Page 48 of 65 FirstFirst ... 28384243444546474849505152535458 ... LastLast

Thread: Walking Dead Season 8 - Unmarked spoilers for aired eps in thread

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Like, that was a nice visual spectacle and all but no main characters died - and it's not like it's a small cast to begin with. It didn't feel shocking or like there was much at stake. I know, I know, I'm dismissing people being stabbed to trout as being not shocking but there's no emotional weight - compare that to when Herschel or Beth went down after tense confrontations and that's what I'm talking about.
    WELL NOW I REGRET SAYING THIS

Except I don't, fantastic smurfing episode. Absolutely tense and well-worked. Also I have to say I do like the new sociopath Rick. I never liked the bumbling boy scout trying to do the right think and yet constantly smurfing up and felt Shane was right. Ice smurfing cold letting rip with that assault rifle without a moment's pause. If you think back you can kind of see how every season he's been a little bit closer to where he is now.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I went to bed early last night cause i had a stomach bug. Let me tell you knowing something OMG happened but not to who, really ruined it for me. The whole time I was expecting a death and not just "oh this is tense"ing it.

I'm super sad though cause he was my favorite

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The sound designer in me loved last night's episode. At the Nicholas part, when the outside sound deafened and then that music cue came in I had a sound gasm, but also "OH SOME trout IS ABOUT TO GO DOWN". It made the scene much more intense.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
    Also what's his name hasn't even been introduced yet so technically Glenn is still supposed to be alive though I think it is likely Nichalos will kill him because he gave him a second chance when he shouldn't have. I think it's ominous what occurred in the first episode with a Carter and "giving people second chances".
    Let's hope I'm not right and it's just Nicholas' carcass being eaten over his body.

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My reaction on this weeks episode

i also keep a tiny bit of hope that they were shreading Nicolasīs body appart instead of Glenīs

so.. how will Rick get out of this? :o

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

Do we have to use spoilers?

Out of all the originals (SPOILER)Glenn was the person I would have been ok with going. Still.

Immediate reaction afterwards - Great, now we have to see (SPOILER)Maggie cry all over again.

Str8 Pimpin'

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Edge View Post
    Do we have to use spoilers?
    No we dont :3
    ''Unmarked spoilers for aired eps in thread''

I think this was a pretty accurate reaction of mine to what happened:

Regarding the death, I'm actually genuinely surprised at how many people are saying they hope that Glenn is alive. While his death was sad, and I didn't want to see him go, I thought it added so much to the episode and show in general. It got back to that "anyone can go at anytime" kinda thing they had in the earlier seasons.

To have Glenn be alive after blatantly trying to show us he's dead would be a betrayal of the highest order in my opinion. Not only that, but there is no way in hell Glenn is getting out of there without 1 scratch or bite, even if they aren't his organs being spilled everywhere. It would be totally unbelievable and it'll really lower the show in my mind.

Excellent Rick stuff though, so eager to see how he gets out of this one (Help from Daryl I bet). While that scene in the RV when he was attacked was short, it was one of the best in the episode for me.

In conclusion = Glenn to stay dead, Rick to survive.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Crop View Post
    I think this was a pretty accurate reaction of mine to what happened:

Regarding the death, I'm actually genuinely surprised at how many people are saying they hope that Glenn is alive. While his death was sad, and I didn't want to see him go, I thought it added so much to the episode and show in general. It got back to that "anyone can go at anytime" kinda thing they had in the earlier seasons.

To have Glenn be alive after blatantly trying to show us he's dead would be a betrayal of the highest order in my opinion. Not only that, but there is no way in hell Glenn is getting out of there without 1 scratch or bite, even if they aren't his organs being spilled everywhere. It would be totally unbelievable and it'll really lower the show in my mind.

Excellent Rick stuff though, so eager to see how he gets out of this one (Help from Daryl I bet). While that scene in the RV when he was attacked was short, it was one of the best in the episode for me.

In conclusion = Glenn to stay dead, Rick to survive.
    yeah.. i think we all know on the inside that Glenn is gone.. but we just dont want to accept it

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Calling it now: Glen to come back as a white walker.

Blog Entries

I feel like I'm handling Glenn's death okay now. I wasn't ok when it happened.

However, I love Maggie and I will cry when she realizes what happens. And when she confirms that she's pregnant with Baby Glenn.

Also, while I wanted to know about how Morgan became a Jedi, I wasn't expecting to have an extended episode in middle of all this emotional stuff. AMC is stringing us along hard.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I really enjoyed the slowing down of this episode to calm everyone down from the last few hectic episodes. I really liked Eastman's character and i'm sad to see him go so quickly.

Poor Tabitha

The location they filmed at was beautiful though. I did enjoy that.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    Poor Tabitha
    RIP

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Glenn is as dead as Jon Snow.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Blog Entries

i knew Tabitha would die ;_;

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

This is the worst show on television. Jesus smurfing christ.

The level of stupid that we're supposed to accept in order for this show to chug along is astonishing.

Really, guy. You're going to turn your back on a zombie and be like, nooo, morgan, instead of just killing the zombie? Really Michonne + extras, you're going to just stand there staring at other extra dude being like, "oh no, you're being brutally eaten alive" instead of putting him out of his misery??" Girl with the limp, you're seriously not going to just shoot yourself in the head rather than waste your bullets on the zombies when you're overrun? smurf these people are stupid.

Arrrghghghgh.

Also, there is no way Glenn is dead. If he is, they were unnecessarily careful about the framing of shot. But for reals, he SHOULD be dead cause the excuse they're going to use for him being alive is just crazy pants. Not that I want him to be dead. I love Glenn. But yeah. Totes not dead.

I hate this show. But I keep coming back to it, so I guess they're doing something right.