Page 35 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1525293031323334353637383940414555 ... LastLast

Thread: Walking Dead Season 8 - Unmarked spoilers for aired eps in thread

Can’t wait for the second half of The Waling Dead fifth season that is gonna air on Feb 8

Over the last 3 or so months I've watched from Season 1 all the way to where it currently is, mid way through Season 5. Finally got to browse the whole thread

Even though the show can be fairly hit and miss, I've gotten so obsessed with it! Season 1 is certainly my favourite, and I'd even say the first ever episode could possibly be my favourite episode of them all. Each season has had its good points (some less than others), but I don't think any of them top the first yet.

I'm surprised that the first half of Season 4 didn't get more hate in the thread, it was hands down the stupidest part of TWD thus far, and I'm so glad that since then the show has been pretty much uphill, and I'd say it's currently the best it's been in a long while.

As for favourite characters - Rick (obviously), Daryl (obviously), I did really like Glenn in Season 1, but my god his character has gotten so bad, both him and Maggie with this ott l-o-v-e they have going on. It was laughable when she was so obsessed with finding Glenn on the way to Terminus, and never once mentioned her sister.
    Carl is hit and miss for me, seems to depend on the episode, Carol has had some awesome character growth throughout the show and is certainly one of my favourites now.

Also, I just finished Season 1 of TWD game by Telltale. Man, that was better than 99% of the actual show.

Really hard to condense my thoughts on all five seasons and the game in one post!

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Well we look forward to you joining us when it starts back up.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Fun news for some people, direct tv is doing an Internet service subscription much like Hulu where you will be able to watch a lot of cable channels for only $20 a month. I swear I'm not sponsoring them.

So you'll get to watch Walking Dead a lot more easily. Unless of course they decide not to include AMC in the subscription service.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

"I would not like my subscription package to include the channel which has the greatest show on television".

The fools they would be.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well I wouldn't be surprised since it's Direct TV we're talking about. They've threatens to ghost AMC before many times, but apparently it's AMC that are the ones who threatened to ghost Direct TV? O_o I really don't know, but I know they're at odds.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

One week!

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

First 2 minutes of the upcoming mid season premiere:

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

The. Best. smurfing. Show. On. Television.

From this point forward I'll be sharing my results from the walking dead story sync. I got Carol this episode. I'm definitely in favor of talking to people heading to dangerous grounds from a walkie talkie distance.

http://www.amctv.com/shows/the-walking-dead/story-sync

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

All of my tears. The only thing that would've made this episode harder to bear would've been if Hershel's head showed up in Tyreese's feverdream.

And POOR SASHA. That's all I can think now is poor Sasha. I'm going to a comic convention next month where Sonequa Martin-Green will be a guest and I might just bring her a sympathy card.

And also foreshadowing. D: So many of my friends are dead and so many are gonna die. I hate this show and I love this show.

Signature by rubah. I think.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I really enjoy that they showed us a scene out of context in the beginning. We randomly see blood spill on a picture and only later figure it out. This is something we haven't really seen since season 2 ie when Shane shaves his head in the fogged up mirror and we don't really get it until later in the episode.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

There have been good episodes of this show and bad episodes. Even with the bad ones, I felt that it wasn't a complete waste of time.

This episode was a complete waste of time.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I would be with you, Del, except that I love Tyreese. I really need to stop getting attached to non-safe characters.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

If I'm honest, I didn't really enjoy the whole Tyreese dream sequence. I don't know, bring dead characters back in dreams really grates on me for some reason. I thought the twist on the funeral (which you assumed was for Beth) was great though.

Overall, not one of my favourites. Other than Noah being upset about his home being overrun, not a lot happens really. It was almost like the writers thought "OK, so we're gonna kill off another character. Let's just waste an entire episode building it up with dream sequences and flashbacks."

I'm sure next weeks will be better.