Thread: Getting Away

The Nerd Who Knows Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Getting Away

Am getting tired of this little military town that I reside in. The stress of it is getting to me.

So I am leaving. Road trip time. Taking my happy ass on a 150 mile road trip to Raleigh tonight.

What do you do when you just need to get away?

<PaperStar> live fast, die young, bad plefs do it well

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

I go home to my ma and pa!

Blog Entries

Yeah, thats like 3000 miles for me.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

In the past I've taken little six-hour-or-less road weekend road trips, too. Only took one this year, which is disappointing. I would have liked to take more.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I took a two hour road trip to visit my family today!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    In the past I've taken little six-hour-or-less road weekend road trips, too. Only took one this year, which is disappointing. I would have liked to take more.
    At least you went to Scotland and Utah, and I don't know if there was anything else.

I haven't really gone anywhere of any interest in years aside from going to Halifax to see Rush. And while Rush was awesome, I hate Halifax so it doesn't count. Mostly if I need to get away I'll just go for a drive and drive my cars in ways that would have me losing points on my license if cops caught me (nothing actually dangerous though).

Blog Entries

I love short little road trips.. like taking a weekend to go somewhere close..

I feel your pain, Pants.. I live directly across from Gate 1 @ Ft. Campbell, so the whole place is crawling with soldiers. And Clarksville is so damn far away from stuff (besides the KY state line, anyway) it's hard to go do anything besides movies and shopping.

I want to take a weekend and rent a cabin down where my mom and dad used to have their boat docked. It's on the TN River, away from everything.. it's nice to just go and spend time there ... I'd love to surprise my parents with this. They used to get a cabin for a week for Christmas and we'd all go and stay with them. It was so much fun.

I want to try and do that this coming Summer when it's warm so that we can swim and maybe rent a boat to go out on.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I just lived with a friend for a month who lives roughly 1300 miles away. I drove.

Nothing says getting away like driving in your car for 24+ hours by yourself and than doing it again a few weeks later

I'm done leaving for now, though the experience has made traveling a potential long term hobby of mine if I have a goal in mind. I'd like to meet more online friends in the future.

Time to relax at home. For now, getting away means immersing myself in things I can distract myself with without actually having to leave.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

I don't frequently feel like I need to get away from my hometown because I love it here so much. Sometimes I need to get away from the house so I go to the store or something.

My life is super exciting.

Blog Entries

I really enjoyed being able to get out of this little town and back into a city. I guess I really miss the city more than I thought. It was nice to get that city feel.

Microwaving canned bread TrollHunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Really, I live in the mountains. I can just go on a day-long-hike or a weekend camping trip. It gets the job done very well.
    All of my friends live 1700 miles away from me, so its pretty hard to go visit.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

I live about half an hour from Hong Kong so right now that's my get-away destination of choice. It's different enough from Mainland China to make it seem like a complete change of scenery. And there's so much to do there that any mood that strikes me can be satisfied. Good Western food? Yes. Beaches to camp out on? Got that. Mountains to climb? Check. Ballin' clubs? O U KNO IT. The only drawback is that HK is astronomically expensive.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I want to "get away" in the fashion of moving back to Kansas City. I miss it so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I venture to Omishville, PA. Dirt roads, horses, cows, and cornfields. When I want to get away from the hustle and bustle of city life I go here.