Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 13435357585960616263

Thread: Walking Dead Season 8 - Unmarked spoilers for aired eps in thread

Let's get ready to bumble Vincent, Thunder God's Avatar
    Blog Entries

At first as I was watching I was thinking - "Am I the only one completely confused by what the actual plan of attack is here?" but then I read the AV Club review and the reviewer had the same criticism. I think they're going a bit too far with the "no explanation non-linear storytelling" approach so far this season - it's been a bit of a problem since season 6 really. I think I'd enjoy these convoluted attacks a lot more if I had any idea of what everyone's trying to do.

⎛⎝ High King ⎠⎞‏ Lone Wolf Leonhart's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

A lot of people had trouble following the last episode in terms of location.

I knew they were attacking the outposts based on Dwight's notes, and we've seen the satellite station before, but we have no context of where everyone is and how far apart they are from eachother. 4 different groups?

Carol and Ezekiel
    Aaron and Eric
    Rick and Daryl
    Jesus Tara and Morgan

Even among them people were wondering if some of those groups were in the same compound, just in different areas of the compound.

I'd still take doing things this way over the single plotline story telling of the past couple seasons. No more of this one episode at the kingdom, one episode at the hilltop etc. I'd rather they just have most people in every episode.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Pretty strong first two episodes. This gives me hope.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I only stopped into this thread because I saw Shiny post. I expected more.

Uh, so, did they kill off Rick yet?

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries

Not yet, but they really drove home in the first episode Rick saying "this isn't about me" and Michonne telling Carl "this is your show now". Seems like a big wink to the camera, so who knows.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Best episode of the season so far. So powerful.

As a comic fan I knew what was coming and it was still tough.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Sargatanas)

I feel like this entire season so far has just been automatic guns being fired and nothing else.

Yossarian Lives Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I've liked this season so far, but here's the most bizarre criticism of all time: What the smurf kind of self-indulgent TV show waits until fifteen minutes into the episode before playing the opening titles?

Articles
    Blog Entries

They didn't say it but I think it's apparent that Gabriel was bit when he got hit with the zombie waterfall.

Eugene has all his evidence lined up to prove Dwight is the inside man, but I think this is where his redemption arc finally gets some legs, and he finds a way to put it on someone else. Probably Simon, because there was tension between Negan and his right hand man more than once this episode. "If you were trying to sabotage your group from the inside, wouldn't you put all your faith in Gregory?" Something like that.

This is the version of Daryl I like the best, primal and no nonsense. I think once the writers learned that people like seeing Daryl cry and be vulnerable they started leaning into that side of him really hard but every once in a while the hardened lone wolf comes through and its perfect.