Page 64 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1444545859606162636465 LastLast

Thread: Walking Dead Season 8 - Unmarked spoilers for aired eps in thread

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Hey we're back. Good episode, but a lot of the emotional weight was taken away by knowing who was going to die 3 months ago.Glad they got rid of the Kingdom saviors. I loved when Carl called Michonne his best friend. It's one of the relationships on the show that's totally believable and has been long lasting.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

So I decided to not bother watching this half season and just watch the finale instead. I genuinely don't feel like I missed anything of note and every new development (SPOILER)eg Rick going for the NEW WORLD was easily explained in just that episode. This show really is all fart and no trout.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Yeah nothing really happened at all.

This show needs to call it.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I saw the finale in a theater. Really enjoyed watching with a crowd.

When I look back on this season I enjoyed it but not a lot happened when I think about it.

The trash people are gone. A lot of anonymous people from every group are gone. Negan's going to Jail. And that basically describes 8 episodes.

Simon was the highlight of this season. Steven Ogg steals the show. But he died, too.

There's no reason Rick vs Negan should have lasted two and a half seasons. The introduction of the Saviors to now has been 40 episodes.

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

This had the potential to be a pretty great storyline, but it did get drug out for way too long.

I’ve mostly lost interest in the show, but my wife still makes me watch it.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Honestly, this would have been a great time to end the series. The zombies are a manageable threat, they just defeated a large adversary, and all that's left now is for the 5 communities to grow and rebuild society. If you take out the plotting Maggie scene, it could have been done.

They don't show any signs of slowing down, though. The show does really well for AMC. Even the Talking Dead after show get's more views than most things on the channel. It's a cash cow they don't want to kill.

I liked this season more than the last two, but season 5 Terminus is still the peak Walking Dead year.

The hope going forward is that with a new showrunner and potentially a time jump, season 9 acts like a soft reboot to the show. But I'd bank on it being more of the same.

I'm really struggling to even get to the mid-season break, and this is coming from someone who used to be a huge fan. I don't know if I'll ever finish the season. If I do it'll probably be dropped for good after that.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Barry... where’s Barry?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

So... Andrew Lincoln is leaving The Walking Dead.

Following in the footsteps of 90% of the show’s audience.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Maybe they'll just put the show to rest.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I had a lot of thoughts about how they never should have killed Carl, or how they're now reportedly driving a monster truck full of money into Norman Reedus' lap to take up the leading man role.

But honestly, as a show set in the zombie apocalypse, they should have taken a Game of Thrones approach from the start. Anyone can die at anytime. You avoid the golden goose that way. And it's more realistic.

They should have just ended it last season.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It'd be funny if they decided not to kill him off. Keep his spot open for a possible return.

AMC Exec: "How about this, guys! Rick leaves the group to start his own business selling furniture made out of the rotting flesh of walkers! He returns three years later when he has to file for bankruptcy."

Either that or they could go full Bobby Ewing. Have Rick start season 10 in the shower at Alexandria having dreamt the last five years.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

The more I think about it the more flabbergasted I get.

So the whole shtick of Rick's motivation was how he passed on his leadership skills and knowledge of the world to Carl to help his son survive as a young man in the apocalypse, but then when the writer's decided to axe Carl, they pulled a switcharoo and decided that actually the son was teaching the father about humility and true leadership.

So now when Rick leaves are they going to pull a double switcharoo and reveal that it was really all about how Rick wants to impart his knowledge and wisdom on to his infant daughter?

The reason Carl was shot in the chest and the face was so that when he became a true leader in this world, you wouldn't feel like he got through unscathed. His mom's dying words were about how he was going to beat this world. The narrative inconsistencies in this show shamble on worse than the zombies.

I'm also really disappointed with where they've gone with FtWD Season 4. It was just getting somewhere interesting at the end of Season 3. If they wanted to do a Morgan side story, they should have made a new spinoff or incorporated it into the main show (they're going to have less characters to work with there soon anyway). FtWD should have stayed as the story of the Clarkes, Salazar and Strand - a time jump with new characters ruins the original idea of the show. I've only started watching the first episode, but I've read some spoilers for later in the season and it looks like it only gets worse from there. Also I still haven't finished season 8 of the main show, so I'm kind of lost when the new FtWD starts after that with Morgan and Jesus - pretty ridiculous for what was originally meant to be a prequel show.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Negan is being added to Tekken 7 so.....that's a thing.

Noctis is in that game too so if you're in the niche crowd of people who want to see a final fantasy vs walking dead 1v1 this thread in this forum is the ideal place for you.