Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spira would be the best universe for a Final Fantasy MMO

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    It does have a lot of stuff people would look for in an MMO I guess. And it probably would be perfect actually. MMO's are boring as hell so they should have a really boring setting to go with them.
    I know you don't like FFX, but you can't deny that there are some really gorgeous places. The Moonflow? The Farplane? Macalania Woods/Lake? Zanarkand? Come on now, seriously.
    I like FFX more than I let on sometimes. It's all right in spots, but it is one of the worst FF titles.

Personally though, the art style never sat well with me. It's not really bad on any technical level and the graphics themselves are well done for the time (except the few times they decided to use really awful, low res pre-rendered backgrounds for no reason at all), but the art doesn't hit the spot for me. If I liked MMO's and wanted one based on a single player FF title, I'd probably go with something like FFXII, or one of the earlier FF's like the SNES games. I feel like a modern re-interpretation of VI's world could have some interesting places to visit/revisit.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I'd play it, assuming it's F2P.

Quote Originally Posted by Elskidor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    vivi, mmos aren't boring when you have the right people to play with!
    If I need to play with the right people for a game to not be boring then it's not the game that's good.

That's how I felt when people tried getting me into WoW, AND Gawwwww..WoW sucks. Go back to the original poor graphics Everquest and find real mmo pleasure. Then again my true gamer friends never really could play the cheese that is WoW. But Spira could make a good mmo world, in all honesty, but so could any FF world. It's the game play that matters. The world just builds itself around the awesomeness or suckiness of the game created around it....it thrives if the game is good and burns if the game is bad.
    Ah, I remember Everquest. Never did get to play it, but I got to watch my brother spend hours on it.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

If I need to play with the right people for a game to not be boring then it's not the game that's good.

Wait... So you're saying a game in the genre of MASSIVELY MULTIPLAYER online rpg doesn't require people to be enjoyable? Wouldn't that just be a RPG?

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Spira, as it exists is too small for an MMO. If they made the map bigger and made new continents I could see it being a good spot for an MMO.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Wait... So you're saying a game in the genre of MASSIVELY MULTIPLAYER online rpg doesn't require people to be enjoyable? Wouldn't that just be a RPG?
    No, I'm saying that if the people you're playing with are the only thing that's enjoyable then there's a problem. The actual game mechanics in every MMO I've ever played are so unbelievably tedious and boring that the game itself is trout. The community might be cool, but that doesn't mean the game is any less dull. Just means I should probably hang out with those people in a game that doesn't suck.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

You should just play GW2 with me and you'll have fun. come to the no subscription fee darkside

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I would prefer an Ivalice MMO, but I wouldn't mind a Spira MMO. I don't like FFX, but that's not because of the setting which was beautiful. So long as I don't have to listen to a bunch of annoying voices (to go with the rather annoying characters) then I should be okay.

Of course, I still prefer the idea that SE have gone with - making new worlds entirely for the MMO's they create.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

You should just play GW2 with me and you'll have fun. come to the no subscription fee darkside
    I find the lack of a subscription fee intriguing. Shame I'm poor.

Blog Entries

It would, but they'd have to drastically expand pretty much everywhere.

Then again, that'd go for like all of any normal Non MMO Final Fantasies.

I think having the ability to go back in time to Zanarkand in its prime for certain missions would be killer as chuck and seeing -everything- .. omg.

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Elskidor View Post
    That's how I felt when people tried getting me into WoW, AND Gawwwww..WoW sucks.
    It's the game play that matters. The world just builds itself around the awesomeness or suckiness of the game created around it....it thrives if the game is good and burns if the game is bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    With over seven million subscribers as of July 2013, World of Warcraft is currently the world's most-subscribed MMORPG, and holds the Guinness World Record for the most popular MMORPG by subscribers.

As for the topic of the thread itself. Spira would be a great place to set an MMO in for sure, especially with locations like Macalenia. Also who wouldn't want multiplayer Blitzball, step aside PvP battleground - Blitzball is in town.

Just a crazy thought I had, but what if you set the world during the wars between Spira and Zanarkand?

Two Sides: Zanarkand, Spira, and the wildcard: Sin

If Zanarkand starts to falter: The world slowly turns into The Spira we know today

if Zanarkand begins to win, the gameworld turns into an alternate-reality type Spira.

Don't know how it would work......but I've always been facinated by this type of MMO conflict

Then you have to deal with the Summoners, Yevon, and all kinds of crazyness and drama.... could be intense!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I find the lack of a subscription fee intriguing.
    Pic 2.jpg

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Ivalice would be better
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?