Page 50 of 65 FirstFirst ... 30404445464748495051525354555660 ... LastLast

Thread: Walking Dead Season 8 - Unmarked spoilers for aired eps in thread

Blog Entries

I think that group in the woods is going to end up being The Saviors, and they have a system kinda like the hospital in Atlanta. Where you "owe" them from the minute you arrive.

AMC just seems to be out to win the Ultimate Troll Prize.

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

with credits to LoneWolfLeonhart for handing me this picture

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

HE'S ALIVE! YAY!

So what is with the annoying teen guy. What is he going to shoot carl? Like ugh. I could do without that plotline.

OH SNAP the tower fell! They are about to get their trout wrecked. But Daryl, sasha, and abraham have that fuel truck. I bet they are going to set trout aflame.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Most people that have been alive for really long aren't that dumb, Miriel. Though it remains to be seen how Morgan has managed this long because he is pretty dumb at this point. Rick is actually becoming more interesting. I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes more of a villain role similar to what The Governor was. The issue with that is a lot of his more renegade type people probably will not have any of that. Michonne was already like "can you smurfing not".

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I know everyone was saying "the guy fell on top of Glen" and "it wasn't him they were eating!" I never wanted Glen to die as he was one of my favourite character but... There is no way IN A MILLION SMURFING YEARS that he would still be alive even if the guy fell on top of him. They would both have been torn apart. I'd rather he just died and we had to deal with it.

The following sums up my feelings on the matter.

http://youtu.be/AVzX22lrWxA

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Well smurf it while we're at it can Shane be alive again now please? Oh wait I guess Rick is Shane now. smurf it bring back Merle.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I was just having that conversation that Rick is basically shane now and he killed shane for being shane before.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Still fuming that Glen is still alive. Every scene I saw him in last night I was just like "you shouldn't be alive".

I really hate it when shows insult your intelligence like that. Expecting us to believe that utterly ridiculous escape. I'm too invested in the whole show to stop watching now but after last night... I'm ready for the whole series to end now.

Glenn being alive has literally ruined the show for me.

And on the Shane thing, Rick killed Shane because the guy snapped only a few months after the outbreak after nothing that bad had (comparatively) happened, he was probably right to do it. Rick has finally snapped after leading the group for so long through some utter hellish situations. His transformation has been fairly gradual and at least makes sense.

But like I said, the show has been ruined for me now with Glenn being alive so who cares.

Articles

I would argue that the initial outbreak is a worse thing to live through than anything subsequent.

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shaibana View Post

with credits to LoneWolfLeonhart for handing me this picture
    close enough.

im really starting to dislike rick more and more. i know it wont happen but they can kill him off if it were up to me.
    and coooooralll.. atm he isnt even significant anymore. he adds nothing to the story/show.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    I'm too invested in the whole show to stop watching now but after last night... I'm ready for the whole series to end now.
    Sure you can. I did. And it feels good. Like a weight off my shoulders.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I love when people can suspend disbelief for a zombie apocalypse but demand a more realistic escape scene.

If you're pissed that Glenn made it out then you should be equally pissed that the bullet ricochet in the tank in season 1 didn't off Rick.

Or that Andrea was just a good enough shot to hit Daryl in the ear in season 2. Or hell, that Daryl didn't die of sepsis in season 2 from his woodland injuries. Or that he didn't suffer permanent brain damage or go into a coma due to concussion.

You should probably hate the fact that Glenn didnt already die in the prison in season 3 due to being near an explosion.

Or that Carl survived a gut full of buckshot after having major abdominal sugery in someone's bedroom.

Or that Judith was left unattended and strapped to an cars eat during an walker infestation/war and miraculously escaped.

Or that the huge storm that felled all the trees and took out the walkers in season 5 while our team was huddled in a barn should have dropped a tree or five on the barn itself, given their size and proximity.

My point is that this show has made crazy escapes and near misses into a meme. But this is the one that's too much? That goes beyond the what the rational mind can take?

Accept this brief moment of happiness for these characters in an unforgiving world as as gift. I get anxious enough watching this on as regular basis; if it just became "The Road" with zombies I think most people would have 0 enjoyment.

Signature by rubah. I think.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm sorry FOA but none of those examples are a patch on Glen's escape. I'll admit that some of the group are mighty fortunate to be alive, particularly Carl getting shot in the belly. He should have been a goner, or maybe that's just wishful thinking.

This is completely different though. Countless times in this series, we've seen a zombie horde overcome a human biting any part of them that is exposed. This is a regular occurrence and spells certain death for anyone involved. You can't then show two people fall into a horde of zombies (a much larger number than usual too), have the zombies choose not to eat one of them, that person then crawls under a bin, which zombies can't crawl under themselves for some reason, then after a while the zombies all decide to go for an early night. If there was fresh meat available they wouldn't have been distracted by anything else. It goes against everything the show has demonstrated as zombie behaviour.

Of course you suspend disbelief when watching this kind of show. All of those examples are valid in that they were very lucky. It's only when the show breaks its own rules that it is an insult to your intelligence.

Articles

Bubba you jackass, zombies aren't real. Gandalf and Dumbledore should be able to fly down in their X-Wings and unleash a friendly horde of velociraptors to rescue the cast from zombies without you questioning it!

The problem with it is that it removes all tension and danger from a show which is about tension and danger. If Rick, Daryl and Glenn were surrounded by walkers closing in, who would care? Who'd think "Oh trout, they're all going to die?" Heck, they could walk through a horde buck naked and slapping every single walker in the face with their todgers and come out just fine. At the moment they're trying to paint a dire situation for Alexandria, surrounded by the undead. I don't believe it. Tension gone. Rick, just walk out the gates and stab them all. You'll be fine.

It also sucked because they very deliberately tried to make the audience think he was dead, what with the several week break before we heard from him and the grieving of Maggie. SURPRISE, HE'S NOT! Cheap shot. And smurf me the "We thought they were dead but guess what they're NOT!!!!" cliché has been done to death, especially in this show. Look at the first smurfing episode! So okay, cool, Glenn's not dead, yawn, what else have you got?