Thread: Walking Dead Season 8 - Unmarked spoilers for aired eps in thread

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    WHAT

GLENN IS THE BEST. SHUT YOUR MOUTH.
    Correction. Glen WAS the best. He died. AND I MOURNED HIM, DAMMIT.

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

There really was a bunch of gunfire and stabbing. 11/10

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Whoa... first to comment this week? Can't have been many people's favourite episode. I actually thought it was pretty great! Maggie has had a couple of great episodes in the second half of the series. Her stomach cut didn't seem too deep though so maybe she can still give birth?

I was put off Carol after her ninja antics when the Wolves attacked the compound. More episodes like that though and she'll soon be back in my good books!

I kind of liked that red-haired woman from Negan's group so it's shame she couldn't have lasted more than one episode. That's TWD for you though!

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

I also liked her and was hoping she'd somehow not get killed and become a main character.

Oh well.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

T'was an excellent episode. As much as a conscience may get you killed in the zombie apocalypse, it's good that Morgan is getting through to someone. Especially someone we thought may be long lost by now. At a certain point someone does have to say no to the killing and push for peace. It's gonna be a long road before that person is Rick though.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Carol becoming more human again I think is a way for them to make her death more excruciating. It's weird seeing where they go with the characters and their development. Just as someone seems to be so far gone, something happens where it changes their perspective. I personally don't like this new Carol. Having a conscience gets you killed.

Rick is far gone and many of his choices have certainly been borderline, but I think it's ironic how probably the most PTSD person in the group, Michonne, is now one of the most humane and is his voice of reason. I felt like her character arc to get to this point was a lot more organic than Carol's though. For her, her strong relationship with Carl definitely helped her regain some peace of mind, but Carol had zero affinity with Morgan so that just seems strange.

Great series on the whole so far. I'm glad we've got this new big bad group in the form of Negan's group, as I feel that kind of conflict is the direction the show needs to take.

The only downside is the group is now what....20-0 against them? They're not coming across as very effective so far, it seems to be all hype, although I think that's more due to the fact that the writers seem to be terrified of killing off any main characters.

I felt they had this problem with the potential The Governor and Woodbury brought, but even they were more effective than these people!

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The thing to keep in mind about Neegan's group right now is that they are clearly very organized (multiple safe houses and locations, very spread out, and obviously have plans and protocols in place for various contingencies given their radio signals). They are also a lot more numerous than Rick and friends think.

So far Rick and the others have been lucky. The first group ran into three people on the road, underestimated them, and never counted on them having RPG's in the back of the truck when they sent one guy back their with one of the most dangerous people they had. Neegan's second group got taken out by people from a settlement they never even knew existed and didn't know were coming for them. No one they've dealt with to that point likely posed as much of a threat and they were blindsided.

But now they know someone is taking out their people. They know they're at war with someone and their guard is going to be up. But Rick and company think it's over.

Mark my words, this season is not going to end will for Alexandria.

Good points, and I hope that it plays out that way. I suppose I'm just cautious because of the track record of the show lately, especially since the whole Glenn thing, which I'm totally with Bubba on.

That said, can't be too down about it when it's my favourite series since the first!

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf Leonhart View Post
    Denise told Tara "I'll tell you I love you when I get back", which I think is supposed to make you believe something will happen to Tara on her run with Heath. But I think that's a red herring and something happens to Denise instead.
    Humblebrag emoji, but one that looks kinda sad

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I BLAME YOU FOR THIS. She was quickly becoming my favorite secondary. She became such a badass even before she went with Daryl and Rosita.

Also, Eugene is a badass too. And finally I am so scared for Daryl.

Signature by rubah. I think.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by fire_of_avalon View Post
    And finally I am so scared for Daryl.
    Good. I hope they actually have the guts to do it.

Blog Entries

This show is bad for my blood pressure.

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

He's been around for 6 seasons, he's the biggest star on the show, and he makes them a crap ton of money in merchandise. If Norman Reedus wanted to stay I think they would gladly keep him and he's outlive even Rick. But it seems like Reedus wants to go, so the writing is on the wall. I'm saying by the finale we'll lose Daryl, Glenn and Carol. And I will be heartsick for a week.

Signature by rubah. I think.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I really hope they do it! My one criticism of the last couple of seasons is that it's all too safe for the main characters. It's not what drew me to the show to start with, when it felt like anyone could die and rightly so given that it's a zombie apocalypse!

My own little half theory, half hope is that they'll kill Maggie instead of Glenn. How gut wrenching would that be?