Page 9 of 65 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415192959 ... LastLast

Thread: Walking Dead Season 8 - Unmarked spoilers for aired eps in thread

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Judging from last weeks previews I figured this would be a Governor centered episode. They've had a lot of character centered episodes this season. Last episode was mainly Hershel, before that was anyone who wasn't at the prison etc

If the previews for next week are any indication it will be another episode focused on the Governor. I don't really like going a few episodes without seeing the main group but I like the direction this episode took. They showed the human behind the monster and thoughts of his little girl made him care about a new little girl. It'll be interesting to see how he'll do under Martinez. I wonder how they split up in the first place. And what happened to the other guy that was with them?

Will they stay under Martinez though, or are they attempting to redeem him like they did Merle? Is that even possible for the Governor at his point? After last night's episode I was wondering if it was possible if the Governor may be returning to the prison for a different reason rather than ill intent, although probably not, and he would be pretty stupid to do so.

The next episode will have to be another Governor centric, and probably nothing on the prison team and it seems confirmed..
    Andrew Lincoln (Rick Grimes) recently told Atlanta Magazine “My job is to serve my character in the scripts that I’m given. I just read two scripts, both of which I’m not in. And I think they’re the greatest episodes we’ve ever had.”

The episode that follows that one will be the mid season finale, so I guess the natural stopping place will have to be something big like a new big quarrel with Woodbury and the Prison again, or something that puts all the major characters together. I still think the prison is going bye bye and very soon.

Last edited by Elskidor; 11-18-2013 at 08:23 PM.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

That was my favourite episode of this season so far by a long shot. Finally some new direction! I imagine this is only a temporary tangent they're not planning to make a habit of, but I kind of wish they would. I'd love to see more arcs about other people away from the group - Carol, for example. Other surviving groups.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

found this

made me laugh

Hilarious

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Like Pontus, this has been my favorite episode of season 4 and probably one of my favorite period. And I am (was?) an unabashed Governor hater from when he killed the military dudes in cold blood. I actually now find myself struggling to decide how I really feel about this man. He and Carol are a lot alike, I'm realizing, in their dedication to an idea or a group. Carol killed two people to protect her family, the Governor killed... a whole lot more to protect his town and his secret. And they both have found themselves in exile. But I miss Carol and I hate the Governor. ... But i might not hate Brian Heriot.

But they're both still wrong in what they did, because they allowed their humanity to take a backseat to what they love and obsess over. So. I don't know how to reconcile this inside my brain. AND HOLY CRAP DAVID MORRISSEY IS A GR8 ACTOR.

Signature by rubah. I think.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Definitely my favorite episode of season four too. Made me feel like, if I were Brian Heriot, I might've turned into a bloodthirsty dictator too.

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

my recorder didnt record it correctly.. it started somwhere halfway so ive seen the last 30 minutes and after that the first 12 minutes on the internet..

this episode was way to tame compaired with last weeks episode. i expected some actin.. but none

and who predicted that the Governer went back to Woodburry after i posted that he was standing very badass before a burning house?
    you were right after all ^^

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Lmao, that is so unsafe and hilarious.

Slightly different show, but watching the Norman and the crossbow reminded me of John Locke learning how to throw knifes by hitting a dollar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbpjoXm_5Fg

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

FOA'S INTERNAL CONFLICT IS NOW OVER, THE GOVERNOR STILL BATtrout CRAZY AQUARIUM ENTHUSIAST.

Signature by rubah. I think.

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I don't think The Governor has called the little girl by her real name yet. I'm waiting for him to call her by his daughter's name just to add to his crazies.
    Figaro Castle

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't see how anyone could have believed that he changed. Once you have gone so far in to the deep end as he has there is no coming back especially not during a zombie apocalypse. Also omfg a tank.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I almost feel bad for him because he clearly didn't want to be in charge and go to that place again, but feels like he was cornered into it. But then he keeps on being the Governor and all sympathy goes out the window.