Page 6 of 65 FirstFirst 123456789101112162656 ... LastLast

Thread: Walking Dead Season 8 - Unmarked spoilers for aired eps in thread

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Not setting up your vehicle to be able to run over walkers is a very dangerous oversight.

That was not just walkers.. that was a gorram army of the undead.

EDIT - but I agree.

This season is going at a much slower pace than last, and I'm not so sure about it yet. I could take a few weeks off until some more story develops and just binge watch from there. Hmm, guess I'll have to see what next week has in store. I am curious on what will happen to Carol, and if this will cause a rift between Dixon and Rick though.

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

EXCEPT REPLACE BAXTER WITH CAROL AND BURRITO WITH KAREN AND DAVE.

I honestly don't know how I feel about Carol's banishment.

Signature by rubah. I think.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I don't know if Carol is gone from the show. At this point in the show people don't really leave unless they're minor characters, or they die. By my observations, anyway. I'd be willing to bet she'll still get screen time even on her own. We still don't know how the group will react when Rick comes back alone.

And what about the couple Rick and Carol found? Obviously they found the girl dead but the guy still has Ricks watch out there somewhere. It's a shame about the girl because I really like Brina Palencia's other acting work. Maybe we won't see the guy again, either.

I was almost right about Bob dropping that bag. Turns out he was able to save it, but it was pointless for the group as it was just more alcohol. I shoulda seen that one coming. And he was about to shoot Daryl over almost throwing the bottle? Dang, man.

I feel like a lot of the events in this episode were building tension for upcoming conflicts. It'll be interesting to see where they all go from here once the groups are finally all back at the prison again.

Judging by the previews of the next episode, it looks like the people who are sick with the flu are trying to find a reason to escape. Looks like there might be more deaths within the infected group or maybe another murderer. Whatever it is they want to get out and it looks like Hershel is intent on them staying put.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I'm confused on how she just accepts it. The banishment that is. She's just like "yeah okay. Sounds good. bye." What's daryl gonna do? They were buds.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

She did try to argue against it a bit, but at this point, I think she's so focused on doing anything to survive that she just kind of had to admit to herself that if she goes back no one would trust her and Tyreese would try to kill her. I do wonder if she'll be bitter about it, and maybe it will come back to bite them in the ass, but short of killing Rick and going back alone she didn't stand a chance in the prison.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, I kind of feel like Carol really didn't think what she was doing through. Or maybe she just thought her family would be able to accept that she committed this heinous act in order to protect them. What's that saying about becoming the monster to defeat the monster? I don't think we're done with Carol either, and I'm glad for that. The character has really developed into something unusual and interesting. I wonder if she'll link up with the Governor somehow? That'd be an interesting change of pace.

Last night I was angry with Rick for "banishing" her and reinstating some of the not so good policies of the Ricktatorship, but I think more than anything I disagreed with the reasons he gave her. That he had to protect the prison and Judith & Carl, that her ruthlessness was a threat to his way of life.

But I think under all of that Rick really wanted to give her a chance he knew she'd never have at the prison. She can go out into the new world and learn to be someone else. She has a freedom I think very few others have in the time of Wildfire - she truly has a chance to rebuild a life that has been tattered and broken for a long time. If she came back, the guilt and fear of someone finding out would hang over them all for the rest of their lives together.

I wonder if Rick will tell them the truth about what he knows. I can see Tyreese and Daryl both turning against him, Tyreese because he'll see Carol's banishment as her escape from whatever vigilante justice he'd dole out. And Daryl, I think Daryl will just worry about her and miss her. Who knows, maybe this really is a way to remove Carol and possible jealousy from a Daryl and Michonne relationship. FYI I do not ship Daryl and Michonne. Makes no sense to me. Michonne needs to be with someone cuddlier and sweeter. Daryl too.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Was waiting for that final scene. Knew it was probably coming with the virus stuff dying down. No pun intended.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Two things in last week's episode were problematic to me.

