Page 1 of 65 1234567112151 ... LastLast

Thread: Walking Dead Season 8 - Unmarked spoilers for aired eps in thread

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Walking Dead Season 8 - Unmarked spoilers for aired eps in thread

I had a sneak peak of things to come for Walking Dead at NY Comic Con, but they really only gave away one thing: (SPOILER)Moss tree zombie is awesome.

The deer and pig dying is interesting. I wonder if that's connected to why Patrick died.

Steven Yeun has amazingly smooth skin. I wonder if he uses coco butter...

Clara reminded me of that guy from Walking Dead Game who kept the head in the bag. So creepy.

Speaking of Walking Dead Game, I have a feeling that we'll be seeing some characters from there once they venture to Macon.

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

HAY FRIENDS IT HAS BEEN A FEW MONTHS EH?

Please make sure you mark your comic book spoilers in thread! No one wants possible future plotlines detailed.

Violet the pig is dead. Is that a somber reminder that our favorite apocalypse survivalists are just barely hanging on? Or is there some kind of new, terrible disease going around? The thing is I don't remember seeing any animals affected by Wildfire in the show, so far. It'd be kind of weird to start now, if we consider the fact that this is the going into the... I think third summer the group has survived? I think it's the third because season 2 picked up almost right where season 1 left off which would have been the first summer, still.

Anyway THAT GUY ZACK DIED AND BETH WAS ALL NO BIG DEAL.

I couldn't remember Hershel's name for the entire show.

Judith has a lovely bonnet.

It rained zombies and it's all because of that alcoholic dude. IT RAINED ZOMBIES DOE.

Did anyone feel like the headless husband Eddie was ttly a reference to Game of Thrones? Probably not BUT I LOL'D.

Do you think that dead Harry Potter is going to eat baby Judith I AM SO FREAKING AFRAID SOMEONE IS GOING TO WALK IN ONE DAY AND FIND THAT A WALKER HAS EATEN BABY JUDITH. I honestly am more afraid of this than most things that could happen in my actual life.

Are Daryl and Carol ever going to have the best rhyming name hook-up? IDK MAYBE.

Signature by rubah. I think.

The Walking Soap Opera continues...

Did the new season start today?

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It started yesterday.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I knew the eye bleeding zombie was shown too many times. He first pan to him outside the gate I was like wtf happened to him that's different. Then it showed him again later and I was all " OK something is up with that eye bleedage." Then that kid got sick. Wtf is with that?

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Fun fact for Final Fantasy fans, Vincent Martella who plays newcomer Patrick in this season of The Walking Dead is also the voice of Hope in the Final Fantasy XIII games.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
    Speaking of Walking Dead Game, I have a feeling that we'll be seeing some characters from there once they venture to Macon.
    That would be cool, but I doubt it considering (SPOILER)Most of the characters in that game die and I imagine those left alive will have their plotlines played out in the sequel to the game.

I would however like to see characters from The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct show up. It's more wishful thinking than anything. For those who don't know, a woman named Scout gave Daryl his trademark red handkerchief in this game before they went their separate ways. I always liked thinking that it was her way of saying they would see each other again. I'd like to see her in the show. But again, wishful thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by fire_of_avalon View Post
    Anyway THAT GUY ZACK DIED AND BETH WAS ALL NO BIG DEAL.
    This reminded me of season 2 when she felt like she wanted to commit suicide and Maggie told her she still had her family and Jimmy to care about her. Beth said something like "What I've been dating him for 3 months and now I'm married to the guy?". It seems like she has some sort of issue connecting with guys, or at the very least she's accepting the inevitabilities of the apocalypse.

It rained zombies and it's all because of that alcoholic dude. IT RAINED ZOMBIES DOE.
    I loved that scene! I thought it was a great way to start off season 4 with a bang.

Overall I'm very pleased with the direction this show has gone coming in to season 4. I was unsure at first about how I would feel about all these new castmembers coming in from Woodbury to the prison. I felt like having to develop all these new characters would take screen time away from our small core group. If the first episode gives us any insight into how this season is going to turn out, though, I don't think that's going to be an issue

Does anyone have predictions on what they think is going to happen this season? As for myself, I see Michonne and the Governor taking each other out somehow.

I also see something breaking apart Glenn and Maggie. The end of last season hyped up the 2 of them getting married, and this season in the first episode they had a pregnancy scare. Happy relationships don't tend to last long in The Walking Dead, so I see something pulling them apart. One of them dying or something otherwise bad happening.

edit: I was glad to see that Norman Reedus got second billing in the opening credits next to Andrew Lincoln. I remember back when he was the last name to show up.
    Last edited by Lone Wolf Leonhart; 10-15-2013 at 12:18 AM.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Freaking Michonne smiling is like seeing a goddamned white stag walking on its hind legs. I am wondering if the writers got the message about everyone disliking her somber and spiteful attitude during the last season. She smiled a whole bunch and even laughed and joked this season! Great beginning of the season for her character. I was dreading seeing her on screen.

