Page 63 of 65 FirstFirst ... 134353575859606162636465 LastLast

Thread: Walking Dead Season 8 - Unmarked spoilers for aired eps in thread

At first as I was watching I was thinking - "Am I the only one completely confused by what the actual plan of attack is here?" but then I read the AV Club review and the reviewer had the same criticism. I think they're going a bit too far with the "no explanation non-linear storytelling" approach so far this season - it's been a bit of a problem since season 6 really. I think I'd enjoy these convoluted attacks a lot more if I had any idea of what everyone's trying to do.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

A lot of people had trouble following the last episode in terms of location.

I knew they were attacking the outposts based on Dwight's notes, and we've seen the satellite station before, but we have no context of where everyone is and how far apart they are from eachother. 4 different groups?

Carol and Ezekiel
    Aaron and Eric
    Rick and Daryl
    Jesus Tara and Morgan

Even among them people were wondering if some of those groups were in the same compound, just in different areas of the compound.

I'd still take doing things this way over the single plotline story telling of the past couple seasons. No more of this one episode at the kingdom, one episode at the hilltop etc. I'd rather they just have most people in every episode.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Pretty strong first two episodes. This gives me hope.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I only stopped into this thread because I saw Shiny post. I expected more.

Uh, so, did they kill off Rick yet?

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Not yet, but they really drove home in the first episode Rick saying "this isn't about me" and Michonne telling Carl "this is your show now". Seems like a big wink to the camera, so who knows.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Best episode of the season so far. So powerful.

As a comic fan I knew what was coming and it was still tough.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

I feel like this entire season so far has just been automatic guns being fired and nothing else.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I've liked this season so far, but here's the most bizarre criticism of all time: What the smurf kind of self-indulgent TV show waits until fifteen minutes into the episode before playing the opening titles?

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

They didn't say it but I think it's apparent that Gabriel was bit when he got hit with the zombie waterfall.

Eugene has all his evidence lined up to prove Dwight is the inside man, but I think this is where his redemption arc finally gets some legs, and he finds a way to put it on someone else. Probably Simon, because there was tension between Negan and his right hand man more than once this episode. "If you were trying to sabotage your group from the inside, wouldn't you put all your faith in Gregory?" Something like that.

This is the version of Daryl I like the best, primal and no nonsense. I think once the writers learned that people like seeing Daryl cry and be vulnerable they started leaning into that side of him really hard but every once in a while the hardened lone wolf comes through and its perfect.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Rick taking out like 4 people in his underwear with a stick was really impressive.

I'm not really sure why that gave the garbage heapsters a change of heart, though.

I'm pleasantly surprised by Eugene's actions, it kept the episode unpredictable. It's still playing out but I didn't expect him to double down on his heel turn. He wants to help people I guess but not a single person at his own expense.

That overhead shot of the kite with the mp3 player on it was cool looking, it was unique for tv.

Articles

Yeah, Eugene is good, the garbage smurfers not so much.

I haven't even watched any of the episodes since the third. Going to have to catch up eventually. I think it's generally more fun to binge-watch. I used to watch all the Talking Deads as well but it might just be more fun watching the episodes in succession.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Someone getting bit off screen is a trope at this point and it's bulltrout. Especially a character that important. Imagine how much more impactful it would have been if Rick and Carl spent more than 3 minutes together each season.

I'm still not really sure I get how the Savior's escaped. They kind of brushed it under the rug as "Eugene's smart", but they established in just the last episode that he was running out of ideas.

If I divorce myself from those gripes, the episode itself was fantastic. A great half season overall.

I'm so proud of Maggie this season. I feel like she's really grown into her leadership. Definitely one of my favorite characters.

Articles

I agree entirely with what you said. I find it hard to believe Carl will die even though logic only points in one direction.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Oh and also

Character we've never seen before is conveniently in the backseat of Maggie's car so that they can kill someone we don't care about when Simon orders a death :/