1. Why did did most of the strongest people decide to go off scavenging instead of staying at the prison?
    2. Rick leaving Carol behind even though she made the choice out of safety for the group and not out of malice. In the long run all of those people are going to die anyway. Would you rather they suffer and then turn in to a monster? At the stage their illness is at it's going to take more than just a few pills, and rubbing alcohol to help them.

Number 1 is especially troubling because when they actually needed the man-power in this episode hardly no one was there. They of course show up after Rick and Carl decimate everything. Perfect timing. Also, some how Glen is able to survive not becoming a zombie for this episode, but I don't think he will last much longer unless whatever medicine they were able to find actuall works.

None of this will actually matter in the long run because it's evident that One Eye McGee will try to smurf with them again. He was probably watching them the entire time waiting for the moment when they seemed their weakest.

Also Hershel may be the only optimistic and completely moral person left on this show and that's exactly why I dislike him here. No one with any morality would actually last very long in these situations. They'd eat up on the inside or get eaten by a zombie. He's had too many close calls to be alive at this point for doing dumb yet kind things.
    Last edited by Shiny; 11-11-2013 at 03:22 AM.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

The rick and carl bonding/shooting was great. Near every new person was killed. Glenn survived. And the governor is back! Michonne stops looking for him and there he is!

Everyone who was worried about all the new people don't have to worry anymore cause they are all dead. Besides creepy little girl. She's alive and creepy.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I think if Hershel had changed - if he'd let the hope drain out of him - he'd have died a long time ago. There's a reason they used that particular Steinbeck quote in tonight's episode; the line is from one of his last works, the travelogue Travels With Charley: In Search of America. The book is about an older, tireder Steinbeck, who is close to the end of his life, and his desire to reconnect with the wanderlust that encompassed his young adult life and see America again through the scope of his experience.

Hershel, like Steinbeck in Travels is an old man in a new world, and all he can do is react and cope with the new world through the scope of his experience, too. The quotation, "A sad soul can kill quicker, far quicker, than any germ" is obvious on its face - reaction to an experience can make healing from an illness or a tragic even take longer, a broken heart can render us helpless and a sense of hopelessness can leave us destitute and yielding to oncoming death. Hershel can hope - it's his greatest gift - and in hoping can inspire others to hope, and survive, as well. I can see being bored with that particular aspect of the story because a lot of people in various forms of media like to harp on the essential-ness of hope to survival of tragic events ... but the character I think is interesting in his flaws and his assets.

Also, I jumped up and yelled at my tv when that one eyed bastard showed up again. How come nothing has eaten his face off, yet?

Also, Carl is a badass. Hershel is a badass. Rick and his green beans are badasses. Whole bunch of badasses up in the prison.

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

*does not look at the comments but goes straight away to replyíng on this thread*

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO i forgot to record it last night :l ... i guess ill just have to watch it on the internet without subs D:

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    Was waiting for that final scene. Knew it was probably coming with the virus stuff dying down. No pun intended.
    The final scene disappointed me. I wish they had brought the Governor in as a surprise mid-episode in a "Where the hell did he come from?" moment instead of using him as an advertisement to watch the next episode of the show. Once again money and business trump quality storytelling.
    Figaro Castle

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Maybe the Governor was the one feeding rats to the zombies in an effort to make them pile up on that one part of the fence so it could intentionally collapse. But weren't the rats on the inside? Hmm.

And where are his subordinates? Guess we'll find out.

A lot of my predictions seem to go out the window. That's a good thing, though. It means I'm not guessing what's going to come next which is what I want out of a show.

Also what's up with Rick's hand? Is it just me or does the camera show his gauze wrapped hand a lot? For the life of me I can't remember how he got hurt. Someone's going to point it out to me and than I'll feel like an idiot for forgetting.
    Last edited by Lone Wolf Leonhart; 11-12-2013 at 06:25 AM.