Rantz and I watched this together and something was totally not right about that woman Rick found in the forest. He speculated she had been eating meat that the walkers were eating and that's why she looked so deathly sick and barely human. It provides an explanation as for why she went for that deer that walkers had clearly gotten to first. Something was definitely wrong with her. When they got back to her little campsite, we thought she just had an "imaginary husband" or that she was going to cannibalize him, but NO THERE WAS A BAG ON THE FLOOR ABOUT BODY-LENGTH and yep, zombie husband was definitely in there. Why Rick didn't lop both their heads off is beyond me; seems like asking for trouble.

I am suspecting that the virus is mutating and that is what affected Violet The Pig and Harry Potter Kid (lol foa we thought he looked like a Harry Potter/Malfoy combo xD). And then I am thinking of some super wild conspiracy speculations, that the governor maybe is behind something of feeding walker meat to the pigs and the humans consume the pigs and thus get sick like Harry Potter Kid. How the Governor would be involved, though, I don't know. They seem to have a pretty populated place and I am sure it is patrolled frequently.

Seems like an okay start. I'm not hating it, but like with the past seasons, I am wondering where it can go and what new spin they can put on this series to keep it from getting boring. Maybe that's what they are hoping to do with a mutated virus. In the sneak peek for next week's episode, Carol says, "There aren't many of us left." I don't know if she's referring to non-walkers or if she's referring to their group with all the newcomers after the Harry Potter Kid unleashes hell as a walker.

Looking forward to next week!

edit: Bored of Maggie and Glenn. One of them will end up dying this season.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    Seems like an okay start. I'm not hating it, but like with the past seasons, I am wondering where it can go and what new spin they can put on this series to keep it from getting boring. Maybe that's what they are hoping to do with a mutated virus. In the sneak peek for next week's episode, Carol says, "There aren't many of us left." I don't know if she's referring to non-walkers or if she's referring to their group with all the newcomers after the Harry Potter Kid unleashes hell as a walker.
    I agree. It was a nice premiere with plenty of set-up and some cool action scenes, but I fear that the show might rest back and do another 'Hershel's Farm' season in the prison where they just kind of sit around and argue with each other. I was hoping to see the last of that. Maybe it won't be like that once Harry Potter Kid raises amok and thins the herd a bit.

This show is much better when there is a real threat from without and not some subtle threats from within.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

This might be my favorite episode so far. It was nice to see everyone actually doing well for once; I get sad when people spend too much time getting kicked while they're down. I kind of want to see this whole season just be them living happily and killing walkers on the fence. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf Leonhart View Post
    Fun fact for Final Fantasy fans, Vincent Martella who plays newcomer Patrick in this season of The Walking Dead is also the voice of Hope in the Final Fantasy XIII games.
    That fact was indeed fun.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    edit: Bored of Maggie and Glenn. One of them will end up dying this season.
    If they die there's no sex. I can't have that.

It's only boring because this is the calm before the storm episode. This will definitely not be another Hershel Farm. trout is going to hit the fan by episode 2 and continue to blow fecal matter everywhere up until the end of the season.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Aaah, I completely forgot that Harry Potter Kid specifically thanked Daryl for bringing back a deer and talked about eating it or something. And then there's Violet. Between those two things, it definitely has to be some sort of mutated animal contagion of the virus. But if Daryl brought that deer back, other people must have eaten it, too. I've definitely wondered why the walker virus doesn't seem to affect animals or turn animals the way it does humans. Maybe it's adapting! And maybe that's how all hell breaks loose next episode - everyone who ate the deer turns and Harry Potter Kid was just to show the start of it.

Buuut I just read something about the water, too -

Quote Originally Posted by someone on tumblr, idk
    Okay, the amount of times they showed shots of water in last night’s episode literally made me say, “there’s something wrong with the water.” Patrick, the kid who died in the shower at the end was bleeding from the eyes. Bleeding from the eyes is a symptom of Ebola, a virus contracted through contaminated water.
    Now that I think about it, they did specifically show water a few times - definitely with that barrel and some other things, as well as focusing up on the water from the shower quite a bit. But Harry Potter Kid was sick before he got in the shower, so I am still stuck on the animal thing.

We don't have all the pertinent information!

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I guess we'll just have to watch the show or something

I didn't think about the water but that makes sense. I was going with the animal thing.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I think it's interesting that they are just now starting to even acknowledge the idea that they need to be careful about the things they eat and drink or the blood that splatters on them from the walkers. I mean from the beginning this was just such an unhygienic show. I would grimace every. single. time. people would kiss and they have zombie guts all over them. Ew ew ewwwwww.

I was thoroughly surprised when black alcoholic guy did not die in the store. As soon as they introduced a new black character, I figured he would be toast. But maybe enough people have complained that they'll stop doing that kind of trout?

I also will never understand why ALL of them don't wear the kind of protective gear Glen was wearing. Silly people.

Harry Potter kid at the end was one of the most gruesome haunting images I've seen on this show. It was ghastly.

Overall I thought it was a good episode. But I fear all the woodbury people are gonna end up dead. Killed too many of the core cast already? Time to bring in new characters to slaughter!

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Shlup View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf Leonhart View Post
    That fact was indeed fun.
    He is also the voice of Phineas in <i>Phineas and Ferb</i>. They discussed this in Talking Dead after the show.
    Figaro Castle