Page 47 of 65 FirstFirst ... 27374142434445464748495051525357 ... LastLast

Thread: Walking Dead Season 8 - Unmarked spoilers for aired eps in thread

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    I know Daryl is cool as smurf and everything, but surely you would take the occasional peek back when leading a thousand zombies down the road on a motorbike? Especially when your riding about 10 metres in front of them.
    he's to cool to look back.. obviously

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shaibana View Post
    he's to cool to look back.. obviously
    After seeing the Chupacabra, I imagine it takes a lot to phase Daryl anymore.

And I agree about the Rick/Morgan relationship slowly going sour. Morgan will not tolerate Rick's trout the way everyone else does.
    I think Morgan calling out Carol was the first time in a long time I've seen the character be visibly flustered.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Holy trout carol you're such a ruthless badass now. I was worried she was going to get shot while dressed up by her own people.

Also, THERE IS A HERD COMING OMG STOP KILLING EACH OTHER.

I really am not a fan of that stupid JSS girl.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Like, that was a nice visual spectacle and all but no main characters died - and it's not like it's a small cast to begin with. It didn't feel shocking or like there was much at stake. I know, I know, I'm dismissing people being stabbed to trout as being not shocking but there's no emotional weight - compare that to when Herschel or Beth went down after tense confrontations and that's what I'm talking about.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I think Carol is becoming a bit over-the-top now. Yes, she's come a long way since her housewife incarnation in series 1 but when was she trained as a ninja??

Also, those photos that Aaron found... I assume that means there is a spy in the ranks? I reckon it's Cait Sith.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

No those are his photos! He left them in the car when him and darryl got ambushed by the trap and morgan save them.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    No those are his photos! He left them in the car when him and darryl got ambushed by the trap and morgan save them.
    Ahh yes, I forgot! This is what happens when you watch one episode a week and then months for the next series... you forget things! I need to binge watch series to make sure I don't forget what happens.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

Started looking at TWD about a year ago and finally up to date with everyone else on here. Really liking where it's at currently in Alexandria - It was a welcome break from the road.

Looking forward to further discussion.

Str8 Pimpin'

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Indeed, Carol is over the top, it just doesnt make sense.
    im just really curious about what the guy had to say that morgan captured (before carol did a walk-by :l )
    something about 'them getting liberated'.

i was also pretty scared that Carol would get shot because of her disguise

i must admit im not that fond of TWD anymore.
    im not saying it has become a bad show.. im losing a bit of interest

Those first two episodes were the best I've seen since the first half of season 5, which I am very glad about since after the dross that was the second half (worst episodes since first half of season 4 imo) I had lost most hope for the show.

That said, while the episode themselves were great, I have serious concerns about where this show is going. Is it just me or do the Wolves seem like the most non-threatening villains so far? Seriously, after the maliciousness of The Governor in season 3, and the psychotic (yet brief) villains of Terminus, these guys seem like a bunch of feral ghouls!

Sure they killed a bunch of people, but they're barely armed and eventually had to retreat due to what...Carol and Morgan? If the main group had been there they wouldn't have even gotten over the wall. Pretty disappointing after the excellent teasing they did for them last season.

I think this show could do with a good old reset. At least half of the main cast should be killed off, there are just far too many pointless characters: Sasha, Gabriel, Abraham, Eugene, Rosita, and of course the most pointless one - Tara. These characters are going nowhere and just take up valuable screen time. Seriously the show is only 40 mins per episode, there are too many characters to go around. There also needs to be a focus, much like in season one. When Eugene was supposed to be some guy with the cure I was pumped! I thought the show was finally going to get a new drive and focus, alas no. If I have to hear another season of "We gotta survive" "Find somethin' worth livin' for" "We stick together to stay alive" I think I'll be done.

Rant over....although a logistical point if I may - How the hell did Morgan get back to Alexandria way before any of the group? Wasn't he standing right next to Rick when they all heard the horn go off?

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Second episode was better because there were a lot of "oh snap" moments. A lot of Morgan being Donatello and Carol being that guy from a Resident Evil 4 that asks what you're buying. It was pretty great. Carol and Morgan's whole character building is great and I'm interested to see how Morgan went from being crazy to the zen semi-pacifist he is now.

But please for the love of God someone cut Carl's hair. He is looking more and more like Ellen DeGeneres circa 2002. I think this point the only way I'd be kept completely interested if they killed off Rick because I'm about tired of his trout but I would be shocked if he went off.

Blog Entries

Carol's disguise as Suzy Homemaker is blown though, so I want to see how what's left of Alexandria reacts to her.

And I'm glad Jessie got to release that pent up rage.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

The show would die with Rick being killed off, and I think I'd become disinterested. I agree that the show needs a new direction in some ways although, I liked Alexandria as a break to see these characters being normal again. We haven't seen that with most of them like Michonne.

The main problem is too much dilly-dallying with pointless story arch's. Same thing happened with Breaking Bad and I ended up not caring about it. There's some characters who I love which I don't mind hearing about their backstory, & I understand you need to stretch out the show to milk it, but c'mon. Focus more on the main plot please.

Str8 Pimpin'

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Agreed, I don't think they need to go in to every character's backstory because in reality when these people are inevitably killed the main characters know very little about them anyway as should the viewer. I'm much more interested in seeing Morgan's backstory as it's been quite some time since we last saw him and I feel his role is more integral. I would also really love to know all of Michonne's backstory which I feel was robbed by that corny flashback.

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I just realized I haven't posted in this thread all season.

BUT NOW MY SOUL IS PROBABLY CRUSHED SO I MIGHT NEED YOUR SUPPORT.

THEN AGAIN I MIGHT BE TOTALLY OK AND NEED YOU TO CELEBRATE WITH ME LATER IN THE SEASON IDK YET.

Signature by rubah. I think.