Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Artwork for new TCG inspired by Triple Triad

Greetings all! We are pleased to showcase more development work on our customisable characters within the world of Eminence. Stay tuned for further updates.

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Finally in-game stuff! Looks great.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Alayna Mae (Sargatanas)

Oh man, those characters look so great and diverse in hair/gender/whatnot. Are there different skin tones too?

My future is fuelled by the fires of words, wit and companionship.

Quote Originally Posted by Aulayna View Post
    Finally in-game stuff! Looks great.
    Thank you Aulayna!

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Mae View Post
    Oh man, those characters look so great and diverse in hair/gender/whatnot. Are there different skin tones too?
    Hello Miss Mae, thank you for your compliments. Yes, players will be able to fully customise looks, skin tone, accessories and colourizing of armour.

We are pleased to reveal a sneak peek of our card battle system!

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

It seriously looks fantastic. The only critique I have is that it's a bit hard to follow which cards belong to which player as the game progresses. In Triple Triad, the whole background takes on that colour. Not saying you should do that, but with all the other cool effects and eye candy, and the player colour only being details on the edges, it's a bit harder to keep an overview.

That's a pretty minor gripe though. Loving it

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Alayna Mae (Sargatanas)

Oh man, this looks so smurfing cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Rantz View Post
    It seriously looks fantastic. The only critique I have is that it's a bit hard to follow which cards belong to which player as the game progresses. In Triple Triad, the whole background takes on that colour. Not saying you should do that, but with all the other cool effects and eye candy, and the player colour only being details on the edges, it's a bit harder to keep an overview.

That's a pretty minor gripe though. Loving it
    The numbered sides on each card are colour coded based on who is blue / red. I can understand where you're coming from and we may implement additional design aesthetics to bring out the players cards more. Thank you for your suggestion, it means a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Mae View Post
    Oh man, this looks so smurfing cool.
    We appreciate your comments as always Miss Mae, hope all is well!

Cards of the first three Divisions. Who will you pledge your allegiance to - #Aeterna, #Ixion or #Wilkurse?

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Wilkurse looks like my jam. #TeamWilkurse

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Alayna Mae (Sargatanas)

Out of those three, I have to vote #TeamAeterna.

Curious to see the set of red cards from the preview video. They look quite carnival-esque and really awesome.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Not sure which one is my favourite. Definitely the first, second or third, though.

Introducing the Hollows Division. Find out the identities of these warriors over the coming weeks!

Introducing Malphas - The Uncrowned King and first card of the Hollows Division.

Blog Entries

Omigosh, I need to lurk the art forums more so I don't miss stuff like this.

This is looking absolutely awesome for the most part and as a pretty big Triple Triad fan (and TT tournament champ ) I'm very interested.

After watching the gameplay video, I do have some things I'd like to bring up though.

First of all, I noticed that no Same rule was in play. Will Plus/Same rules (or similar rules) exist in the game?

Secondly, I noticed that "combos" seem to activate from taking over a card the normal way (with a stronger number) which doesn't happen in TT. I don't have a direct problem with that, however... having played a whole lot of PvP Triple Triad, I can clearly say that the person who gets to put down the first and the last card always has a slight edge. In TT, this is mostly because - if you have the opponent's cards figured out, you can either force a situation where your last card placed will combo and the opponent can do nothing about it, or you can ensure that you just take enough cards with your last card to either win or force a draw.

...in a case where simply taking over any card results in combos, the player placing the last card gets an even greater advantage. A far too big of an advantage I would say. In TT, it's still harder to make the last card count by carefully planning a way to create a Same/Plus opportunity for it. If combos are triggered by any card getting flipped, it becomes a lot easier for the player placing the last card to just focus on making sure that the last combo will last long enough to flip enough cards etc.

I'm also curious if there's going to be a timer involved. When playing TT with all cards revealed, thinking several turns ahead is extremely important. I think a timer could be nice to have though. It shouldn't be too short, since the thinking ahead part is what makes the game strategical. But if you have all day to make a move, I know for a fact that I will take all the sweet time I'm given to think a move through properly before I place a card. And the person on the other side might or might not have the patience for that.