Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Artwork for new TCG inspired by Triple Triad

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima Shadow View Post
    Omigosh, I need to lurk the art forums more so I don't miss stuff like this.

This is looking absolutely awesome for the most part and as a pretty big Triple Triad fan (and TT tournament champ ) I'm very interested.

After watching the gameplay video, I do have some things I'd like to bring up though.

First of all, I noticed that no Same rule was in play. Will Plus/Same rules (or similar rules) exist in the game?

Secondly, I noticed that "combos" seem to activate from taking over a card the normal way (with a stronger number) which doesn't happen in TT. I don't have a direct problem with that, however... having played a whole lot of PvP Triple Triad, I can clearly say that the person who gets to put down the first and the last card always has a slight edge. In TT, this is mostly because - if you have the opponent's cards figured out, you can either force a situation where your last card placed will combo and the opponent can do nothing about it, or you can ensure that you just take enough cards with your last card to either win or force a draw.

...in a case where simply taking over any card results in combos, the player placing the last card gets an even greater advantage. A far too big of an advantage I would say. In TT, it's still harder to make the last card count by carefully planning a way to create a Same/Plus opportunity for it. If combos are triggered by any card getting flipped, it becomes a lot easier for the player placing the last card to just focus on making sure that the last combo will last long enough to flip enough cards etc.

I'm also curious if there's going to be a timer involved. When playing TT with all cards revealed, thinking several turns ahead is extremely important. I think a timer could be nice to have though. It shouldn't be too short, since the thinking ahead part is what makes the game strategical. But if you have all day to make a move, I know for a fact that I will take all the sweet time I'm given to think a move through properly before I place a card. And the person on the other side might or might not have the patience for that.
    Hi Ultimate Shadow, Excellent points raised and thanks for the kind words.

To answer some of your questions; yes there will be same/plus rules. The card game in Eminence: Xander's Tales (known as the Card Battle System or CBS for short) consists of a number of rules.Here's a brief summary of how they work (more information can be found on this page of our website http://playeminence.com/game/dueling)When players engage in a game they can select any number of rules to govern the duel (the same/plus being amongst them).

However, to make things easier to understand, rules are organised into three categories:

Normal - Which has rules like Open, Random etc.
    Combos - Rules contained include the Infinite Combo (the one seen in the video),
    Same and Plus Eminence - Which has unique rules to Eminence such as Wildcards, Gems (where the numbers are replaced by actions your avatar performs).

Similarly, once a game begins, players can also choose the trading rules which basically determines how many cards the winner gets (i.e. 1 to 5).However, in order to use some of the more advanced rules (combo and eminence rules), players have to unlock them by improving their rank in the game. This is done to ensure everyone learns the basics first.Regarding the Infinite Combo, it's still a working progress as we're ironing out the details of how this rule should work. You made some good points and we'll keep them in mind. Yes, there will be a timer in all the card duels. This is to further enhance the strategic nature of the game. Our trailer for the Kickstarter campaign will show additional footage of some of the other rules as well as the MMORPG environment.

not a big card player, but the concept art looks fantastic!

Quote Originally Posted by jodymcdougle View Post
    not a big card player, but the concept art looks fantastic!
    Thank you jodymcdougle!

Introducing our latest card. A new force of the Hollows Division who seeks a hostile oblivion, Millennia.http://buff.ly/1wB38zS

Last edited by Eminence; 07-18-2014 at 09:43 AM.

A presentation of some in game screens showcasing the variety of landscapes featured in Eminence.

Last edited by Eminence; 07-19-2014 at 08:01 PM.

A dying world, plagued by the premise of a raging star which stands close to destruction. Will you save it?

The harbinger of death, Evalisk, resides in the rifts of a timeless void

The Eminence Marketplace - your one stop shop for all card, equipment and gear needs.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Oh the little characters are adorable! The style is very different from the cards though.

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    Oh the little characters are adorable! The style is very different from the cards though.
    Regarding our approach of art style, this was driven by the storyline:

"Within the previous events of the current timeline in Eminence, three Divine Archaics foresaw a prophecy where the world would finally be rid of its endless loop of destruction in the next cycle.

For this to happen, they predicted a timeline of events necessary to occur in order for the world to be salvaged. In the discovery, Xander uncovered numerous cards etched with the faces of different individuals who appeared to have a key role to play in the predicted events. The scriptures warned that the individuals marked on the cards must never become aware of their fate, for the prophecy would distort – creating an alternate line of events which could continue to push the world into despair."

To reflect this we looked to our own history for inspiration, combining elements of Ancient Egypt's hieroglyphics and church stained glass windows to develop a style deep in mythology. We have also paid careful attention to merge and include these elements in certain parts of the game world when it is relevant to the story. Hopefully you'll find that it works quite well.

Please see the history section of the story on our website for more info - http://playeminence.com/story/history

We are pleased to showcase our guardian card for the Hollows division; Diablo - Devils Tower.

Forge alliances and friendships. A brand new journey awaits. Not long to go until our Kickstarter launches!

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Feel free to link to this thread on your Kickstarter page...

Quote Originally Posted by Quin View Post
    Feel free to link to this thread on your Kickstarter page...
    Apologies for my slowness but I don't quite get what you mean?

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well, you know, if you happened to want people to discuss your fantastic work in a friendly environment, you've already started a thread here.