haha alright well done TWD

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

They should shoot a separate scene for every possibility. I think another show did something like that once.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf Leonhart View Post
    My theory, or more of a wish really, is that the next time Daryl is in trouble Dwight will save him by saying "save that kill for me!". Like there's a small part of him that's still good and says "you saved me back in those woods, we're even now. Next time you won't be so lucky".
    Regarding this, I think there's a portion of my theory that's still plausible. Maybe Negan doesn't send his message by killing people who are already maimed, as they'll be less likely to put up resistance after the fact anyway, so with this in mind Dwight went for a shoulder shot.

There's still a solid Dwight vs Daryl B-plot they could tell interwoven in the dominant A-plot of season 7.

What did I say? What did I JUST SAY?! Teasing deaths are the absolute worst, in a very bad way.

The rest of the episode? Great. Watching them in the RV driving around, seeing the tension build as you notice how much more powerful Neegan's group are compared to them was amazing. Watching it slowly dawn on Rick at every turn seeing him get more and more helpless was really excellently done, especially the look on his face at the end.
    The B plot with Morgan and Carol was good, still not too pleased with where Carol is, but I'm ok with it if we get to see Morgan as her teacher, like he was taught.

But then the ending, oh the ending, I say without any sort of hyperbole that it ruined the entire episode. All that tension built up and it went nowhere. Firstly while I enjoyed Neegan's introduction I felt the teasing he was doing went on a few minutes too long, but after all that to see that ridiculous PoV shot with blood streaming down the camera. Ugh, possibly the worst thing The Walking Dead has done....and that's saying something.

I can already see the first episode of next season, two things will happen: The group will be sent back to Alexandria and will be all sad for the episode and walking around talking, and Rick will have some sort of breakdown where he just sits there all useless or something. And I mean those are the only two things that will happen.

And you know what the funny (not "ha-ha" funny) thing is? About half the characters that could be killed are utterly irrelevant and I couldn't care less about them: Abraham, Aaron, Rosita, Sasha, Eugene. Don't get me wrong, these characters have their moments, but they should be mid season deaths period, not massive teaser deaths from the big bad after his climactic reveal. And I just KNOW it will be. It's a sad state of affairs when I'll be upset if Daryl or Michonne or whoever AREN'T dead.
    If you actually want a major character that you like to die then the show is doing it backwards. So so backwards.

UGH!

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Meh I wasn't that bothered by the cut off.

That's TV for you! They could have had a red wedding moment where you just stare, mouth agape at the brutality you just witnessed buuuuuuut they didn't do that. They went typical normal cliffhanger.

OH WELL

Fear The Walking Dead is next week so whatevs.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, the cliff hanger of who dies is mildly annoying but with how stellar the episode was until then and Jeffrey Dean Morgan stealing the show at the end I'd hardly say it ruined the whole thing for me. Looking forward to next season and some more of him as well as some all out war eventually (we all know the conflict with the saviours is going to continue and lead to copious amounts of blood and death eventually so I wouldn't even call that a spoiler).

I look forward to next season revealing just who it was that took it like a champ.

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm gonna say they stayed true to the comic, as they'll be even more hell to pay if they didn't.

Signature by rubah. I think.

I'm so tired of defending this show.

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

im not watching this anymore but im just going to leave this here

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

RIP Shaibana memes.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

She will just have to double her effort with GoT memes.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    She will just have to double her effort with GoT memes.
    ill do my best <3

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Season 7 trailer

And it's glorious. Season 6, we had some problems. It was you, not me. But I forgive you. You bought me a TIGER to make up for it. I love you.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Bump!

Only a few weeks to go! I watched the end of the last episode again last night and the introduction (finally) of Negan has reignited my interest in this show. Yes, it has problems. Yes, it has upset me no end. I'm just too invested in the characters now not to see it through to the end.

How are we feeling? Excited?

I'm excited. The last episode was great until the cop out right at the end, but that'll soon be solved.

I'm excited before every season though tbh. It won't take long to do something stupid and piss me off, but I do think the last season was the best for a while.