Thread: Walking Dead Season 8 - Unmarked spoilers for aired eps in thread

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Has Lucille showed up yet? She was one of my favorite characters in the comics.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

She'll be in the premiere. They already showed her in the new trailer.

(Lucille is Negan's bat non-comic book readers)

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Just got to it today. What the crud. Why are they so stupid. They know that people die when they go out on their owns or in small numbers. why do they keep doing it?

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Because humans excel at rational thought and long term decision making?

I am so so tired of death teasing. The most effective deaths in this show come out of nowhere, or happen quickly, it doesn't matter how important the character is. Dale, T-Dog, Hershel, Beth...I didn't care about Denise but that was an excellent scene. Imagine if that happened to Morgan while he was talking with Rick, or Glenn as he was berating Daryl?

I already know Daryl isn't dead....yet. Shock teasers like that at the show just feel cheap imo.

Also, people acting stupid in this episode. Namely Daryl. Yet more Saviours dying with ease too. I have a feeling that the finale will be great though.

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Crop. Crop don't watch the season finale.

Like. I love this show. But for the first time I'm really super disappointed.

Signature by rubah. I think.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I love this show and often defend it where others don't. But even I have breaking points. That ending was absolute garbage.

We don't see who gets the bat, but we see the swing. Really? Most people, even non comic book readers, have heard so much hype about Negan that the "who gets the bat?" question was already on people's minds for the past 8 episodes. That was NOT the question people wanted to talk about for the next six months. Dividing someone's death scene between two episodes will now take the sting out of both episodes. No reveal in this episode, no time to re-establish love for the character in the next episode.

I listen to 3 Walking Dead podcasts and not a one of them think this was a good decision, not even creatively or from a ratings standpoint. To take a quote from The Watching Dead about Star Trek: "The cliffhanger isn't wondering which member of the bridge gets kidnapped, the cliffhanger is Picard gets taken by the Borg, now what do we do about it?"

You established hype for a villain all season long and we don't even know WHO we are mad at him over. Instead of giving your audience six months to build up hate for Negan, you're giving them six months to build up hate for the show itself.

Crew of the show have come forward in the past week saying things like "this episode is what fans have been waiting for". What part, exactly? The part where we don't know what happens?

The sad thing is the build up of the last ten minutes was genuinely suspenseful and had me on the edge of my seat. The fade to black was so anti climactic it hurts. I'm not alone. 99% of the feedback I'm reading on Twitter confirms what I'm feeling.

The Carol and Morgan stuff was compelling but I'm too angry to talk about what I liked this episode.

You could not hide the audience disdain for this show right now even if you hid it under a dumpster for 4 episodes.

I need my own podcast.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

What a piece of hot garbage.

Blog Entries

On Talking Dead last night, both Gimple and Kirkman tried to defend the decision to end it like that by saying that the story and tension for Season 6 belonged to the final scene with the Saviors and the introduction of Negan. They said the story of who dies and the fallout belongs to Season 7.
    While most season end on a cliffhanger, I get that, last night was just too much.

Anyone ready to speculate on who they think it is?

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Aaron because it's the most meaningless death possible.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I bet they haven't even written it yet.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Mehhh. I've been off and on positive about the direction they were taking the show this season. How the characters deal with their own ever-increasing brutality and ruthlessness is interesting to me. As much as people say this is just an action/suspense show, to me there's actual creative value there. There's good storytelling. This last scene does not belong in that category. I'm disappointed that they keep diving for cheap tricks like that and try to play it off as something artful when the only reason for it is to keep viewers hanging on.

Blog Entries

Chandler Riggs on Twitter last night : "If it makes you guys feel any better I still don't know how it is and I read the script 6 months ago."

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

The thing that's real aggravating going forward is that the death is going to get leaked before the season premiere anyway. Now that this is the number one question on everyone's mind, people are going to get Jon Snow'd if they even remotely follow Walking Dead fan sites or news articles.

Within the next couple months there's gonna be some grainy photo leak, or someone's going to be signed on to a big film that rolls during the walking dead, or there will be a distinct lack of promo shots. There's another thing, how do you even release a season 7 trailer at this point? Now that there's almost a dozen people on the chopping block, you can't just show 8 of them walking around Alexandria in the Fall trailer.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight