is weird that they are basically making him Shane but these are different circumstances. He legit thought Rick was dead. This is actually worse because he wanted to shoot that dude before he even knew if he was abusive then he was all "sike nah, lemme go listen to this zombie".

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

10 funny facts about Walking dead :3

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

"smurf the ricktatorship." -- Michonne

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Sound familiar?

Also story sync:

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Someone brought up the whole Shane and Rick shaving parallel thing on Talking Dead tonight. Honestly, the more and more this show progresses the more I am seeing parallels and I don't like it, but I do love that acting. Going for that Emmy, I see.

Overall I think they are all dealing with PTSD in their own way. I think the only one sort of coping with it is Glenn who has changed the least in my opinion, though it will be interesting to see how Noah getting brutally murdered in front of him alters his behavior.

I also think it's interesting how so many people on my Facebook feed are either "yeah smurf you Rick" or "wtf how dare they disobey Rick". In all honesty, I was tired of the Ricktatorship and I think the end of this season Rick will probably end up being right about them being very dumb. I only see it going one of two ways. One way, might separate parts of the group; those who are with Rick and those who are just like, "you know what I'm tired of moving around". Either that or Rick will just takeover Alexandria completely.

All in all, I definitely see this ending in some type of war between the two groups now with Rick and Congress Lady directly opposing each other, though as a twist, Rick is the antagonist. Not sure how they're going to fit the whole W thing and Morgan in the season finale, but it's 90 minutes so they better figure that trout out. And no, I don't think that's an upside down M especially when it says "Wolves" in the mid-season premiere in graffiti on a gate.