Page 60 of 65 FirstFirst ... 104050545556575859606162636465 LastLast

Thread: Walking Dead Season 8 - Unmarked spoilers for aired eps in thread

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Ehhh I thought when everybody hates Chris kid got ripped apart at the revolving door was waaaaaay worse.

I mean this was bad, but it wasn't as bad as we've seen on this show. Everyone was hyping it like it was the goriest thing ever and it under delivered for me on the expectations I had from what everyone had been hyping throughout the day. Still bad, just not as bad as I was led to believe it was going to be frome all the people I saw saying it was so gross they're quitting the show.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

In all seriousness now, I think it was just the fact that the gore was happening to one of the most popular characters. Also, human-on-human does make it hit home more for people.

I agree there have been far more gross deaths than Glenn's.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

The thing that had me tearing up the most was surprisingly not the death scenes, but the "what could have been" thanksgiving style dinner at the end. Seeing Glenn hold his son at the head of the table.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I remember getting to King Ezekiel and his Kingdom in the comics and thinking it was the first time I felt like The Walking Dead was a cartoon. Zombie apocalypse aside, this was the first time it felt like a work of fiction instead of a "what if?" survivalist scenario.

The thing I liked about this episode is that they were quick to acknowledge the absurdity. Carol calls his BS early on and speaks out for the audience that has an eyebrow raised.

As far as the end goes, it looks like Carol and Morgan came to a compromise? She gets her own place where she can be left on her own like she wanted, but in exchange Morgan at least has the knowledge of where that place is? At least that's what I took from it.

I enjoyed this episode, I just wish they had a way to keep the plot moving forward aside from the "Here's the 3 people we're following this episode" that they've been doing since season 4.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I like King Ezekiel and his tiger, but then how many times has the series pulled the "no, seriously you guys, we have a normal community with COBBLER and CHOIRS it's totally safe for REALS this time!" card?

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    I like King Ezekiel and his tiger, but then how many times has the series pulled the "no, seriously you guys, we have a normal community with COBBLER and CHOIRS it's totally safe for REALS this time!" card?
    Aside from some saviours racketeering (SPOILER) it actually is safe this time. For now anyway.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Someone at work set up a conference room to be a haunted house, and inside you had to play out the Neagan scene from the first episode in the dark. We all had to line up and he eaney meany miney moed us. Then he 'picked' a person and proceeded to beat the snot out of them with a bat, his 'guts' (squirt guns) getting sprayed all over us.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

So nobody cares about this any more then?

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

The focus on single plot line storytelling is doing real damage to the pacing of this show.

Instead of getting one episode in Alexandria, one episode in the Kingdom, and one episode at the Savior's compound, can't we just visit each location for 10 to 15 minutes an episode?

If I can follow Game of Thrones doing 14 storylines at once, I can follow The Walking Dead visiting 3 settlements.

Denise died like 7 episodes ago and we still have no idea how Tara feels about it. Or where Tara and Heath even are. We waited 6 months to see Glenn die and now an additional month to even see if Maggie is doing alright in the aftermath.

Last week didn't need to be 90 minutes long. Most of that extra time was commercial advertisement. And the whole episode was Negan walking around Alexandria.

But a little bit of Negan goes a long way. I heard a podcaster say "Jaws would be less scary if the shark was on screen for 20 minutes at a time. The horror is in the anticipation."

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I feel the same. So much so I haven't even watched this weeks episode yet. I go to watch it in the evenings and keep finding something else I'd rather do.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm teetering with this show. So, so bored.

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I didn't mind this episode, but the season has been boring after that first episode. I feel like the past 4 episodes should have been done in 2 regular length episodes max. It kind of feels like they just don't know what to do next so they are dragging everything out.

In any case, it's inspired me to start reading the comics just to see if the negan stuff is more interesting at all. Be a while before I get to that point, but I'm glad the comics are pretty different from the show so I still don't really know what's going to happen next.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I hope they learned their lesson from that last cliffhanger.

If the finale this Sunday ends on Rosita firing a bullet and we don't know if it hits or not I'm jumping out the nearest window.

The single plotline storytelling really did damage to this season. In what other show can you get away with showing your main character only 30% of the time? 7 episodes in and we've seen Maggie twice? Carol and Morgan once?

All that's really happened this season is establishing how scary Negan is with 2 deaths that should have happened last season.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Still haven't watched last week's